• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

it's assault, however she came to be there doesn't change that, she may well have been breaking the law too, and if so should be charged accordingly, but there is no reasonable excuse for the level of force Field used

it's assault, however she came to be there doesn't change that, she may well have been breaking the law too, and if so should be charged accordingly, but there is no reasonable excuse for the level of force used

What was the level of force? Grabbed and chuck out of an event she had no right to be at?

it's assault, however she came to be there doesn't change that, she may well have been breaking the law too, and if so should be charged accordingly, but there is no reasonable excuse for the level of force Field used
it does change the fact its assault if he thinks its self defense, he wont get anything and nor should he imo.

(I hate Tory MPs so no bias).

watch the video, it's on every news site, he pushes her against a pillar, grabs her by the back of the neck and marches her out

Yeh I have seen it several times and I don't see the force as excessive, she was someone where she had no right to be and was rightfully ejected, you think that was "force" where as I don't and it was not a premeditated action from him, it was a reaction to her being there which for me is crucial.

it does change the fact its assault if he thinks its self defense, he wont get anything and nor should he imo.
(I hate Tory MPs so no bias).

Would there have been as much uproar had it been a woman dishing out the exit? Is it the level of force taken thats the issue or that its a man on a woman?

Would there have been as much uproar had it been a woman dishing out the exit? Is it the level of force taken thats the issue or that its a man on a woman?
no there wouldn't have (again imo) - would still be a bit of an uproar but the aesthetics of the image is more powerful given it was a women.

and vice versa - those saying this isn't assault tend to be the same saying the milkshake was.

Exactly, I agree, thats why its all abit OTT hyperbolt like 90% of peoples reactions to things these days especially politics. I can be as guilty as anyone.

I think everything needs to be viewed and considered on its own merit and for me I didn't see much more on this than someone trying to storm a meeting to protest and being ejected, its been made out to be much worse than it is, but ultimately thats all it was.

This isnt a right v left or woman v man thing, all that is just added to push agenda.

Exactly, I agree, thats why its all abit OTT hyperbolt like 90% of peoples reactions to things these days especially politics. I can be as guilty as anyone.

I think everything needs to be viewed and considered on its own merit and for me I didn't see much more on this than someone trying to storm a meeting to protest and being ejected, its been made out to be much worse than it is, but ultimately thats all it was.

This isnt a right v left or woman v man thing, all that is just added to push agenda.
Of course it is, I wanted to jump on the bandwagon because the guy is a clam (IMO) but looking at the pictures its about proportional maybe a little bit rougher than he needed to be.

Of course it is, I wanted to jump on the bandwagon because the guy is a clam (IMO) but looking at the pictures its about proportional maybe a little bit rougher than he needed to be.

Yeh maybe and if it was a little rougher than he needed to be even then I would say the out pouring is far greater than the action.

ALSO lets get it right, this woman would have gone in with her big boy pants on and known the risks, Greenpeace are activists and they prepare for all this and the worst case, thats a fact.

Downing Street said Theresa May had viewed the footage and decided to suspend Field. He had referred himself to the Cabinet Office and the Conservative party, who are both investigating.

“She found it very concerning. The police have said they are looking into reports over this matter,” May’s spokeswoman said.

“He will be suspended as a minister while this investigation takes place. Mansion House are looking into the breach of security that took place and we believe it is right they are now reviewing their security arrangements.”

May is understood to have spoken to her chief whip, Julian Smith, after viewing the footage, and Smith told Field he had been suspended mid-morning on Friday.

Like every nightclub bouncer in the country does, with far more physicality, 5-6 times every night

She may have had something good to say, Greenpeace do some good things but ultimately she was somewhere she should not have been, I mean where do people draw the line on personal responsibility?

If I was going to go in and do what she did last night I would be doing so expecting what she got, so I find it hard to believe she would be licking her wounds today or that people expect a different outcome.

Back