1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Politics, politics, politics part deux

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by SpurMeUp, 19 Feb 2019.

1. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

They lied so much and were soo wrong about how negotiations with the EU would go... But now you believe their retoric about negotiating a trade with the US?? Are you being serious?

As some one that pretty much called exactly what would happen with the negotiations with the EU. Let me in detail explain what will happen to us in negotiations with the US after no deal and us being in a desperate position negotiating with a bigger trade partner:

anal sex, no lube, no foreplay just hard violent penatration that will leave us permently scared and vulnerable. It will make the negotiations with the EU look like a glorious moment in our history. Of course it won't be sold as such... It will be sold as loving consentual sex... But we will be the ones forever walking funny.

Hotshot-Tottenham and SpurMeUp like this.
  2. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Tom Huddlestone

And I suppose I need to "own it" for some reason as well?

Remove your delusion and look at all of what was actually said, rather than the single (misrepresented) soundbite that suits your narrative and allows for such an eagerly delivered tirade.

When asked a leading question he said everythings on the table (as most would expect in trade negotiations) and was immediately countered. As you would expect in trade negotiations. As it should be.

Storm in a teacup.

parklane1 likes this.
  3. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

If you support brexit you should own it,a should every other Brexiter, it will be the ultimate result of your actions and support.

Thing is, it's not just him that said it, is it?

4. nayimfromthehalfwayline

I support independence and the opportunities it presents.

I support leaving a controlling, insular, racist group.

After that we will have to see what happens.

I need not "own" anything, thats your own perversion.

5. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

You have my permission to leave the brexit party
    kidding

DTA likes this.
  6. nayimfromthehalfwayline

baboom *tish*

Brexit Party are no more than a means to an ends.

How do you think they will do in Peterborough?

7. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

No clue.

8. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Its reported as though they are favourites, though I think largely due to the referendum result (60% leave if memory serves).

Will be interesting to see how it actually plays out.

9. jts1882

jts1882 Chris Armstrong

The Americans have been fairly consistent on the trade deal. Everything traded should be on the table. The ambassador and then Trump got leading questions about the NHS which they answered the same way. No one thought to ask whether US defence procurement would also be on the table.

People forget that the NHS does have involvement with trade. It buys pharmaceuticals and it outsources some services. The NHS contracts with private hospitals for some operations and also for care homes. Some US companies are already involved in the latter. Many people object to outsourcing, but that is a separate argument. If something is outsourced we want the best deal for the NHS regardless of who supplies it.

10. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

Means to end of: The NHS. Animal welfare standards. Food product safety. Objections to fracking, working conditions standards, workers rights. Etc etc

Yes a means to an ends in deed.

11. nayimfromthehalfwayline

No, it doesnt.

It means the freedom to choose.

It is you assuming a choice that is yet to happen, thats all your imagination at this point.

12. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Chris Perry

Yes but there are so many other upsides! Nayim talks about oppotunites, but no knows what they are? :) Is Brexit the biggest farce of our time? Trump to me is no big deal. Tweets some stupid stuff has some controversal ideas but in the main he is not half as radical as he seems. Brexit on the other hand is just pure unadulterated waste of time and money. A backward step away from free trade, the environment, the global reality and future. The final nail in Great Britian which has gone from colonial power to wealthy respected nation to peripheral laughing stock.

DTA likes this.
  13. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

Just a few questions if I may:

Freedom to choose what?

Do you think that you get a better deal negotiating with a bigger or smaller potential trade partner?

Do you accept that no deal will leave us poorer with less power at least until we sign trade deals?

Do you think that being in a poorer and weaker position than we are at present, is the best circumstances to start trade negotiations with a much bigger trade partner?

How desperate do you think Brexiters in power, will be to get a big trade deal done with the US?

If you are the US, what would be the British assets/markets you would want to strip.... Sorry I meant have access to?

14. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Whatever we want, thats the point.

Choose who we deal with and on what terms. Who we give access to, to what, and why. Choose how we set out budgets and taxation. Choose what tariffs we apply to whom and for what. Freedom to nationalise - or privatise what we want. Freedom to ban Diesels in an environmental move, or allow fracking if we so choose.

We gain a great deal of freedom of choice in leaving. What we then do with it is where things can get interesting.

When talking trade I think we get a deal that suits all parties, ultimately, or theres no deal.

15. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

He is on a mission and determined to convince everyone that the NHS is going to be destroyed<

16. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

No but I'm genuinely scared that it will be though.

The people that are leading brexit' lie a lot... They don't care about you... They really don't.

17. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

Why didn't you answer all my questions?

There is no major country that trades exclusively on WTO terms... We will be gagging for a deal... Any deal if WTO/no deal brexit' happens. So all your unicorn brick won't be relevent at all. We will be on our knees looking up at uncle Sam while he unzips his jeans and tells us it will all be alright, just make sure you swallow.

And that will be partly your fault... That is what you are doing to your country.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  18. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Young-Pyo Lee

Why wouldn't he think that they want the NHS destroyed? Tories are at the heart of Brexit and it goes without saying that it is an anathema to their loopy free market beliefs.

SpurMeUp and DTA like this.
  19. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Young-Pyo Lee

How about this? Boris the Clown Shoe and Nigel, Nice Little Earner Farage get huge profits for their corporate mates through a free trade deal with the US, (with the NHS is included) at the cost of the people losing their universal health care system. Nah, they would never do that....would they?

DTA likes this.
  20. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Because they all round into the final point I made.

My fault, you are hilarious. Desperate to blame someone, anyone, for the predetermined outcome youve convinced yourself of.

Because its just those two who have to ok the deal right? Just as thats how May got the deal with the EU signed off.....