1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Politics, politics, politics part deux

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by SpurMeUp, 19 Feb 2019.

1. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

No deal will be the real crash if it happens.

DTA likes this.
  2. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

I think that trip was to hook up with his buddies Bannon, Banks and Trump at the RNC after his meeting with Assange in the embassy.

edit: and Stone

DTA likes this.
  3. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

i am sorry that happened to you friend, there are racists in every corner but if you read this thread since the first vote you will see that it is either said or suggested that anyone who voted out was racist. Ignorance is in view wherever you look.

4. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

Not everyone that voted for Brexit is racist. I completely accept that. Never thought for a second that you or @Danishfurniturelover or @Gutter Boy etc are racist... @wiziwig though... Dude is a fascist.

parklane1 and Gutter Boy like this.
  5. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Vedran Corluka

Yes, will be interesting how the new MEPs handle it once they realise they are on the EU gravy train.

6. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

What about all the black and brown spouses and family members who are denied visas because of the EU's pro-white immigration policy?

7. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

How is that EU immigration policy? We in the UK are free to set our own non EU immigration policy.

Hotshot-Tottenham likes this.
  8. r-u-s-x

r-u-s-x Young-Pyo Lee

Do you believe that?

9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Chris Perry

...but every racist voted for Brexit. Which is unfortunate is you don’t wish to be associated with the far right.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

10. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Chris Perry

I get your sentiment. Would be sad for this empowering the UK movement to fall apart. I actually think the right kind of PM could harness this UK nationalist spirit to do something quite radical in the UK. Introduce conscription for out of work layabouts, get the army cleaning up our towns, nationalise some industry, introduce some online voting to indicates preferences (with great care and educational vids/forums) to involved disaffected peoples in politics. To harness the ownership that people have with politics and nationhood at the moment.

What I find frustrating with Brisket right now is none of the debate is honest at the moment. Politicians are ‘pandering to the people’. Rather than explain the reasons Brexit is not working; instead they are trying to say - we hold our hands up - we didn’t deliver. Sucking to Farage and essentially making false promises. When you dissect it, whoever is running the show, there is no Brexit that doesn’t leave us in worse shape. Why are politicians afraid to explain why this is the case?

I also wonder if people really understand a no deal exit. London would change. Maybe for the better in some ways. Who’s to judge? The old or the young? When I was a kid there were many many empty properties, get on the tube in the middle of the day and there’d be one other person on the carriage sometimes. Unthinkable now in our overcrowded city. But going back to a less successful London would mean massive financial hardship. For example, would we take homes losing 50%+ of their value. Foreign holidays being a lot more pricey, having much less cash in your pocket which doesn’t go as far. A NHS with less money to spend etc etc...in short there is no going back. Only forwards. We just need politicians with vision who are not selling snake oil.

Last edited: 27 May 2019
  11. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Chris Williamson?
    Naz Shah?
    Ken Livingstone?

12. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

Alongside Nepal's finest no doubt.

DTA likes this.
  13. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Chris Perry

Brexit is very much a thing. That is the problem. It was supposed to be easy. It ain’t. Farage, Stephen Hawkins, and Chuck Norris could be in charge of delivering Brexit and we’d be no better off.

What is it you see in 300 years? How will cutting off from neighbouring nations sort us out?

But you are right Brexit is a thing. The EU elections were proxy votes for or against Brexit. Therefore we need to let people vote for real on some kind of exit plan - when the cards are on the table and we can see exactly what will be delivered. Then we will vote and we will have a resolution one way or tother.

14. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Chris Perry

Try reading it again. Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist (the vast majority are not) but every racist voted Brexit.

15. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

These days people are generally not prepared to go through any pain to reach something or somewhere better...they just don't have the appetite for it. Collective spirit/motivation/direction just isn't there, (probably a product of the self-interested, self-centred, screen addicted nation) combine that with a lack of Poch/Levy type dream teams to lead the way and there is (sadly) little point, and most likely a dangerous proposition.

You have to be careful with what you perceive to be downsides. Most first time buyers in the South-East are pushing 40...50% reduction = yes please. It's an example of re-balancing, one of the main reasons for all the recent political turmoil...the gap between the haves and have nots growing and often times perceived unfairly so.

Currencies have forever and a day fluctuated, many times in our favour meaning we can feel rather rich abroad. Recent times not so much, but certainly no further than feeling things are on a par with costs at home. Besides think of all the tourists coming into our country thinking 'england is expensive'..well boo hoo if it s a bit round the other way, we'd have to cut our cloth accordingly and of course the kicker is tourism here would benefit.

The NHS will need help, study foreign systems of PMI and cherry pick those that make sense. Complete potential opt out for some people and generous tax breaks for companies that go all in on looking after their staff.

The de-centralisation economically from London is worth investigation especially if we go it alone, industry, agriculture, will have to return as the service industry will contract. Long term vision required though. Real money creation rather than the thin air model. If we are worried about food and energy, you make them your starting points.

16. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

They are 3 racists who not only voted, but campaigned, for remain

17. scaramanga

scaramanga Erik Thorstvedt Staff Member

Do you think that was the actions of racists using Brexit as yet another excuse for their beliefs or non-racists reacting to Brexit by becoming racists?

18. DTA

DTA Steed Malbranque

Yeah I get it, I assume they were almost certainly Racist before Brexit, but I think an arguement can be made that Brexit has emboldened the racists.

Statistically there has been an increase in hate crimes since the referendum.

19. scaramanga

scaramanga Erik Thorstvedt Staff Member

I'd like to see those statistics.

I've been suspicious of crime statistics ever since Tony Blair solved knife crime by taking a snapshot on a rainy September and comparing it to a sunny one.

20. Dicko

Dicko Kasey Keller

Now that the prospect of getting any kind of compromise deal is getting less and less likely are there any politicians that are 400% No Deal, and have suggested why it could be the best option. Genuine question. Is there anyway for them to convince the masses that No Deal could work out for the best or is it for sure that a No Deal would be more catastrophic than a soft brexit in the long term?