• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

MPs won't let that happen though. I don't think he has many allies any more in the HoC, so they'll make sure he doesn't make the final two.

I'd imagine it will be a safe pair of hand senior minister like Hunt or Javid against a relatively baggageless Brexitter like Rabb or Mordaunt

That was the case pre-Brexit Party. Farage has changed all that. Now Boris is seen as the answer to Farage. A scary prospect! Fighting popularism with a UK Trump. A bit like introducing an invasive species to control a pest only to find it takes over the native ecosystem.

Representative democracy is the old school. What we had when politics was trusted. What has caused the shift to popularism? You have to say the main factor is the Brexit vote. Yes politics needs innovation and refreshing but it is Brexit that has broken parliament and left the nation in limbo.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Every leader, politician, rival or ally have been saying gracious things, showing a little sympathy and humanity.

Then....

Corbyn blasts May and calls for election

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has reacted to Mrs May’s statement, calling for an “immediate” general reaction.

He will soon face his third Conservative PM as Labour leader.

He says: “The Prime Minister is right to have resigned. She has now accepted what the country has known for months: she cannot govern, and nor can her divided and disintegrating party.

“The burning injustices she promised to tackle three years ago are even starker today.

“The Conservative Party has utterly failed the country over Brexit and is unable to improve people’s lives or deal with their most pressing needs.

“Parliament is deadlocked and the Conservatives offer no solutions to the other major challenges facing our country.

“The last thing the country needs is weeks of more Conservative infighting followed by yet another unelected Prime Minister.

“Whoever becomes the new Conservative Leader must let the people decide our country’s future, through an immediate general election.”

Classy heh? Cant even let the ink dry on her letter before champing at the bit for his precious election he puts above everything else.

He's right though.

And let's be clear, she is resigning, she's not died or resigned due to serious illness (unless you count being a Tory) - supposedly no one votes for parties anymore, they vote for the leader......so it's time for a GE.

Every leader, politician, rival or ally have been saying gracious things, showing a little sympathy and humanity.

Then....

Corbyn blasts May.

What are you on about, May’s own party are putting the boot in. Far far from gracious or human the Conservatives are like a pack of hyenas when a leader is falling.

The Leader of the Opposition is supposed to put the boot in continuously.

Maybe it’s your bias showing through?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Reactions: DTA
He's right though.

And let's be clear, she is resigning, she's not died or resigned due to serious illness (unless you count being a Tory) - supposedly no one votes for parties anymore, they vote for the leader......so it's time for a GE.

She has clearly done her best, and done what she thought best, and is defeated.
(which is at no point suggesting a job well done at all)

It really wouldnt be a bad thing for Corbyn to show just a little respect. If anything he would look much better for it.

But instead he is so rabid for an election he cant even muster that.

People should vote for parties, not leaders. And politicians (of all colour) should live up to the right standards, not the popular or self serving ones.

Ha, back to square one. I dont need to own a thing, because its not even there, thats the whole bloody point.

I voted for a single reason, for a single reason party, and thats it.

And as we both know, by your own admission, IF I have contributed to the privatisation of the NHS (I havent) it will be in an infinitesimally small (and secondary/tertiary) way.

You say you arent losing your brick about it, but youve been rather forcefully trying to drive home how I need to "Own" that. Something doesnt quite add up.

I do hope you practice what you preach and never ever vote for anyone who could possibly have such minor negative implications/connotations yourself.

Although I guess that would just mean you dont vote.

He has to be the literal worse choice. I cant imagine him getting close to it when all is said and done.

The reason that you voted for Farage is not what I'm talking about... Never was. It's the result of your vote.

Take responsibility.

About Boris, if it goes to the membership then he will be locked in.

And although @Gutter Boy doesn't believe that he has the parliamentary support of the conservatives, if they are planning an election anytime soon, they feel Taht he would literally be the only person Taht could beat Corbyn

The reason that you voted for Farage is not what I'm talking about... Never was. It's the result of your vote.

Take responsibility.

About Boris, if it goes to the membership then he will be locked in.

And although @Gutter Boy doesn't believe that he has the parliamentary support of the conservatives, if they are planning an election anytime soon, they feel Taht he would literally be the only person Taht could beat Corbyn

Responsibility for what? What are the direct consequences? Because despite your "enlightening" there arent any for the NHS as you protest, and even admit yourself would be minute anyway.

So why the lecture?

You say you didnt vote Labour, did you vote at all? Greens?

Boris is a liability, everyone knows it - and as you say he wouldnt have any clout in the commons either. You can rely on the Tories (or any politicians, frankly) to look after their own interests, which would basically kill of Boris' chances. I think his performance since the referendum has done a lot to damage his public persona too, his stint as Foreign secretary was embarrassing.

Can one of the remoaners who is so in love with the evil EU explain to me why it is ok for European countries to have a insurance based health service but not ok for us.

The NHS is like a weird cult for some in this country. I have a serious illness that was first seen by a GP but then we went private. Not sure what the issue is with private health care.

Relatives in Australia can not afford for a hip replacement so are waiting for their form of state help but they have an insurance based system. If it came in here people would still be treated.

As for Farage the is a movement in general left leaning society to try and turn him into the devil. He is far from that, he believes in independence, he has always said this country has a duty to accept asylum seekers as they differ from general immigration. And that general immigration should be on a visa points based system like so many other countries in the world.

The far left like to try and turn someone into a monster, you see it every time a republican becomes president. Your so it with Maggie who with the passing of time you can see her mistakes but she was still streets ahead of Kinnock at the time and the country agreed.

I as long as he still wants some separation from Europe voting Corbyn. I want fresh ideas and a more society orientated country and think he offers that.

As for fracking I am mixed on it. Would probably allow 10 year licences while we get true green technology up to speed, wave turbine technology and the like.
This would be a catastrophic mistake on top of the many we have already made.

She has clearly done her best, and done what she thought best, and is defeated.
(which is at no point suggesting a job well done at all)

It really wouldnt be a bad thing for Corbyn to show just a little respect. If anything he would look much better for it.

But instead he is so rabid for an election he cant even muster that.

People should vote for parties, not leaders. And politicians (of all colour) should live up to the right standards, not the popular or self serving ones.
Sounds to me like he fighting for his country and what he believes is best for the country - that is what we want our politicians to do.

Respect? Respect what? Person quits job - that's it. There is no need for any extra pomp and ceremony.

P

I'm not losing my brick at all.

I'm saying if you, or anyone who votes for Farage then you and they will have contributed to the eventual privatisation of the NHS.

You have to own that.

There has been plenty of rubbish posted in this thread ( by many posters) but i am sorry mate that one is probably the biggest load of tripe i have read. (imo)

Sounds to me like he fighting for his country and what he believes is best for the country - that is what we want our politicians to do.

Respect? Respect what? Person quits job - that's it. There is no need for any extra pomp and ceremony.

I dont think he is fighting for his country, I think he is fighting for himself.

I think the guys an asshole. I think the same every time I see him, or hear his speak. Hes a snidey brickbag is my gut reaction every time I see him.

And things like this only reinforce that.

Were he to have shown a bit of class, even if it is just pomp and ceremony, the impression would have been of a more reasonable and decent man.

You say yourself, people vote for leaders (I agree they generally do, though I think they shouldnt - so politics shouldnt play up to it), so you should also recognise PR is a major part of winning elections.

Im yet to see him take a single chance offered to improve his image. Usually he does the opposite.

I cant stand Juncker at all, but look:

EU Commission: 'No change' on Brexit withdrawal deal

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker "followed prime minister May's announcement this morning without personal joy", a spokeswoman has said.

She added: "The president very much liked and appreciated working with prime minister May, and has said before Theresa May is a woman of courage for whom he has great respect.

"He will equally respect and establish working relations with any new prime minister, whomever they may be, without stopping his conversations with prime minister May.

"Our position on the withdrawal agreement has been set out by my colleague yesterday. There is no change to that.

"We have set out our position on the withdrawal agreement and on the political declaration.

"The European Commission and the Article 50 format has set out its position and we remain available for anyone who will be the new prime minister."

Managed to make his political point while being courteous/respectful about it.

Its really not hard.

I cant stand Juncker at all, but look:

EU Commission: 'No change' on Brexit withdrawal deal

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker "followed prime minister May's announcement this morning without personal joy", a spokeswoman has said.

She added: "The president very much liked and appreciated working with prime minister May, and has said before Theresa May is a woman of courage for whom he has great respect.

"He will equally respect and establish working relations with any new prime minister, whomever they may be, without stopping his conversations with prime minister May.

"Our position on the withdrawal agreement has been set out by my colleague yesterday. There is no change to that.

"We have set out our position on the withdrawal agreement and on the political declaration.

"The European Commission and the Article 50 format has set out its position and we remain available for anyone who will be the new prime minister."

Managed to make his political point while being courteous/respectful about it.

Its really not hard.

Whilst I completely agree with you, what has it come to when we're holding up JC Juncker as an example of charm and decency...?

Jeez Jezza, hang your head man!

There has been plenty of rubbish posted in this thread ( by many posters) but i am sorry mate that one is probably the biggest load of tripe i have read. (imo)

His views on the NHS are out there for anyone to see.

By voting for him you are saying that his views on Brexit are more important to you than his views on the NHS.

You vote for him, he gets more power, and so do his views, including his views on the NHS.

Last edited:
Whilst I completely agree with you, what has it come to when we're holding up JC Juncker as an example of charm and decency...?

Jeez Jezza, hang your head man!

That's the thing, examine real things (as apposed to the Sun or Telegraph's headlines) and the EU is decent, its mandate charming - to help nations work together. It is our government that needs attention.

Ironic that we vote to get out of Europe as a protest against our own government who are a mess, and we fix it by insisting these failiurs get more power :)

Last edited:
That's the thing, examine real things (as apposed to the Sun or Telegraph's headlines) and the EU is decent, its manade charming - to help nations work together. It is our government that needs attention.

Ironic that we vote to get out of Europe at a protest against our own internal government who are a mess, and we fix it by insisting these failiurs get more power :)

This really is Brexit summed up.

His views on the NHS are out there for anyone to see.

By voting for him you are saying that his views on Brexit are more important to you than his views on the NHS.

You vote for him, he gets more power, and so do his views, including his views on the NHS.

And if you vote for Conservatives, not saying you do personally but if you did, you could say that you must hold some Conservative values much more higher than their record in running the public services into the ground?

There is alot out there for all to see and for Labour and Conservatives that includes track records in powers which is why, as I keep saying, we are where we are now.

Back