• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

A much much larger amount.

I never said any different.

So why exactly are you losing your brick and lecturing people about "OWNING THEIR DECISION" when in the scheme of things my voting Brexit Party is virtually meaningless to the points you are trying to beat me over the head with?

I dont think there is a preferred candidate.

Id say similar for Labour should Corbyn move on.

Doesnt strike me as there being any real talent coming up...

I guess that's what 40 years of outsourcing the important areas of polity to the EU and our low pay for politicians (less than deputy head teachers) does.

What are people's thoughts on the next PM then?

For me Johnson and Rudd are the two I'd least like to see - Johnson because of who he is and Rudd because she's the main remainer in the field.

Hunt and Javid seem the grown-ups in cabinet, but both have massive charisma voids.

Part of me would like to see a younger female PM. Thatcher and May have given female leaders a bad name and potentially better role models like Harriet Harman have never been allowed to get to party leader level. Truss seems a bit Osborne-y neo-lib on economics, and I don't know much about McVey or Mordant.

Basically I'd like to see a Canada+ leaver, who is socially liberal, but more economically Keynesian/one nation. I'm not sure who that candidate is.
Unlikely but my choice would be Mordaunt.

Got a factory in her constituency and she's always been excellent. Hell of a lot brighter and more effective than May.

Unlikely but my choice would be Mordaunt.

Got a factory in her constituency and she's always been excellent. Hell of a lot brighter and more effective than May.

She's supposed to be socially liberal, but where's her economics on the laissez faire to interventionist spectrum?

This is a bit weird, but she actually reminds me a bit of someone I used to go out with (it's the Wren/Devon/Dartmouth thing)

P
So why exactly are you losing your brick and lecturing people about "OWNING THEIR DECISION" when in the scheme of things my voting Brexit Party is virtually meaningless to the points you are trying to beat me over the head with?

I'm not losing my brick at all.

I'm saying if you, or anyone who votes for Farage then you and they will have contributed to the eventual privatisation of the NHS.

You have to own that.

She's supposed to be socially liberal, but where's her economics on the laissez faire to interventionist spectrum?

This is a bit weird, but she actually reminds me a bit of someone I used to go out with (it's the Wren/Devon/Dartmouth thing)
I don't think it would be fair to detail conversations held privately about politics (even from an MP) but it's safe to say she's low intervention, low tax, low spend in her core beliefs. Very much a product of Thatcher but more personable.

May's gone then

What a waste of 3 years. Particularly the last 6 months have been horrific. Time to reset with an actual leaver in charge.

I don't think it would be fair to detail conversations held privately about politics (even from an MP) but it's safe to say she's low intervention, low tax, low spend in her core beliefs. Very much a product of Thatcher but more personable.

That's not to my preference, but interesting to know

Nayim makes some good points here, the damage caused by Farage, the Brexit party and their support pales to the damage caused by Labour and Tory leadership in the last 20/25 years.

Infact its their performances that I believe are the major contributing factor to their success now.

If people are going to rid the country of Farage they are gonna need serious leaders and more tactics than slinging insults and milkshake.

If it goes to the membership i can't see past it being Boris.

The only one with first name recognition.

MPs won't let that happen though. I don't think he has many allies any more in the HoC, so they'll make sure he doesn't make the final two.

I'd imagine it will be a safe pair of hand senior minister like Hunt or Javid against a relatively baggageless Brexitter like Rabb or Mordaunt

I would like to retract my last post.

For some reason the first post I want to retract has quoted my last post from Scaramanga's first post about Mourdant.

Who still sounds like a Bram Stoker character.

Anyone else a bit bored today?

I'm not losing my brick at all.

I'm saying if you, or anyone who votes for Farage then you and they will have contributed to the eventual privatisation of the NHS.

You have to own that.

Ha, back to square one. I dont need to own a thing, because its not even there, thats the whole bloody point.

I voted for a single reason, for a single reason party, and thats it.

And as we both know, by your own admission, IF I have contributed to the privatisation of the NHS (I havent) it will be in an infinitesimally small (and secondary/tertiary) way.

You say you arent losing your brick about it, but youve been rather forcefully trying to drive home how I need to "Own" that. Something doesnt quite add up.

I do hope you practice what you preach and never ever vote for anyone who could possibly have such minor negative implications/connotations yourself.

Although I guess that would just mean you dont vote.

He has to be the literal worse choice. I cant imagine him getting close to it when all is said and done.

Back