• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Podcasts Recommendations

We have ways of making you talk. It’s all things Second World War history with Al Murray and James Holland. Good listen if you’re into history.

'Drilled' is a good'un about how the fossil fuel industry managed to mind fudge the planet about climate change.

Just finished two brilliant, but different, podcasts.

"Wind of change", a deeply fascinating investigation of the conspiracy theory that The Scorpions' hit Wind of change was actually masterminded by the CIA to bring down the Soviet Union. This podcast involves spies, commies, 80s hard rockers and a bunch of other eccentric people with amazing stories to tell.

"Rabbit hole", a NY Times podcast that investigates the darkest corners of the internet and social media, and how YouTube especially have affected today's political climate. This podcast is quite dystopian, but extremely interesting, and - I think - very well edited (although it took me a while to get used to the general tone of the podcast).

Just finished two brilliant, but different, podcasts.

"Wind of change", a deeply fascinating investigation of the conspiracy theory that The Scorpions' hit Wind of change was actually masterminded by the CIA to bring down the Soviet Union. This podcast involves spies, commies, 80s hard rockers and a bunch of other eccentric people with amazing stories to tell.

"Rabbit hole", a NY Times podcast that investigates the darkest corners of the internet and social media, and how YouTube especially have affected today's political climate. This podcast is quite dystopian, but extremely interesting, and - I think - very well edited (although it took me a while to get used to the general tone of the podcast).
The "Wind of Change" one has been recommended to me a few times. I'll give it a listen.

@braineclipse recommended 'Behind the Bastards' which is about the lesser know foibles of the biggest pricks in history. I'm three episodes in and all have been very entertaining. Loads of episodes too.

I might be repeating myself, but I love Athletico Mince. At some point - for quite a few episodes - he does a run about 'The White Harts' with Kane, Dele, Dier etc.

here's an animated version:

The "Wind of Change" one has been recommended to me a few times. I'll give it a listen.

@braineclipse recommended 'Behind the Bastards' which is about the lesser know foibles of the biggest pricks in history. I'm three episodes in and all have been very entertaining. Loads of episodes too.

You should definitely listen to Wind of change. I finished it in record time - very well made, with a storyline at times both bizarre and captivating, and plenty of twists and turns.

I'll give Behind the bastards a try too; it sounds entertaining from the description on Spotify.

Back