• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Podcasts Recommendations

Think you must be mistaken he lives in Middlesbrough [emoji57]

He doesn't. He's from 'Boro but has lived down south for decades. Vic and Bob were living in SE London when they got together and both moved out to Kent when they got a bit of money.

Cognitive Dissonance
The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
The Infinite Monkey Cage
Opening Arguments
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Waking Up with Sam Harris are both very good, but both suffer from dragging on a bit.

Thanks for the Sam Harris recommendation.

Personally I really enjoy longer podcasts and have been steadily working through his. Fascinating stuff.

been listening to the totally football show since richardson "defected" from the guardian, football weekly has now gone "edgy' by allowing the F word to be used.

S-town is still a masterpiece.
Picked up the book The Known World, merely because Brian Reed said he was inspired by it in his narrative of the story. Only 50 pages in, but it's very well written.

S-town is still a masterpiece.
Picked up the book The Known World, merely because Brian Reed said he was inspired by it in his narrative of the story. Only 50 pages in, but it's very well written.

It's great isn't it? I'm going to go back and listen to it again because I think that I have probably missed loads.

Give Jon Ronson's Butterfly Effect a listen. A completely different premise but he was clearly influenced by S Town in the way the story builds.

It's great isn't it? I'm going to go back and listen to it again because I think that I have probably missed loads.

Give Jon Ronson's Butterfly Effect a listen. A completely different premise but he was clearly influenced by S Town in the way the story builds.
Thanks bud, I'll add it to my list.

Stown is definitely worth a replay. I've done it and knowing the story beforehand makes you listen more closely to detail.

Stown is definitely worth a replay. I've done it and knowing the story beforehand makes you listen more closely to detail.

I think that I would particularly enjoy listening to the first two episodes knowing what happens

Think I listened to this back in October and enjoying it. Strange voice/narration though. Wasn't nearly as captivating as S-Town, but still an interesting topic.

Haven't found anything that has me hooked as of late. My go to show is still Seincast and I'll occasionally listen to On the Mark, which basically is Mark Immelman, brother of PGA professional Trevor, interviewing golf personalities.

Think I listened to this back in October and enjoying it. Strange voice/narration though. Wasn't nearly as captivating as S-Town, but still an interesting topic.

Haven't found anything that has me hooked as of late. My go to show is still Seincast and I'll occasionally listen to On the Mark, which basically is Mark Immelman, brother of PGA professional Trevor, interviewing golf personalities.

I love Ronson's voice and way of speaking

If you enjoy tech/web...

Where its come from and where it's going.....

Danny in the Valley is good...has many of the top peeps from SV on interview.

This one is incredibly good, thanks a lot for the recommendation. I wish he'd do a whole series of this kind of stuff. I need to check out his other shows as well, listed as mp3 files here:
http://www.jonronson.com/this.html

I have listened to quite a few of his radio programmes and they are very good. I have thought of posting a link the the confirmation bias one a couple of times on here.

Back