• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PODCAST - The Game Is About Glory - Tomorrow Never Knows

milo

Jack L. Jones
Episode 21

@thfcsteff, @AuroRaman, @ricky2tricky4city and @milo have a "morning before the night after" pod but find big laughs in dark moments whilst also obsessing on vintage English language and covering breaking thoughts on a breaking story that has broken three more ways already. Laugh along with us...

Recorded on Sunday night before Mourinho's sacking. The Super League announcement is made during the record.
  • Everton 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
  • Looks forward to Southampton and the cup final
  • Whilst the world collapses around us.

We'd really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts or help spread the word on social media.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...ibGljL3Nob3dzL3RoZS1nYW1lLWlzLWFib3V0LWdsb3J5

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Steff's written a must read piece for our blog

Great article, and although I was in favour of the ESL I can totally relate to a lot of what you write and how it makes you feel.
The idea that the real villains here are quietly continuing their work while the duped masses are patting each other on the back as they celebrate their virtuous victory is galling.
Some of the language used by neville and carragher in particular is sickening. Talk of running people out of town, I mean for gods sake, this isn't the wild west.
Where was that language for the racists, for coaches sexually abusing kids, for people who spit at kids even.
The real problem is, as John Barnes said, the stays quo was being skaken, and that status quo is not really a stays quo but a cabal taking money on false pretences under the banners of "The people's game".

Great article, and although I was in favour of the ESL I can totally relate to a lot of what you write and how it makes you feel.
The idea that the real villains here are quietly continuing their work while the duped masses are patting each other on the back as they celebrate their virtuous victory is galling.
Some of the language used by neville and carragher in particular is sickening. Talk of running people out of town, I mean for gods sake, this isn't the wild west.
Where was that language for the racists, for coaches sexually abusing kids, for people who spit at kids even.
The real problem is, as John Barnes said, the stays quo was being skaken, and that status quo is not really a stays quo but a cabal taking money on false pretences under the banners of "The people's game".

Agreed my friend and thank you (as always) for the kind words.

Great article, sums up my thoughts on paper much better than i could. I remember my Dad signing up to Sky back in 92 and then cancelling it as he didn't want his cash to line their pockets, he is one of the few people i know who turned his back on football back then. Admittedly he wasn't as emotionally invested as most then so was easier for him to do so.

Great article, sums up my thoughts on paper much better than i could. I remember my Dad signing up to Sky back in 92 and then cancelling it as he didn't want his cash to line their pockets, he is one of the few people i know who turned his back on football back then. Admittedly he wasn't as emotionally invested as most then so was easier for him to do so.
I remember the full Sports package started at £5 per month back then too!....

Constructive criticism alert - the random non Spurs related chat at the beginning might be a bit off putting to new listeners imo, i see what you're trying to do with it but maybe think about shifting it to the middle of the show or something?

That's a good point. We introduced it originally to help listeners get to know us. It also helps us warm up and by starting on a light hearted note, it helped stop things getting to heavy during the dark days of Mourinho.

Constructive criticism alert - the random non Spurs related chat at the beginning might be a bit off putting to new listeners imo, i see what you're trying to do with it but maybe think about shifting it to the middle of the show or something?
Agreed, I want to hear Spurs chat rather than "oh I don't like spiders/snakes/etc" Beatles chat

Back