• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PODCAST - The Game Is About Glory - Masonistas!

milo

Jack L. Jones
Episode 22

This week @thfcsteff, @AuroRaman, @ricky2tricky4city and @milo engage in a full and frank series of discussions about the League Cup Final, Ryan Mason, the European Super League debacle, financially-doped football teams, AND wax-lyrical about Istanbul, Finsbury Park and the New Kids On The Block.
  • Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton
  • Ryan Mason
  • League Cup Final
  • European Super League
  • Financial doping
  • Our next manager

We'd really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts or help spread the word on social media.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...ibGljL3Nob3dzL3RoZS1nYW1lLWlzLWFib3V0LWdsb3J5

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Good pod, lads! I'm enjoying these a lot. Regarding N'Dombele not starting the final, and Sissoko coming on instead of him, and I think it was Ricky saying he'd hoped N'Dombele would be the kind of player to dominate a final, as some players do that. It was said that Levy was the one that sanctioned the purchase of Sissoko, precisely because he was the best player on the pitch in the euro final (France vs Portugal) - and hence a kind of stand up and be counted-type of player that we needed. Which of course couldn't be further from the truth, but yeah, kind of funny to see in retrospect at the back of that final (not really a dig at Sissoko though).

Also, props for namedropping Fugazi in a Spurs-pod! Two of my favorite things in the world right there. :D

Good pod, lads! I'm enjoying these a lot. Regarding N'Dombele not starting the final, and Sissoko coming on instead of him, and I think it was Ricky saying he'd hoped N'Dombele would be the kind of player to dominate a final, as some players do that. It was said that Levy was the one that sanctioned the purchase of Sissoko, precisely because he was the best player on the pitch in the euro final (France vs Portugal) - and hence a kind of stand up and be counted-type of player that we needed. Which of course couldn't be further from the truth, but yeah, kind of funny to see in retrospect at the back of that final (not really a dig at Sissoko though).

Also, props for namedropping Fugazi in a Spurs-pod! Two of my favorite things in the world right there. :D

Cheers @Daisuk

Fugazi used to do warm up gigs near where I lived when I was a kid, so I saw them several times in really small venues in the late 80s/early 90s.

Cheers @Daisuk

Fugazi used to do warm up gigs near where I lived when I was a kid, so I saw them several times in really small venues in the late 80s/early 90s.

Nice! I never got to see them, sadly. :( Spot on about the financial differences and competing in different weight classes, by the way - very under communicated - we're just so used to it.

Nice! I never got to see them, sadly. :( Spot on about the financial differences and competing in different weight classes, by the way - very under communicated - we're just so used to it.

Someone who lived near me used to run a straight edge hardcore fanzine, so pretty all of those US bands did warms ups that he put on.

The financial differences discussion wasn't planned. I think that a few of us had some points that we wanted to bring into a cup final discussion but we hadn't talked about it beforehand or included it in our show notes.

Someone who lived near me used to run a straight edge hardcore fanzine, so pretty all of those US bands did warms ups that he out on.

The financial differences discussion wasn't planned. I think that a few of us had some points that we wanted to bring into a cup final discussion but we hadn't talked about it beforehand or included it in our show notes.

Yeah, very on point, and I think Steff said it excellently in his article posted a few days ago as well. It's very ironic how all the football big wigs went out against the ESL, seeing as they've all more or less supported similar schemes earlier, only they've been on the receiving end that time. I don't see it as likely at all, but if football could somehow introduce wage and trade caps, as they do in hockey, for instance, that could level out the playing field somewhat. But not gonna happen in a million years, so not really worth talking about. I have to say I'm quite worried about the future of football - the ESL thing was obviously just a beginning, we're going to see so much more of it in the coming years, and frankly, it feels like something along those lines will be an inevitability at some point, unless something very drastic happens from the top of the pyramid/structure (which won't happen unless it favours the ones already rich). Doom and gloom. We'll see!

Anyways, back to the point - good pod! You guys are finding your form, it's flowing well and just feels very natural to listen to. :)

Thanks for the shout out chaps - v much looking forward to @AuroRaman dulcent tones inveigling their way into suburban Harpenden…

Fair play @thfcsteff - it’s a fair cop re: Aurier and the foul. I let the emotion get the better of me on Sunday. Sterling was on fire and one foul against a player against the peak of his powers feels fair enough.

The boxing analogies very apt and also the point about why City and Chelsea turned tail so quickly on the ESL - what is the incentive for them to be a part of it?!

Nice one guys!

Thanks for the shout out chaps - v much looking forward to @AuroRaman dulcent tones inveigling their way into suburban Harpenden…

Fair play @thfcsteff - it’s a fair cop re: Aurier and the foul. I let the emotion get the better of me on Sunday. Sterling was on fire and one foul against a player against the peak of his powers feels fair enough.

The boxing analogies very apt and also the point about why City and Chelsea turned tail so quickly on the ESL - what is the incentive for them to be a part of it?!

Nice one guys!

Thanks mate.
I have been a huge critic of his in the past too, but yeah. The concession was galling because Laporte had been seen and instruction shouted to watch him; Sissoko was there but slow and soft. Sigh.

Nice one guys!

Name the track you'd want to hear!

Enjoyed the pod again, only criticism is mentioning Amir Khan, can't stand that bloke!

The Chelsea fact about their GBP 1bn loan from Abramovich i also found particularly interesting/disheartening (but they didn't buy success and are the saviours of the football league per some of the media!!)

The Chelsea fact about their GBP 1bn loan from Abramovich i also found particularly disheartening

Yup, the CL semi finals I watched last night and tonight are
Team with $1bn Russian Gas free money vs Team with $1bn Spanish State Aid free money
and
Team with $1bn Qatari Oil free money vs Team with $1bn Qatari Oil free money

It's so strange how these teams have risen to the top, such a mystery

Yup, the CL semi finals I watched last night and tonight are
Team with $1bn Russian Gas free money vs Team with $1bn Spanish State Aid free money
and
Team with $1bn Qatari Oil free money vs Team with $1bn Qatari Oil free money

It's so strange how these teams have risen to the top, such a mystery

Thank fudge we avoided the ESL closed shop

Back