• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Released

What do they mean by released? I guess it just means "come to the end of a contract" but Vidic is hardly "released"

Lots of big name players on that list, they surely aren't queueing up at the job centre next week?

I've seen conflicting reports on whether Lampard has or hasn't left but to be honest I'd still take him on a year long deal. Doubt he'd join us though. Eto'o I could give or take. I'd definantly take Cole even if he is a ****.

Only suprise for me is Schwarzer as I had no idea what so ever he was at Chelsea.

What do they mean by released? I guess it just means "come to the end of a contract" but Vidic is hardly "released"

Lots of big name players on that list, they surely aren't queueing up at the job centre next week?

I think it just means their contract expires this summer in most cases.

I imagine that a few of these players are still negotiating new contracts with their current club and not actually being released.

Speroni as a back-up should we decide to let Friedel go would suit me. Eto'o and Barry would be decent options too, although a) I doubt Barry would go anywhere other than Everton at this point, and b) Eto'o's wage demands will probably be prohibitively high.

According to BBC, Macheda is on his way to Cardiff. Think he'll struggle even at that level.

Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard to QPR anyone?

yeah bang on the money I would expect arry to come in for a few of our players and considering Pulis brought a few of ours when he was at Stoke I can see why the press are linking Palace with a few of our players.

The city keeper and also Barry would be decent squad players I would be happy with.

So could we see Arry get rid of all his big earners and replace them with this team

Green

Simpson Ferdinand Lescott Cole

Lampard Barton

Phillips Cole Hoilett

Eto'o​

The official list should be out next week some time (as soon as clubs have submitted their lists of retained players), but some already official ones:

Crystal Palace:

Lewis Price
Owen Garvan
Peter Ramage
Stephen Dobbie
Jerome Thomas

Hull:

Maynor Figueroa
Liam Rosenior
Paul McShane
Yannick Sagbo
Steve Harper

Saudi Sportswashing Machine:

Ryan Taylor
Jonas Gutierrez

QPR:

Brian Murphy
Richard Dunne
Rio Ferdinand
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Joey Barton
Bobby Zamora

Southampton:

Artur Boruc (now Bournemouth)
Jos Hooiveld

Stoke:

Thomas Sørensen
Andy Wilkinson
Wilson Palacios

Swansea:

Alan Tate
Gerhard Tremmel

West Brom:

Chris Baird
Youssouf Mulumbu

West Ham:

Carlton Cole
Jussi Jaaskelainen
Guy Demel
Nene

Some excerpts from the Championship:

Bolton:

Jermaine Beckford
Matt Mills
Keith Andrews
Craig Davies
Andrew Lonergan

Bournemouth:

Ian Harte

Blackburn:

David Dunn
Paul Robinson

Birmingham:

Nikola Zigic

Brighton & Hove Albion

Craig Mackail-Smith
Kemy Agustien
Aaron Hughes
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Paddy McCourt

Cardiff:

Danny Gabbidon
Nicky Maynard

Charlton Athletic

Tal Ben Haim
Chris Eagles
Roger Johnson
Oguchi Onyewu

Ipswich:

Stephen Hunt

Wolves:

Leon Clarke
Kevin Doyle

Norwich:

Carlos Cuellar
Javier Garrido
Mark Bunn
Luciano Becchio

Reading:

Danny Guthrie
Zat Knight
Yakubu

Millwall:

Stefan Maierhofer
Ricardo Fuller
Magaye Gueye
Justin Hoyte
Danny bricktu

Leeds:

Stuart Taylor
Rodolph Austin
Michael Tonge

Wigan Athletic:

Gaetan Bong
Kim Bo-Kyung
William Kvist
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Ali Al-Habsi

Blackpool:

Pretty much everyone

Jonas gutierez released after coming back from cancer treatment and playing a big part in saving Saudi Sportswashing Machine from relegation..

Poor Wilson; he seems to fallen apart with the death of his brother. Still remember his debut against the Scum and thinking "this guy will be world class" :(
Wasn't quite his debut, first game was vs Bolton iirc.
But yes he was outstanding vs Arsenal. Gave us what we'd be missing for years.

Back