• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Player of the Month - September

Player of the Month

• William Gallas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Vertonghen

Votes: 63 84.0%
  • Brad Friedel

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Jermain Defoe

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Aaron Lennon

• Gareth Bale

• Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
The entire squad have performed admirably in September.

But if I had to choose just one player, it would probably be Jan Vertonghen.

Right forgot about Sandro should have added him but quite frankly I thought Vertonghen would run away with it and is atm. I don't think Dembele has really settled yet personally

Right forgot about Sandro should have added him but quite frankly I thought Vertonghen would run away with it and is atm. I don't think Dembele has really settled yet personally

Disagree with that. Has another gear to go up, but he's settled fine.....

Jan all the way. Special mention for Defoe who has been outstanding in a role I did not think he would cope that well with.

Gallas has not had a good start, if bae or kaboom were fit I think he would have lost his starting spot by now easily.

Voted for Defoe not cos I think he deserves it (which sort of devalues my vote!) but cos I think he deserves some recognition (and think Jan should and will run away with it!).

I've slated Defoe as being a B level striker and not able to operate up front on his own and always being offside but he has been great this month IMO and this is me eating a tiny (and meaningless) piece of humble pie.

Voted for Defoe not cos I think he deserves it (which sort of devalues my vote!) but cos I think he deserves some recognition (and think Jan should and will run away with it!).

I've slated Defoe as being a B level striker and not able to operate up front on his own and always being offside but he has been great this month IMO and this is me eating a tiny (and meaningless) piece of humble pie.

Totally agree with the sentiment. Defoe was pretty damn good on Saturday, albeit had loads of time to twiddle his thumbs. He contributed to our potent first-half display and he deserves some recognition with all the naysayers and doubters (myself included) saying he can't play up top on his own.

Just out of curiousity, do people who think Defoe was outstanding against Utd, think that he needed to do more to take pressure off the defnece by willing free kicks, winning throw ins high up the pitch and generally hold the ball up?

This is not me having a go, just a feeling there is more to a striker and I did not see him help relieve the pressure Saturday by defending from the front

i think so, the lack of presence up there meant the ball kept coming straight back, i wouldn't blame defoe though, thats never been his game

Back