• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Plants

spurspinter1

Paul Stalteri
I've decided I quite like plants, and fancy getting a little one for my room. Not really sure what kind.

Do they all need light to survive? It's fairly dark in my room but I could make sure I open the blinds more often. Also where do I get one, not really sure where a garden center is in Liverpooooooool.

Not all plants need direct sunlight - ask staff at the nursery to advise you on the 'type'

If I recall correctly - some of the 'creepers' (Ivy-like derrivatives) are quite comfortable in shade and would soon transform your room once grown into a line, etc.

Last edited:
I've decided I quite like plants, and fancy getting a little one for my room. Not really sure what kind.

Do they all need light to survive? It's fairly dark in my room but I could make sure I open the blinds more often. Also where do I get one, not really sure where a garden center is in Liverpooooooool.

Someone else's back garden? ;)

I think money plants do quite well in shade

Or maybe get some carnivorous plants

So my current choices are the 1980's and South Africa, upon failing to get to either of these do florists generally stock some smallish plants?

plants are nice. my dad had a weedplant in our garden but it died.
get a cactus maybe. they don't die if you forget them.

When in Rome as they say....

I like the look of Money plants but where can I get one?

B&Q sell them actually, don't know if you've got those up north.... My grandad had a money plant (before he went) that was over 50 years old and had gotten so big it had taken other his guest room and had to be manouvered (as well as getting rid of the doors) to be able to remove it from the house. I think it's in a mueseum or something now, I have a few cuttings of it that we've shared amongst the family and my own one has started to grow quite well, really pleased with it so far.

Back