• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

PEH needs a break. He has played almost all the games since he signed. Speaks volumes about our others CMs, that even though he is out of form, the coach still prefers him over them.

Probably true. Though quite why he was left on the pitch yesterday and Skipp was taken off I'm not sure. Perhaps fitness related in some way that isn't publicly available?

Perhaps he needs a rest, perhaps he's just not a good fit for this system, either way his performances combined with our reliance on him is a concern.

I know stats don’t tell the whole story, but compared to Skipp yesterday he had more passes, more long passes, better pass completion (marginally), more dribbles, more tackles, more interceptions, more blocked shots. (Taking into account Skipp coming off at 72 mins).

Could people be being a bit overly harsh on him at the moment?

Last edited:
I know stats don’t tell the whole story, but compared to Skipp yesterday he had more passes, more long passes, better pass completion (marginally), more dribbles, more tackles, more interceptions, more blocked shots. (Taking into account Skipp coming off at 72 mins).

As a previous poster said the guy needs a break. He’s been poor since the start of this season. He played almost every game last season, was all over Europe physically and emotionally with Denmark in the summer and came back with barely any time off. He’s a better player than he looks at the moment I’m sure.

No he has really really dropped off a cliff
He has shown a lack of control of the ball
His passes were not incisive or quick so we’re easy to make
He isn’t winning tackles
And right now he can barely run
He needs to be out of the team for a few weeks at least

he looks to me like the player I saw at Southampton who won interceptions off his one lost passes, won tackles from being in the wrong place to intercept and couldn’t run. The player we saw for 80% of last session was much better than that

I see that now Dier, Winks and Sanchez have played better this season the hate player is now Hojbjerg. Haters have got to hate i guess. :(

I see that now Dier, Winks and Sanchez have played better this season the hate player is now Hojbjerg. Haters have got to hate i guess. :(
Don’t think it’s hate
Just using our eyes and seeing a player that right now can’t run and can’t control the ball
Son has lost the ability to control the ball but he is still able to run
And I think for most of us we can’t understand why he is getting starts over winks who has been offering more

There will always be overreactions when a player doesn't live up to whatever expectations people have.

For me he hasn't been good enough, needs to step up if he's to continue to be a first choice player for us. But he's had good moments too and can't fault his commitment on the pitch.

Still happy to have him in our squad, but at some point we need another option. He's had no competition more or less since he arrived, that says more about our squad than him.

I'm hoping he steps it up a level on the ball. Not unnatural that it takes time to adjust to a new style, but I also think there are some shortcomings there that may be difficult to overcome.

Don’t think it’s hate
Just using our eyes and seeing a player that right now can’t run and can’t control the ball
Son has lost the ability to control the ball but he is still able to run
And I think for most of us we can’t understand why he is getting starts over winks who has been offering more

Of course its not " hate" but there is no doubt he has taken the role off Dier, Sanchez, Winks as the player getting " over the top" rants. We all know he is not the best player in the Prem but he has done what he was bought for and we may replace him sooner rather then later.

Of course its not " hate" but there is no doubt he has taken the role off Dier, Sanchez, Winks as the player getting " over the top" rants. We all know he is not the best player in the Prem but he has done what he was bought for and we may replace him sooner rather then later.
He had done what we brought form
He isn’t now
That’s the key
He can turn it around

Whomever is the worst player in a team especially one that isn't performing to its highest level is going to get criticism. That's the nature of the beast, if they don't want the critique then they just have to be better than the worst player.

A shout out to him tonight - it's clear he isn't the greatest on the ball and likely will never be, but he ran his socks off and looked more like his old self, making interceptions left, right and centre.

Also showed huge game awareness to drag Bergwijn back when he was racing to the crowd, since getting there would have meant Jon Moss giving him his second yellow. :p

Yep. Been critical of PEH in recent weeks... tonight he was very good though and had a big influence on the result.

Not just with his general performance but in the dying moments he really nailed it. Fantastic chipped ball for Doherty. Then at the death he showed composure to stay on his feet & great anticipation to intercept the ball from the Leicester player - before sliding it through the lines to progress our attack.

I don't think in the end he will be a first 11 player for me based on where we want to go, but he's a good, solid player. Great match tonight!

Back