• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Thought he had a very good game after a couple of games when he has looked off the pace( no surprise really has he has been run into the ground). Very good signing and i look forward to watching him next season with a more settled M/F.

He has to be the one we build our CM around next season, i know our defence has looked poor this season but a lot of that is down to the lack of cover on a lot of occasions from our CM. He is a shoe in for me and we need to build around him for the other players to fit into CM.

He has to be the one we build our CM around next season, i know our defence has looked poor this season but a lot of that is down to the lack of cover on a lot of occasions from our CM. He is a shoe in for me and we need to build around him for the other players to fit into CM.
I think the centre of our defence looks poor because it is poor. Eric Dier's positional play as a centre back is more often than not laughably bad. I think I'm right in saying you've also done your coaching badges right?.... You must often watch his play and shudder.

I agree with you that we need a partner for Hojbjerg and think that is priority number 4 for our squad after the Harry Kane replacement, centre back 1 and centre back 2

I think the centre of our defence looks poor because it is poor. Eric Dier's positional play as a centre back is more often than not laughably bad. I think I'm right in saying you've also done your coaching badges right?.... You must often watch his play and shudder.

I agree with you that we need a partner for Hojbjerg and think that is priority number 4 for our squad after the Harry Kane replacement, centre back 1 and centre back 2

Yes i have and that has been my work for many years, i am not defending any of our CB,s in the slightest but our CM has been wide open ( not since the real bad days of Mason and Bentaleb have we been so less protected) i am not one for stats because they can and are used by many to push their agendas but i am sure our goals against column is better then a lot of teams. We need to overall our defence for sure but our CM needs a lot of work as well.

Yes i have and that has been my work for many years, i am not defending any of our CB,s in the slightest but our CM has been wide open ( not since the real bad days of Mason and Bentaleb have we been so less protected) i am not one for stats because they can and are used by many to push their agendas but i am sure our goals against column is better then a lot of teams. We need to overall our defence for sure but our CM needs a lot of work as well.
CM needs a single, suitable player to partner Hojbjerg. A player who actually knows how to position themselves when we're out of possession but who is also brave on the ball. Ndombele is a player with bags of natural talent but he looks to me like he has barely been coached. He could become a brilliant number 8 but dear lord it will take a lot of time on the training pitch. There isn't a single other player at the club right now IMO who is a capable partner (either now or with coaching) for Hojbjerg.

CM needs a single, suitable player to partner Hojbjerg. A player who actually knows how to position themselves when we're out of possession but who is also brave on the ball. Ndombele is a player with bags of natural talent but he looks to me like he has barely been coached. He could become a brilliant number 8 but dear lord it will take a lot of time on the training pitch. There isn't a single other player at the club right now IMO who is a capable partner (either now or with coaching) for Hojbjerg.

I agree with pretty much all of that, as i have said elsewhere i think Lo Celso ( if he can stay fit) will be a important CM player for us as he has talent but he is also a worker, Tanguy as you say has the natural talent but not sure about his work ethic and unless that changes i do not see him becoming a regular. We look back at players like Modric, Eriken and other players of that ilk and as well as being able to win games on their skill worked their socks off and i am not sure Tanguy will ever be able to do that.

He's faded in the last bunch of matches but that is hardly surprising considering the above stat. He needs someone better beside him to share the workload.

Yeah, he's dipped a bit along with the team, but he was also carrying most of the time for a long period of time!

Yeah, he's dipped a bit along with the team, but he was also carrying most of the time for a long period of time!

We played so many games over the season so it's completely understandable that he looked shot towards the end of the season.

He's faded in the last bunch of matches but that is hardly surprising considering the above stat. He needs someone better beside him to share the workload.

We have run him into the ground, he needs a similar type of player to share the workload imo. I know we slagg the back four a lot ( not saying s ome of it is not deserved) but our CM is missing on a lot of occasions and leaves the back four over run.

Back