• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

For what it's worth, danish TV-pundit and "expert" is underwhelmed by this signing, to say the least. He says a club like Tottenham, who wants to fight for CL, needs better players than Højbjerg, and he also says that he does not belive he will have any significant impact.

That said, he said almost exactly the same about Eriksen....
He's the new Freund.

Where’s the official thread!!!!

Massive fail, the transfer gods are not going to like this, I foresee the axis of ineptitude that is rose, aurier and sisssoko staying forever now as punishment

Have enjoyed watching Ralph's Southampton and, Hojbjerg has been good in most games he's played. He's had a few bad games too but that can happen....

I see him a Wanyama like player..

Exactly what we needed and I am extremely pleased to see Mourinho immediately address the chasm we had in our team and the chairman backing him with his first choice. It was so obvious in games last season that we had a gaping hole in deep midfield that our opponents could just wander into, unmarked, to receive the ball.

Later in the season I think Mourinho played the low block with two very deep midfielders to help make up for that gaping hole but this sacrificed some of our attacking threat. Now we should be able defend the centre properly while still having enough players to join attacks. This is just what our team needed.

@Bedfordspurs - I hate to say I told you so about Mourinho addressing DM first as the position in most need of sorting.... but... ;)

Exactly what we needed and I am extremely pleased to see Mourinho immediately address the chasm we had in our team and the chairman backing him with his first choice. It was so obvious in games last season that we had a gaping hole in deep midfield that our opponents could just wander into, unmarked, to receive the ball.

Later in the season I think Mourinho played the low block with two very deep midfielders to help make up for that gaping hole but this sacrificed some of our attacking threat. Now we should be able defend the centre properly while still having enough players to join attacks. This is just what our team needed.

@Bedfordspurs - I hate to say I told you so about Mourinho addressing DM first as the position in most need of sorting.... but... ;)

yeah I think it’s because we can’t shift that brick that is Aurier
And of course we need to see if this guy can actually step up first
And if we don’t get rid of Aurier and dont sign a RB the pressure in this man to do the job of two men is huge

yeah I think it’s because we can’t shift that brick that is Aurier
And of course we need to see if this guy can actually step up first
And if we don’t get rid of Aurier and dont sign a RB the pressure in this man to do the job of two men is huge
Well you would think that wouldn’t you because of what the alternative is.... ;)

Well you would think that wouldn’t you because of what the alternative is.... ;)
The alternative is more of the same
Teams attack our right hand side and Aurier shows of his weaknesses and we get raped down that side ahils5 he is smoking a cigar with their centre backs

Well he does
He can why he wants a right back
I’m sure we’ll try to improve in the right back area (and perhaps left back as well). But having a player in the centre of midfield who actually knows when to sit, when to press, which runs to track and which players to cover and which positions to take up makes it immediately much harder for the opposition. Watching Winks play that position made horrific viewing. We’ll now be far more solid in defence and be able to commit better to the attack IMO.

I’m sure we’ll try to improve in the right back area (and perhaps left back as well). But having a player in the centre of midfield who actually knows when to sit, when to press, which runs to track and which players to cover and which positions to take up makes it immediately much harder for the opposition. Watching Winks play that position made horrific viewing. We’ll now be far more solid in defence and be able to commit better to the attack IMO.

let’s see
If we buy a right back who can do the basics well we have chance. If we buy one that can actually pass and defend the improvement would be massive
As I’ve said before fix the areas we get mullered in and you instantly become better. For me that’s been wise all seasons and was the same before. It’s happened ever since we downgraded the full backs not the CM.
Now at least we have a guy who has a set midfield role rather than players trying to do multiple roles. That has to be bring a better balance to the side

I can't say this guy really caught my eye too much, but maybe that's his MO. The grease in the machine. His maturity shines through in the interview so mentally I think he is exactly what Mourinho is after. Anyway he has my full support until he doesn't . Welcome Mr. Højbjerg.

let’s see
If we buy a right back who can do the basics well we have chance. If we buy one that can actually pass and defend the improvement would be massive
As I’ve said before fix the areas we get mullered in and you instantly become better. For me that’s been wise all seasons and was the same before. It’s happened ever since we downgraded the full backs not the CM.
Now at least we have a guy who has a set midfield role rather than players trying to do multiple roles. That has to be bring a better balance to the side
Yes it would have been interesting to see how our makeshift midfield would have performed with Rose and Walker as FBs.?

Yes it would have been interesting to see how our makeshift midfield would have performed with Rose and Walker as FBs.?
With their pace and power we would have (imo) been fine
Their attacking prowess scared teams and they both and pace to recover
Liverpool’s full backs aren’t brilliant defensively (their good enough mind and they do track back) and they don’t play with a DM, rather the CM just block that area as a group and it works because their full backs push on and add to that attack

Do we reckon this was opportunistic and lucky rather than some sort of mew coordinated and sensible approach to transfers?
Always difficult to judge from the outside.

I think being opportunistic and lucky can definitely be a part of a coordinated and sensible approach.

Where I imagine Mourinho might influence our approach is in getting the fix for an issue in even if it's not the perfect signing. Perhaps Hojbjerg was seen as the perfect signing though, who knows.

Always difficult to judge from the outside.

I think being opportunistic and lucky can definitely be a part of a coordinated and sensible approach.

Where I imagine Mourinho might influence our approach is in getting the fix for an issue in even if it's not the perfect signing. Perhaps Hojbjerg was seen as the perfect signing though, who knows.
It’s sensible
Fill the gap and balance the squad/team

Back