• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

The Spurs defensive unit is a bit of a buggers-muddle, mainly relying on numbers and little individual defensive prowess.

Harsh. Watch Dier today. Brilliant. Really brilliant - his best display for as long as I can remember and he's been excellent most of the time since the first lockdown. Watch Reguilon's positioning as they got a ball across the box right at the end. Excellent. It's not just about numbers.

Harsh. Watch Dier today. Brilliant. Really brilliant - his best display for as long as I can remember and he's been excellent most of the time since the first lockdown. Watch Reguilon's positioning as they got a ball across the box right at the end. Excellent. It's not just about numbers.

Exactly. The defensive unit today gave us the opportunity to snatch the win. Priceless clean sheet.

We were playing WBA remember?

Yeah they aren’t great and haven’t exactly been scoring for fun this season but they did score 3 v Chelsea and 2 v Everton. You still need to defend well and be strong which our lads did and were. Defensively, I was very happy with us.
Apart from Moura’s suicidal Winks impression in injury time. Jesus wept, nearly threw something at my new telly when he did that!

He doesn't engage his brain, does he? It's all instinct and manic intuition.

There was one where he dribbled right back into the middle of the pitch and lost it. Firstly, don’t dribble unless you’ve complete control of the ball which he didn’t have. Secondly, if you’re going to do it, go towards the touch line.

Yeah they aren’t great and haven’t exactly been scoring for fun this season but they did score 3 v Chelsea and 2 v Everton. You still need to defend well and be strong which our lads did and were. Defensively, I was very happy with us.

We are very defensive now. I don’t like this, I prefer more of a balance favouring the offensive side of the game.
Mourinho is a defensively minded coach sadly. He imho, is overreacting to the West Ham result.

We are very defensive now. I don’t like this, I prefer more of a balance favouring the offensive side of the game.
Mourinho is a defensively minded coach sadly. He imho, is overreacting to the West Ham result.
We’re really not
We have had a lot of games in short succession and have created the better chances
That’s a basic for teams
Don’t forget teams are defending better now as a whole (all teams) now their actually beat to match fit

Second highest number of goals scored so far this season. We've had a somewhat easy run, but still.

We're still quite fast from fully settled. Reguilon, Doherty, Hojbjerg and Bale all new signings starting today. Ndombele imo very much like a new signing.

I believe we can get much better, and we as fans should try that thing or withholding judgement for a bit. I've heard good things about that.

I'm with you, it's the same as last season, sacrificing our attacking play to be defensively solid.
To some extent, yes.

Only really in terms of one player (Sissoko) in terms of player selection.

We're very good attacking on the break, we're very good when we find space in behind. When those aren't possible we struggle quite a bit more. Need to keep developing our play, but developing that attacking play against well organised hard working teams is one of the hardest things in football. It will take time if it happens. The potential is there. More to come from quite a lot of our players and we're yet to see Ndombele and Lo Celso together for any meaningful time at least.

Our goals scored number is heavily skewed by two high scoring games tbf
That’s normal though
Very few teams batter everyone every game
And right now 9 points and 2 clean sheets from 3 is pretty good going
Especially as we are the team in those games creating the better chances

Back