• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

clubs don’t tend to announce the fees anymore

That's partially true. This story originates in the Sun and goes against multiple sources saying it was done a day or two ago. It looks like it's done and will be interesting to see the details. It doesn't feel very Levy, upping a bid.

That's partially true. This story originates in the Sun and goes against multiple sources saying it was done a day or two ago. It looks like it's done and will be interesting to see the details. It doesn't feel very Levy, upping a bid.
Depends if he is backing his manager

Depends if he is backing his manager

Not necessarily. This is all very speculative and depends on whether the widespread reports of it being done a few days ago are true or not. This latest story coming from the Sun suggests we shouldn't put too much weight on it at this point.

Not necessarily. This is all very speculative and depends on whether the widespread reports of it being done a few days ago are true or not. This latest story coming from the Sun suggests we shouldn't put too much weight on it at this point.
I haven’t read it in the sun
I saw it quoted from a reporter on radio Solent

Could be a wide range of add ons anyway. Knowing Levy we'll never know the true fee

Dan Kilpatrick is saying that while the final fee figures aren't totally clear, there's a difference still of £3 million between the deals for PEH and KWP.
And that's probably the most important thing.

We might actually have made a signing before pre-season! Hallelujah!

He's a mid-table clogger, but you know what? He's *our* mid-table clogger. :p

Jokes aside, I don't think this is an earth-shaking signing - he's a limited player, and I don't think anyone would dispute that, even himself. But sometimes that's all we need - and, if he can curb his attacking instincts, he could be a decent defensive midfielder, and thus a fix for a position we're desperately short in. Also, by all accounts, his mentality is excellent, and he's a leader and organizer - if nothing else, those attributes are ones we badly need.

Good start to the window. Now, on to the right-back position - if we can also get that sorted before pre-season starts, then we can relax a bit for the CB and backup ST we also need. We can also consider offloading players (Foyth, Rose, Sissoko, possibly Ndombele, etc.) then if we want to recoup the expenditure.

He played with Pep at Munich, you don't do that if you don't have some quality
I'm pleased we have him now, if anything it will mean the end of Winks/Sissoko

He played with Pep at Munich, you don't do that if you don't have some quality
I'm pleased we have him now, if anything it will mean the end of Winks/Sissoko
Hopefully the winning mentality he brings having lifted the German Cup proves more infectious than that the Ajax lads brought...

upload_2020-8-7_8-14-40.jpeg

No I asked a question as you said he was talked off by Pep as Busquets esque and he sold him
Thought it was a valid, simple question
As I’ve said I hope he steps up for us. I’ve not seen anything great in him it doesn’t even him a poor player. He will be playing with better players here, he is more experienced and has better coaches too so he could become quality

Guardiola also played him in the German cup final when he was 18 and won. I think if you know the answer of a question that you ask it makes it invalid if anything, not trying to call you out but at the end of the day you elected to zone in on a negative. Fair enough if the signing doesn't give you the horn, it's not my job to try to convince anyone otherwise and we all rate players differently.

As you say at this time in his career with the right coaching staff he could reach another level but the main thing isn't to judge him on not being Zidane, it'll be steady 7/7.5 out of 10 performances every week that'll help form something that represents a well shaped football team.

Looks like it'll be announced post weekend given that every sauce is in accordance. What other rumours can we stir up in the meantime to enable further procrastination??

Back