• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

The two I know are exactly the same
Ok player, gives the ball away too often and can’t pass forward very well
But we should give him a chance and fresh eyes
He will be playing with better players and a better manager which can only help
It’s very different passing to a Harry Kane rather than a Shane Long

Comforting last two sentences. I’ll deploy them on the Hampshire inbreds. Not that any of our midfielders seem to find passing to Harry all that easy.

Comforting last two sentences. I’ll deploy them on the Hampshire inbreds. Not that any of our midfielders seem to find passing to Harry all that easy.

ive made it clear on here my thoughts on him
But it’s an area of the pitch we need additions in, and money is tight
If he can do the basics it’s got to be better than no one
It’s such a low value deal too it just makes sense
And I do stand by the logic that better players, play better with better players

The two I know are exactly the same
Ok player, gives the ball away too often and can’t pass forward very well
But we should give him a chance and fresh eyes
He will be playing with better players and a better manager which can only help
It’s very different passing to a Harry Kane rather than a Shane Long

More pertinently, if he's recovering the ball and making simple short passes to Lo Celso, Bergwijn, NDombele, Son etc then he'll be less likely to lose it by trying to pass forward ambitiously if that's not his forte.

Also good to shut people up (not on here) that I've seen break out the moans already that SPurs are getting left behind in the transfer market and that they expect skinflint Levy to wait till the end of the window before doing anything.

Neither do I. He's not world class, but it's a massive upgrade in a much needed position. You can get a world class TEAM, without world class players in every position

Definitely and Jose doesn't usually have the best players in terms of highlight players e.g. the City squad but he usually builds a team that functions well together and can perform their roles.

ive made it clear on here my thoughts on him
But it’s an area of the pitch we need additions in, and money is tight
If he can do the basics it’s got to be better than no one
It’s such a low value deal too it just makes sense
And I do stand by the logic that better players, play better with better players

Yes I know it's a youtube comp and all but
shows that he definitely has a strong passing range available to him, it'll just depend how we want to work it in the midfield. He plays with his head up, whilst there may not have been a direct quote it was reported that Pep saw him as Bayern's Busquets so you've got to see he is a proper footballer..

Personally I'll be really happy with this deal, I'd be happy with PEH partnered with any out of Sissoko / Winks / GLC if we were going with a pairing. In addition I reckon N'dombele wouldn't look so out of place in a midfield three if Hojbjerg was there doing the dirty work alongside wnks for example.

I like KWP and strongly think he could go on to be a big success and love seeing players who have come through the academy playing for us but transfer business wise, him + 3m to plug a massive hole in our squad is a no brainer.

Yes I know it's a youtube comp and all but
shows that he definitely has a strong passing range available to him, it'll just depend how we want to work it in the midfield. He plays with his head up, whilst there may not have been a direct quote it was reported that Pep saw him as Bayern's Busquets so you've got to see he is a proper footballer..

Personally I'll be really happy with this deal, I'd be happy with PEH partnered with any out of Sissoko / Winks / GLC if we were going with a pairing. In addition I reckon N'dombele wouldn't look so out of place in a midfield three if Hojbjerg was there doing the dirty work alongside wnks for example.

I like KWP and strongly think he could go on to be a big success and love seeing players who have come through the academy playing for us but transfer business wise, him + 3m to plug a massive hole in our squad is a no brainer.
Didn’t Pep sell him from Bayern?

Didn’t Pep sell him from Bayern?

Yeah I didn't say things worked out for him at the club, it's quite common for players young and old at the best clubs in the world. If locking on to that one detail is all you want / choose to take from my post then so be it!

Yeah I didn't say things worked out for him at the club, it's quite common for players young and old at the best clubs in the world. If locking on to that one detail is all you want / choose to take from my post then so be it!
No I asked a question as you said he was talked off by Pep as Busquets esque and he sold him
Thought it was a valid, simple question
As I’ve said I hope he steps up for us. I’ve not seen anything great in him it doesn’t even him a poor player. He will be playing with better players here, he is more experienced and has better coaches too so he could become quality

Fairs, fair, so did half this board a week ago. I remember being told that Southampton held all the cards.

Yep
I thought they would grow a pair but clearly their happy with KWP as part of the deal
I still think our view was he ain’t on the league of Eriksen and look what we got for him with a similar ish contract position
It suits them now and it suits us
A £3m outlay is nothing and with anything else being performance related that can only be a good thing

Fairs, fair, so did half this board a week ago. I remember being told that Southampton held all the cards.
I think I was pretty clear in the transfer thread on this, that I felt we held all the cards and simply had to bide our time - the longer it went on, the more that played into our hands.
Despite the Everton bluff, that was irrelevant as long as the player said Spurs or nothing. And the contract situation being 11 months to go, meant Levy was never ever going to pay a premium for something he could have for free.

I did say though that half the board and social media were baying for us to pay £30m or whatever, then moment the Everton link was reported. Which was hilarious.

Back