1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Pierluigi Gollini

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Daisuk, 24 Jul 2021.

1. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

A bit of a strange performance last night. Dier gave him a very wide backpass onto his left foot (as Lloris prefers) and he wasn't comfortable kicking it, so ended up trying a skill and dragging it off the pitch... poor.
    Then someone gave him a VERY wide backpass and he failed to deal with it, touching it out of play.
    Vocal which is good to see and hear.
    Some good handling and catches on a fairly easy night.

2. braineclipse

braineclipse Jimmy Cantrell

Getting a back pass very wide to your weaker foot as a goalie has to start you thinking of your teammates are messing with you or just incompetent. I guess it happens when Dier has played with Lloris for ages.

Either way he seems to have a bit of the Gomes about him, random strange decisions and errors scattered in.

Otherwise he looks alright, but not much more than that either.

3. Raziel

Raziel Les Ferdinand

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, he's young, last night is exactly the type of game keepers (all but the best) struggle with, so little to do for so long you naturally get concentration lapses.

4. braineclipse

Definitely. Just some early impressions on my part, will leave the conclusion jumping until at least November.

5. Raziel

Raziel Les Ferdinand

What kind of fan are you? shouldn't take more than 90 minutes to jump to conclusion /jk (if needed)

6. braineclipse

I don't even have a twitter account. brick fudging excuse for a fan is the kind of fan I am obviously.

Raziel likes this.
  7. Badger

Badger Kevin Scott

Can understand why Atalanta were so happy to send him out on a two year loan. Does not inspire me one bit. First goal was late in the dive, second goal where do I start.... ball with no real pace shot towards his body but instead of catching tries to punch but because he's punching from the area chest only manages to push into the attacker's feet. And it wasn't a one off... did the same thing first half only for the Rennes player to head over with an empty net beckoning. And before the knee jerk comments come in, was also at fault for the Paco goal.

Where is that contract extension for Hugo???

metalgear and Kandi1977 like this.
  8. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Barry Daines

Thought that the 2nd goal was horrible goalkeeping. The first is possible to save. Hugo would, but it's not an easy save. Think Gazzaniga is a better GK than Gollini.

metalgear and djp82 like this.
  9. AdamB

AdamB Gary Stevens

I think it was a mistake, but I dont think you can jump to conclusions based on one save (or spill!)

10. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc John Lacy

Yeah reminds me of those other brick keepers we had Clemence and Thorstvedt. I agree he could have done better on both goals but to write off his Spurs career on this display is just not right. I despair of people today, what about that waste of space Scarlett, missed an open goal and created nothing, get rid!!!!!

11. metalgear

metalgear Paul Walsh

12. Legohamster

Legohamster Chris Perry

Gazzaniga is woeful - I’m not saying Gollini is the answer - but he better than Gazza

Finney Is Back, AdamB and Dicko like this.
  13. MKSpur

MKSpur Jimmy Neighbour

I always thought Gazza was ok, but never a threat to the #1 position. Rating heightened by the signing of Hart! He’s a career number 2 basically.

Gollini was an established first choice for a CL club, it’s hard to believe he hasn’t come here with the intention of taking over from Hugo. Although I only discovered today that he was at Villa in the Championship and they loaned and then sold him to Atalanta!

14. Legohamster

Legohamster Chris Perry

It seemed any shot from distance that wasn’t in the centre and he was in trouble.

he seemed to have two modes - run out like a headless chicken or stay rooted to his line

Some Fulham fans are calling for him to be dropped

15. RunTMC

RunTMC Nico Claesen

He's also in the Italian squad. And this is a squad that's 36 games unbeaten, so it's not like they're going through a barren spell. He must be somewhat rated i guess, and at 26 he's young for a keeper plenty of scope to improve

metalgear and MKSpur like this.
  16. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc John Lacy

No the experts on here can see in 2 or 3 minutes if a player is fantastic or absolute brick.

17. parklane1

parklane1 Willie Hall

Can not understand how those like me fans are questioning him, he is young for a keeper and will get better as he gets older.

18. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

"Always"?!
    [​IMG]

19. Jordinho

Jordinho Taffy O'Callaghan Staff Member

Seems like a natural reaction when you have Alonso running towards you.

metalgear, spurrrr, Kandi1977 and 4 others like this.
  20. MKSpur

MKSpur Jimmy Neighbour

I did, up until he had that run of games and made that decision!

When he stepped in for the odd game I don’t remember any glaring errors and felt he made less mistakes than Hugo, but with hindsight that was due to the small sample size and possibly the less pressure / involvement in the odd game he was called for (Didn’t he get a motm v Soton?)

I certainly wouldn’t have picked Hart ahead of him and we were very lucky that last season was the first one Hugo played every league game for us!!