• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Petr Cech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham want to sign Petr Cech as a replacement for Hugo Lloris.

Spurs are resigned to losing their French keeper this summer with Barcelona, Paris St Germain and Roma all keen to hand Lloris the Champions League football he craves.

And with Thibaut Courtois almost certain to return to Chelsea this summer as first-choice keeper, Cech is likely to be on his way, after an outstanding decade at Stamford Bridge.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will demand around £30million for Lloris, widely regarded as one of the world’s top keepers, which will allow him to go in for Cech, who still has two years left on his Chelsea deal.

Cech, 32, is settled in London and keen to stay in the Premier League, so a move to Spurs could appeal – especially if Spurs signal their ambitions for a bid to reach the top four by recruiting Cech’s former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti.

Spurs were waiting on the outcome of last night’s Champions League Final between Ancelotti’s Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid before they take the plunge on approaching a potential successor to the sacked Tim Sherwood.

But whoever is in charge at Spurs – Southampton’s Mauricio Pochettino is still the most likely candidate – the north London club are resigned to losing Lloris. The France captain’s destination is unlikely to be decided until after the World Cup, by which time Belgian youngster Courtois’s return to Chelsea, after three years on loan at Atletico, is expected to have been confirmed.

Neither Cech nor Courtois will be satisfied with a place on the Chelsea bench next season and Jose Mourinho is believed to want the Belgian as his No.1.

Czech Republic keeper Cech joined Chelsea along with Mourinho in 2004 and has made 470 appearances.

He is certain to attract interest from many leading European clubs but would prefer to stay in London – even if a move to rivals Spurs would not go down well with Chelsea fans.

Spurs are also considering Cardiff’s David Marshall as a possible replacement for Lloris if they cannot persuade Cech to join them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-target-chelseas-petr-cech-3602305

I read today Cech is no 1 for the coming season with Courtois being no 1 the following season. Anyway, I don't see this happening regardless of whether Lloris leaves or not....

I was in the Czech Rep last week and friends over there were telling me that their media have been reporting that Cech will be second choice at Chelsea next season. It could be collective paranoia though

I was in the Czech Rep last week and friends over there were telling me that their media have been reporting that Cech will be second choice at Chelsea next season. It could be collective paranoia though

stag do? you old dog you;)

Joking aside I have heard the beer is quite nice over there but getting more expensive.

stag do? you old dog you;)

Joking aside I have heard the beer is quite nice over there but getting more expensive.

My girlfriend is Czech, so I spend quite a lot of time over there.

The beer is fantastic and still cheap. A Pilsner Urquell will set you back only a little over £1, Kozel or similar less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back