1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Permanently baffled by the 21st century

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Gazza Dazzla, 3 Sep 2016.

1. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

I know people who quit smoking and started vaping, and they did so with a religious passion. The fanaticism connected to vaping is quite astonishing. Talk down vaping, even just ask critical questions, and they treat it like an existential threat to their way of life.

I don't mind them inhaling their brick, just stop being so bloody fundamentalistic about it.

2. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

Amen brother. Darwinism at its finest.
    Sucking in massive clouds of SUPER flavoured particles of 'something', deep into your lungs, over and over and over. Sheesh.

3. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Ronnie Rosenthal

Well done mate, as a heavy ex smoker who stopped 6 years ago I can appreciate what it takes to quit and I can’t understand the fascination with vaping either.

4. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

My son brought a T shirt with new york fire department on it.

The wife had a go at me for questioning him why he wants people to think he is in the new york fire department. He clearly isn't he is 15.

I asked him if he wants to be a fireman which I would have no problem with.

Shouts at me that he is an artist. He likes drawing to be fair. But lacks the discipline to be a designer. No idea what to do with the little brick.

Craig_J likes this.
  5. Dicko

Dicko Jonathan Woodgate

I dont get those shirts either... strange.

I thought he was gonna be the next Andy Murray!?

6. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

You don't need discipline to be a designer. You just need the confidence to sell your own bricky ideas to people who don't have the capacity to come up with their own.

Craig_J likes this.
  7. Danishfurniturelover

Was ranked 4th in Sussex at under 14. I never pushed him and he seems to have gone away from it. I dont mind that. Just seems like he can't decide what to do.

8. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Hell mate i am retirement age and i still do not know what i want to do, he is a kid and will try many things before he gets where he wants to be. :)

9. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Mitchell Thomas

What number is ‘start an Instagram account’ on your bucket list?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

10. Danishfurniturelover

That I don't mind. But he has to put more effort in. School comes easy to him so he foes not try and he could and i am not saying it because he is my son. He could be a doctor, bright kid.

I seen it with friends with older children. They don't put the work in. Has all the brains.popular kid likes his tennis but pretty much gave it up to do drawing.

Thank the Lord he has a girlfriend, him being gay would not have mattered but I was worried he would be introverted and not be anything because he can be quite at times.

Craig_J likes this.
  11. yiddo37

yiddo37 Goran Bunjevcevic

Back to the vaping, totally agree with what's been said. Mate of mine has a son who vapes. Funny thing is he's never ever smoked he just felt he should vape as his mates who were trying to give up smoking had taken to vaping and he didn't want to be the odd one out! :rolleyes:

12. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

I would run out of numbers before i got that desperate. :)

13. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

He will find his place in time mate, as long as he's happy that is the main thing. I was the same at school and could not be bothered with most lessons, thankfully i was good at sport and was able to spend most of my school days playing for the Football/cricket teams.

14. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Paul Robinson

Maybe more 20th century than 21st - (and maybe more for a things that annoy you thread if we had one) but why is it not possible in this day and age to have a hotel air con remote control that you can actually understand and operate?
    I don’t need 10 buttons, just on/off and temperature. Does anyone actually use all the options? And why are no two ever the same?

15. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

Most of the options don't work or have been deactivated for the 'safety' of the guests. The remotes are generic and used for many different AC units and even lighting and fans.
    Once set our AC on a timer by error and froze at 3am......nearly dialled 911 but the Mrs talked me down...

16. Glenda's Legs

They’re not generic, that’s half the problem. If they were, even my feeble brain would have a chance of working them out.

StephenH likes this.
  17. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Their generally placebo controls... they make you think you have control but you don’t. Most hotels AC is fed from roof top Air Handling Units and they dint have that amount of variability in them to tailor it to each room

If your lucky and have proper control you would have a box outside your wall with a condenser on it. You would know about it I can assure you

StephenH likes this.
  18. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Sergei Rebrov

Some hotels now you can’t even turn it off.

19. Glenda's Legs

Ha ha - Mr GL certainly knew about it when he chucked muddy trainers out on the balcony at our first hotel - next morning they were soaked through He’d put them under the dripping pipe of the air con unit. Not happy.

Thanks all - I was just having a rant.

StephenH and Bedfordspurs like this.
  20. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

In these modern times I feel I've lived too long, today confirmed that as I watched an advert for Tampax which showed me how to use the product. Got to sign off now as I have to weigh and photograph my stools from yesterday to put on Facebook and instagram