• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pawson is a clam

Completely agree. Son was wound up a bit but he didn’t exactly get hit with a Mike Tyson right hook. What he did was beyond stupid.
Easy to say but Lermer had previously body checked him then punched and trod on his foot. Lermer then went down like he had been shot. All let go by the ref. We know Son doesn't normally behave like that.

Last edited:
Easy to say but Lermer had previously body checked him then punched and trod on his hand. Lermer then went down like he had been shot. All let go by the ref. We know Son doesn't normally behave like that.

...but he'll now be targeted, just like Dele was after he started diving a year or two ago

I don’t understand how he couldn’t see that.

Literally judo wrestled him to the ground.

Alli is a brilliant tactician, he knows many of the dark arts.
He jostled with the defender and got held... at which point Alli traps the defender's arm and rolls and falls and flails which looks a lot like Alli was pulled to the ground, but Alli was holding the defender and dragging him down.

It was great acting from Alli, but he engineered that tussle.

I just wish that each of our 9 players had spent a minute sitting down and getting treatment for an injury/cramp, and then we would have a point.

Alli is a brilliant tactician, he knows many of the dark arts.
He jostled with the defender and got held... at which point Alli traps the defender's arm and rolls and falls and flails which looks a lot like Alli was pulled to the ground, but Alli was holding the defender and dragging him down.

It was great acting from Alli, but he engineered that tussle.

I just wish that each of our 9 players had spent a minute sitting down and getting treatment for an injury/cramp, and then we would have a point.
Agreed I think. Alli knew what he was doing.

You do see yellows for both those incidents at times but can't really argue with them, if that was against us we'd be screaming murder on here. The probably with refereeing is that decisions aren't made consistently e.g. the push, sometimes they would step back after it rather than fall over and if Lerna did that then it definitely wouldn't have been red.

I don't know how he missed the rugby tackle on Alli though, VAR would award that next season.

His studs were knee high and going towards the other guy's knee....I don't there's anyway it can be disputed

"going towards" does not equal red...does it? That the studs didn't connect with his knee, means it was one of those that isn't that bad - imo. Yes it was a red, but you've seen them go either way. Clumsey, stupid not malicious. It looked worse than it was and the Bournmouth player of course milked it.

"going towards" does not equal red...does it? That the studs didn't connect with his knee, means it was one of those that isn't that bad - imo. Yes it was a red, but you've seen them go either way. Clumsey, stupid not malicious. It looked worse than it was and the Bournmouth player of course milked it.

Not sure - if an opposition player had done the same against us we'd of all been having fits if he wasnt given a red card. I think Foyth was pretty clear - it was even more stupid given we were already down to 10 men and it was 10 yards inside the opposition half...it wasnt as if it was even a dangerous situation

Not sure - if an opposition player had done the same against us we'd of all been having fits if he wasnt given a red card. I think Foyth was pretty clear - it was even more stupid given we were already down to 10 men and it was 10 yards inside the opposition half...it wasnt as if it was even a dangerous situation

Makes you wonder what was said at half time.

Pawson's weak, but today is all on certain of our players. Hope they're very proud of themselves, because they've just lost us CL next season. Racing certainty.

Pawson's weak, but today is all on certain of our players. Hope they're very proud of themselves, because they've just lost us CL next season. Racing certainty.

Yeah his biggest mistakes today were in our favour (Dier second yellow and the pen). Can't really blame him.

Agree with MOTD pundits; two definite reds, Dier should have been off and Dele’s tussle in the box in injury time was 50/50.

I’m afraid this one is all on our own stupidity and I’m worried it’s going to really cost us.

Yeah his biggest mistakes today were in our favour (Dier second yellow and the pen). Can't really blame him.
Dier’s second yellow was not cut and dry. At first glance I thought he played the ball. You could see in real time why Pawson would think that too. Pawson’s biggest mistakes, imo was the penalty against Dier and allowing Lermer to go unpunished for an aggressive body check while booking our players for more minor blocks.

Or the one on Moura before that, or the handball that preceded that, or that two attempted stamps from their no 8 that lead to our players losing it twice (one ending in a red for Son).
This is it for me.
Can't complete about the reds.
But pawson was very naive and let lots of really bricky little things go.
If you do that, you then have to apply the same to the reactions. So Son should have got a yellow and final warning.
But I suspect Pawson is actually just too naive to understand the niggly stuff.

Lets forget our shortcomings for the moment as this thread is specifically about Craig Pawson....

Referees are largely judged on their ability to get Key Match Incidents (red cards,penalty calls correct). Objectively Pawson today;

Missed clear second yellow card for Dier
Missed clear penalty for Bournemouth and possible second (third!) caution for Dier
Got Son red wrong (in my opinion) - it was adopting an aggressive manner which should be a caution; it was never ‘violent conduct’.
Correct call to send off Foyth
Missed reasonable penalty for us in second half.

That’s at best 3 out 5 correct and at worst 1/5. Either way appealing for a FIFA listed referee.

He’ll get hammered for this and as previously mentioned he was culpable in Cardiff v Chelsea game last month - whilst that offside won’t count against him (it was assistants fudge up) he missed a clear red card from rudiger.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Dier’s second yellow was not cut and dry. At first glance I thought he played the ball. You could see in real time why Pawson would think that too. Pawson’s biggest mistakes, imo was the penalty against Dier and allowing Lermer to go unpunished for an aggressive body check while booking our players for more minor blocks.
Agree. The magnified slo-mo on Sky showed it was not 100% certain Dier missed the ball. The still showed that his boot was so close to the ball he might just have got a whisker on it.

Also the commentator remarked that from Pawson's angle he might also have seen the ball change speed / direction slightly as a result.

So more than enough doubt to say not a clear second booking.

Back