• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pav Contract Extention - Why is the Question ???

Yeah they are rubbish, half of them awful lot played a massive part in us finishing fourth,

I never really understood this argument.

That event took place over 2 years ago - most of those players Danish listed are now older and by and large - bricker. Surely we cannot keep them on the basis of past merits and achivements. Teams evolve, players age, and need to be replaced. Natural cycle in sports and no place for sentiment, imv

Last edited:
I never really understood this argument.

That event took place over 2 years ago - most of those players Danish listed are now older and by and large - bricker. Surely we cannot keep them on the basis of past merits and achivements. Teams evolve, players age, and need to be replaced. Natural cycle in sports and no place for sentiment, imv

My Argument is that these players done a job, it is our failing that we never got more from them, If you look at Fergie he gets acceptable perfomances from "average" players for a few years then moves them on, some of the players Danish listed Gomes, Bassong etc are not to old, if they are good enough or not is a different matter, to improve on their standards you have to be either succesful or have bags of money we are neither, Redknap has bought older proven players unfortunately they have been injury prone, if these players were younger then they would not be playing for us, if Corluka and Bassong were still with us then we would still be top four, by and large our coaches have been brick they are the ones that should have been moved on.

One of our best matches in the last years was beating Chelsea 2-1 in 2010.Our front six consisted of Pav,Defoe,Bale,Modric,Hudd and Bentley.We absolutely ripped them to pieces and it could have been 6-1 easily and that was a much much better Chelsea team still competing for the title.
Many of those players never really received a chance to prove themselves again and we all know that Harry never rotates.They are probably not good enough to start for us right now,but they are certainly all good enough to be squad players.

My Argument is that these players done a job, it is our failing that we never got more from them, If you look at Fergie he gets acceptable perfomances from "average" players for a few years then moves them on, some of the players Danish listed Gomes, Bassong etc are not to old, if they are good enough or not is a different matter, to improve on their standards you have to be either succesful or have bags of money we are neither, Redknap has bought older proven players unfortunately they have been injury prone, if these players were younger then they would not be playing for us, if Corluka and Bassong were still with us then we would still be top four, by and large our coaches have been brick they are the ones that should have been moved on.

Sorry but that's outrageous

If Corluka was still here he wouldn't have even made the bench because Walker starts every game if available and rightly so.

Bassong would have had the odd run in between Kaboul injury but nothing more

To suggest two average squad players would have made all the difference to a zero-confidence side of no-heart bottle jobs is a tad naive

If Corluka was still here he wouldn't have even made the bench because Walker starts every game if available and rightly so.

To suggest two average squad players would have made all the difference to a zero-confidence side of no-heart bottle jobs is a tad naive

At the very least Corluka would have enabled Walker to have a rest ( I am not a big fan of Walker admittedly ) and Bassong would have provided cover for King being has he is left sided, Bassong is better than Nelsen, I still maintain our coaches are brick, run around a bit Harry and our total lack of imagination from corners and dead ball situations have cost us dearly.

Last edited:

Agree. If Redknapp had been sacked/resigned after refusing to deny the England rumours we would still be third.

Agree. If Redknapp had been sacked/resigned after refusing to deny the England rumours we would still be third.

The only reason he didn't was most likely the promise of a performance bonus from Levy based on CL qualification. Can't have it both ways, pal. Levy should have acted and taken one for the team. His compensation package would be nothing compared to potential CL revenue alone.

We should have booted him there and then as soon as his little agenda became transparent. Bring in Hiddink, AVB, or anyone else available - someone who'd be focused on the club and club only, not his little personal CV. We were snaked and cuckolded. And as soon as the players found out - fudge all hope left hence our points return

Unlikely. If the mentality of our players is so weak that this would be the case, then I doubt it would be strong enough to finish 3rd.

A strong manager would have raised that mentality and helped steer pressure away from the club and focus on the league not his own little personal agenda

Why don't you for once accept that the fudging mess we are in - he is largerly repsonsible for along with the England rubbish instead of always painting him as some kind of a misunderstood victim saint.

Last edited:
A strong manager would have raised that mentality and helped steer pressure away from the club and focus on the league no this personal agenda

Winning teams don't need it raised. It's the players in the dressing room that make the difference, not the Manager. For example, as excellent as Bill Nick (and Blanchflower) were apparently the real kick start happened when McKay joined. McKay got the whole team buzzing.

Winning teams don't need it raised. It's the players in the dressing room that make the difference, not the Manager. For example, as excellent as Bill Nick (and Blanchflower) were apparently the real kick start happened when McKay joined. McKay got the whole team buzzing.

You are crazy

One of our best matches in the last years was beating Chelsea 2-1 in 2010.Our front six consisted of Pav,Defoe,Bale,Modric,Hudd and Bentley.We absolutely ripped them to pieces and it could have been 6-1 easily and that was a much much better Chelsea team still competing for the title.
Many of those players never really received a chance to prove themselves again and we all know that Harry never rotates.They are probably not good enough to start for us right now,but they are certainly all good enough to be squad players.

Yes, you have to get the best from what you have not dream about buying Ronaldo to replace Pav, I watch us and there are so many basic mistakes being made by our players that would not even be tolerated on a Sunday morning ( certainly not when I played anyway ), players not moving after making a pass for a return, not tracking back, fullbacks getting caught up field, there has been some brick coaching if any at all at our club, in most games tbh we look a mess, we have gone 3-0 down 4-0 down and the players have got us out of a hole, its impossible to do that every week, we have been sussed, teams let us have the ball pass it around in front of them and we choke, what do the management do, fudge all, same players making the same mistakes, they dont mix it up at all.

A strong manager would have raised that mentality and helped steer pressure away from the club and focus on the league not his own little personal agenda

Why don't you for once accept that the fudging mess we are in - he is largerly repsonsible for along with the England rubbish instead of always painting him as some kind of a misunderstood victim saint.

We are in a blip. I don't regard us as being in a mess. A mess is what Ramos left us in. Our recent form has been awful, but I do not believe in turning on a Manager after a period of 15/20 games after their preceeding two and a bit seasons were so good.

We are in a blip. I don't regard us as being in a mess. A mess is what Ramos left us in. Our recent form has been awful, but I do not believe in turning on a Manager after a period of 15/20 games after their preceeding two and a bit seasons were so good.

His first season was damage control - nothing spectacular. We were never going to be relegated with that squad.

His second season was his finest hour, granted

His third season was extremely disappointing from the position we were in PL-wise, especially after the January transfer window fudge-up. We failed to conoliidate our position in the Top 4 and missed a massive opportunity before City really pulled away. CL football masked all of that.

His fourth (and hopefully final) season is turning out to be one of the biggest collapses in Premier League history and one which can damage player/club mentality for a decade at least.

Blip is a 4-5 game winless streak. Three and a half month rellegation form is an unmitigated disaster. We are back to the exact same figures (and worse) of the time Ramos left. To try and paint that as 'ok' while in the process exonerating Arry from all blame is insanity.

Last edited:
His first season was damage control - nothing spectacular. We were never going to be relegated with that squad.

His second seaosn was his finest hour, granted

His third season was extremely disappointing from the position we were in PL-wise, expecially after the January transfer window fudge-up. We failed to conoliidate our position in the Top 4 and missed a massive opportunity before City really pulled away. CL football masked all of that.

His fourth (and hopefully final) season is turning out to be one of the biggest collapses in Premier League history and one which can damage player/club mentality for a decade at least.

Blip is a 4-5 game winless streak. Three and a half month rellegation form is an unmitigated disaster. We are back to the exact same figures (and worse) of the time Ramos left. To try and paint that as 'ok' while in the process exonerating Arry from all blame is insanity.

If you regard 5th as a disappointment, then all I can say is that I am not alone being crazy.....

Considering the position we were in throughout the season, resources available and overall squad quality - yes, it was very disappointing not to make 4th again and consolidate on our brief success.

Back