• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

The contact was made long after the ball had passed. If Sakho had got anything of the ball, you could perhaps argue it could have been a penalty, but it's never given. As it happened, it wasn't a penalty. NBCSN had ex referee Chris Foy as a co-commentator, and he also said no penalty.

As long as the ball is still in play, its location is irrelevant in context of there being a foul or otherwise.

Well considering all the bad talk about how crap he was when we bought him and also some of the things i heard some fans say before the game i thought he did well. I must admit i had never seen him play before so i had no idea what he was like.
Agree! He looked more competent than a lot of the 'keepers in the PL. Good distribution, some terrific saves, and looked confident when coming out to claim crosses, some of them very tricky with lots of players in the way, but he convincingly dealt with it. Not great when Zaha went round him, but I blame that on lack of games. At least he forced him out wide enough to make him miss.

As long as the ball is still in play, its location is irrelevant in context of there being a foul or otherwise.
All of it is irrelevant, as it wasn't a foul. None of the referees saw it as a foul, and neither did refs in various studios who looked at it afterwards.

All of it is irrelevant, as it wasn't a foul. None of the referees saw it as a foul, and neither did refs in various studios who looked at it afterwards.

Check the vid in the link above.

Smack on the nut and clattered him with his leg. It's s foul and a pen.

But you're right; it is irrelevant now and I'm glad it wasn't given.

Lad had a fun afternoon: two good low saves, one decent reaction save and a little walkabout on his debut. Kept us in it.

Check the vid in the link above.

Smack on the nut and clattered him with his leg. It's s foul and a pen.

But you're right; it is irrelevant now and I'm glad it wasn't given.

Lad had a fun afternoon: two good low saves, one decent reaction save and a little walkabout on his debut. Kept us in it.
Both players missed the ball and then colided with each other. Remember that a keeper using his hands is just as valid as an outfield player using his head so the fact that it was the keeper’s hand hitting the opponents head does not automatically make it a foul

Ok, so maybe there was more of a reason for bringing him in than him just being Poch's third son

I thought he did really well yesterday - a big improvement on Vorm. He looked big, quick around his box and commanding. Maybe lucky with the disallowed goal and didn't really react to the goal. But I really like how much he was catching ball rather than parrying them like Vorm has done so much recently

Ok, so maybe there was more of a reason for bringing him in than him just being Poch's third son

I thought he did really well yesterday - a big improvement on Vorm. He looked big, quick around his box and commanding. Maybe lucky with the disallowed goal and didn't really react to the goal. But I really like how much he was catching ball rather than parrying them like Vorm has done so much recently
Never really got the criticism of Gazzaniga. I don't see how we could realistically have a much better third choice goalkeeper without investing a lot more money.

I don't quite get the calls for signing younger backup goalkeeper either. If they're good enough they'll rightly want to play to get better, so I don't see how we get someone young and as good as Vorm or Gazzaniga to sit on the bench unless we just offer ridiculous wages.

If Gazzaniga is better than Vorm overall? Not so sure.

Massive difference to Vorm, the defence knew he would come for everything even if its a punch away so they could step further up, rather than not know what Vorm will do.

I am still not convinced by him, but I would have him ahead of Vorm.

Liverpools goals, Watford and last Inter goal dont happen with him in goal - in my view.

Massive difference to Vorm, the defence knew he would come for everything even if its a punch away so they could step further up, rather than not know what Vorm will do.

I am still not convinced by him, but I would have him ahead of Vorm.

Liverpools goals, Watford and last Inter goal dont happen with him in goal - in my view.

Only seen the highlights but he looked Vorm-esque for the disallowed goal

Never really got the criticism of Gazzaniga. I don't see how we could realistically have a much better third choice goalkeeper without investing a lot more money.

I don't quite get the calls for signing younger backup goalkeeper either. If they're good enough they'll rightly want to play to get better, so I don't see how we get someone young and as good as Vorm or Gazzaniga to sit on the bench unless we just offer ridiculous wages.

If Gazzaniga is better than Vorm overall? Not so sure.

I think the criticism was really that it's pointless using a non-HG squad place for a third keeper. And he looked a bit wobbly against Palace last season.

But I'd have no problems promoting him to #2 and then not replacing Vorm either in January or the summer, with Whiteman or someone else from the academy moving up to 3rd choice

He's much more like Lloris in style than Vorm, which I think is a big help for the defence

The big difference he was more agile and had a greater presence in the area.
Should be ahead of Vorm now.

He didn't have a lot to do yesterday, so it is difficult to judge but his handling was decent in difficult conditions. I'd be tempted to play him on Wednesday and see how he gets on.

I think the criticism was really that it's pointless using a non-HG squad place for a third keeper. And he looked a bit wobbly against Palace last season.

But I'd have no problems promoting him to #2 and then not replacing Vorm either in January or the summer, with Whiteman or someone else from the academy moving up to 3rd choice

He's much more like Lloris in style than Vorm, which I think is a big help for the defence

I'd want to see him properly tested by a side getting shots in before making a call like that.

He didn't have a lot to do yesterday, so it is difficult to judge but his handling was decent in difficult conditions. I'd be tempted to play him on Wednesday and see how he gets on.

Vorm sadly looks like he is too slow now.
Gazzaniga is nailed on to play on Wednesday.

Vorm sadly looks like he is too slow now.
Gazzaniga is nailed on to play on Wednesday.

Vorm's certainly had a couple of poor games on the bounce. I think that it is impossible to know whether it is any more than this. Gazzaniga did ok yesterday but I don't think he was tested enough to make a proper assessment.

He didn’t seem to communicate much with the defence. Verts did a lot of the marshalling at set pieces. Maybe that’s an unfair comparison with Hugo, who has the advantages of seniority and captaincy, though.

Back