• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

Big day for the young man but he came through with flying colours. That will do his confidence the world of good.

Made 2 or 3 very good saves today, though also a couple shockers which could have cost us. I don't rate Vorm particularly either though so it feels like we have a huge step down from Lloris to his back-up - a much greater step down that between pretty much any of our starting 11 and their natural replacements. Not easy to convince a new GK to come in though given Lloris is established, but I think we should look to see if our newly established CL presence can help us attract an experienced GK from somewhere on a freebie/low fee due to a contract situation in the next window or two

Did well for a player with no match fitness. Can't ask much more from a third choice goalie.

Wonder if the plan is for him to replace Vorm as our second choice at some point.

Was decent enough, better than expected.

Some good reaction saves, some good distribution and looked confident with the ball at his feet.

The errors he did make were lack of game time type errors, on balance I was really impressed with him.
It's a tad harsh to say the three really good saves he made were 'decent'. He had a couple of brain farts but overall did well. There's a reason why he's third choice and the slap on Sakho and other shaky aspects demonstrate those reasons.

I don't fully understand how the early incident with Sakho was not a pen but not complaining, improved from then on in and was a big part in getting a crucial three points

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Gazzaniga didn't really do anything. He just spread himself in case Sakho connected with the ball. Gazzaniga was stationery, while it was Sakho who had forward momentum, and collided with him after the ball had passed both of them. Correct decision.

Gazzaniga didn't really do anything. He just spread himself in case Sakho connected with the ball. Gazzaniga was stationery, while it was Sakho who had forward momentum, and collided with him after the ball had passed both of them. Correct decision.

He rinsed him with leg to midriff and stray fist to the face without making any contact with a ball that two players were challenging for. Do that anywhere else on the pitch with two outfield players it's foul.

Your definition of stationary interests me as the keeper was in mid air at the time of the incident, How do you think he got there?

first start in a long time in the EPL. wonder what happened at him at soton to be dropped and consequently loaned out.
nevertheless has some attributes only great keepers have, only way to judge is to give him consistent game time.
for this one i trust poch, and gazzaniga has proven more useful to the team than llorente already.

You said? You look pretty silly now, having totally slaughtered him in several comments in this thread. Way to go!

I'm still not a big fan of his. We were lucky not to concede when he ran out of his goal, leaving an open goal behind him that was missed from the resulting chance. But he did better than expected. I didn't even expect him to ever get a game as it's very rare that both keepers are injured.

I'll say that I was rash to judge him as harshly as I did but I can only talk on past performances of his that I've seen and I'd never seen him play well. That coupled with an expectation that he wouldn't get a match left me thinking that he was a wasted signing. I'll calm down on what I've said, say that he did some good things yesterday and will see what else he can do.

He rinsed him with leg to midriff and stray fist to the face without making any contact with a ball that two players were challenging for. Do that anywhere else on the pitch with two outfield players it's foul.

Your definition of stationary interests me as the keeper was in mid air at the time of the incident, How do you think he got there?
The contact was made long after the ball had passed. If Sakho had got anything of the ball, you could perhaps argue it could have been a penalty, but it's never given. As it happened, it wasn't a penalty. NBCSN had ex referee Chris Foy as a co-commentator, and he also said no penalty.

It's a tad harsh to say the three really good saves he made were 'decent'. He had a couple of brain farts but overall did well. There's a reason why he's third choice and the slap on Sakho and other shaky aspects demonstrate those reasons.

If Lloris put in the same performance it would have been "decent". A couple of good saves, a couple of shaky moments...

In context of "Oh my GHod its our third choice keeper making his debut please dont throw the ball into the net!!!" it was amazing.

However, I feel its better to judge things in context of the first team. In which case his performance was decent.

Thats not to talk him down at all. In fact Im quite excited by how well he did, it suddenly seems we have another option there where as on Saturday I wouldnt have been as confident in him being able to do a job.

The contact was made long after the ball had passed. If Sakho had got anything of the ball, you could perhaps argue it could have been a penalty, but it's never given. As it happened, it wasn't a penalty. NBCSN had ex referee Chris Foy as a co-commentator, and he also said no penalty.

Agreed on this, had Sakho gotten to the ball, it might've been. Just an unfortunate collission, no foul play IMO. Clumsy from Gazza #2 though. Like on a few other occations. But he also saved us with a couple of brilliant saves.

Agreed on this, had Sakho gotten to the ball, it might've been. Just an unfortunate collission, no foul play IMO. Clumsy from Gazza #2 though. Like on a few other occations. But he also saved us with a couple of brilliant saves.
Really
BT had a ref too who said it’s a penalty but their never given

You could argue that contact with the player wouldn’t have been made had Sakho not bottled the header

Back