• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

I think Hugos kicking specifically, and in general distribution, is pretty poor - and certainly his biggest weakness.

His kicking lacks accuracy and most often distance as well.

It does make a difference when your keeper can play fast and accurate balls into the attacking half.

Hugo's passing stats are pretty good iirc but he certainly doesn't have the same leg power, also, anecdotally, I think he makes a lot of successful passes which don't leave the receiver with much space or time.

I think Hugos kicking specifically, and in general distribution, is pretty poor - and certainly his biggest weakness.

His kicking lacks accuracy and most often distance as well.
Frequently Hugo's kicks have a lot of loft and air to them. Gazza seems to put his laces (or whatever the kids have on their 'boots't these days) through the ball.

He is really looking better the more he plays, maybe we will not miss Lloris as much if he continues to make the mistakes he has done more often then he used too.

FWIW I think Hugo's distribution has gone up a level this season. Not denying it was the biggest area of his game that he needed to improve, particularly with Kepa, Allison and Ederson coming into this league, but I think he's done it fairly well. There's the occasional muck-up but there always will be when goalkeepers get pressured like they do. But his accuracy and distance has got a lot better. If it didn't, he would be fearing for his shirt IMO.

Gazza's already there as a modern keeper with good distribution though, I like that we have him pushing Hugo.

He is still only 26 ( which is still young for a keeper) so he has not yet reached his peak. Having Lloris to learn from he could go on to be a top keeper for years to come.

Providing that he’s happy to stay as the second choice.

Of course, but Lloris is making a few mistakes this season and will be 32 soon, i know that's not that old for a keeper and he may just be having one of those seasons but who knows. If Gazza sticks around and keeps improving he may become our number one sooner rather then later.

Back