• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

This one is strange to me, unless we're planning on letting Vorm go. No reason to have three first-team keepers - in practice, if the first two are injured, the club involved will just ask to loan an emergency keeper for a month or so to cover the gap.

Someone like Whiteman or De Bie being third-choice keeper is fine in those circumstances, because really, they're not going to get used unless the coaching staff are absolutely sure that they can cope with the expectations and undue pressure. To the extent that they're willing to forgo loaning an emergency keeper in for the duration of the injuries to both first-team goalies.

Still, mustn't grumble - it's strengthening the side, even if it's in a position of little real need.

This one is strange to me, unless we're planning on letting Vorm go. No reason to have three first-team keepers - in practice, if the first two are injured, the club involved will just ask to loan an emergency keeper for a month or so to cover the gap.

Someone like Whiteman or De Bie being third-choice keeper is fine in those circumstances, because really, they're not going to get used unless the coaching staff are absolutely sure that they can cope with the expectations and undue pressure. To the extent that they're willing to forgo loaning an emergency keeper in for the duration of the injuries to both first-team goalies.

Still, mustn't grumble - it's strengthening the side, even if it's in a position of little real need.

Especially as the emergency GK rule means you can pick up any old journeyman like this on a day's notice, even outside the window.

I would much rather we just got Pau Lopez, who really does seem a talent for the future/a possible long-term successor to Lloris.

I would much rather we just got Pau Lopez, who really does seem a talent for the future/a possible long-term successor to Lloris.

It appears that we were only interested in Lopez if we could get him for a really low price.

It appears that we were only interested in Lopez if we could get him for a really low price.

Goes to show how desperate we were to do the deal.

Maybe getting him in at a later date or kissy not worth the money.

Goes to show how desperate we were to do the deal.

Maybe getting him in at a later date or kissy not worth the money.

It's a bit of an odd one because he sounded like a decent player, Poch knew him and the money wasn't crazy

It's a bit of an odd one because he sounded like a decent player, Poch knew him and the money wasn't crazy

Maybe they have seen a better GK with more potential? Or perhaps after a closer look they thought he may not be all that

Maybe they have seen a better GK with more potential? Or perhaps after a closer look they thought he may not be all that

I'd be surprised if Gazzaniga is that player but it wouldn't be the first time I got it completely wrong, if he was.

Back