• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Our worst player of the past decade.

I have absolutely no idea how he still gets onto the pitch, let alone plays 90 minutes.

Pick some kid from the youth team or play someone out of position in CM if you have to. Just please Poch, don't ever let this guy near our first team again.

I thought he did okay today, not super, but competed well. But with Townsed on the bench, we need someone to blame, I blame him and Dembele, they are so slow to pass the ball etc etc....

I thought he did okay today, not super, but competed well. But with Townsed on the bench, we need someone to blame, I blame him and Dembele, they are so slow to pass the ball etc etc....

Agreed. Thought it was the right decision to leave him on and take off Mason... Yet of course Paulinho is the one people can't wait to blame.

For me it's not that he was the worst player on the pitch. He wasn't. He never will be when Mason plays ;) It's that what does he really offer? Especially when Demebel and Stambouli both offer FAR more than him.

I don't blame Paulinho for him starting today and being ineffective. I blame our delightful manager!

He doesn't look at home. Still. He's a samba footballer trying to play in Burnley. He did ok today, but we needed someone to take the game on. Win the game and he's not that player at the moment.

Agreed. Thought it was the right decision to leave him on and take off Mason... Yet of course Paulinho is the one people can't wait to blame.
I like Mason, but didn't realise he was playing in the first half. I don't want to knock us as it is natural to want someone to blame as you naturally want to have a solution to a problem. Ade out, Paulinho out, Townsend out, Dembele out and so on but today really felt like a group effort and not a single fault imo.

The whole midfield and attack were toss

Paulinho played to the best of his ability whcih clearly has limits. Mason and Bentekab were worse

What worries me is thah Paulinho was meant to be playing number 10... Yet spends most of the game with Mason and Bentelab

Were we playing 4-2-1-2-1???

I know he was brick today, but people questionning the decision to start him have short memories. In the last league game, his introduction led to an upturn in the team performance and he earned a shot at a start today. I'm not for one minute saying he was good, just that it was a logical step to include him.

I know he was crud today, but people questionning the decision to start him have short memories. In the last league game, his introduction led to an upturn in the team performance and he earned a shot at a start today. I'm not for one minute saying he was good, just that it was a logical step to include him.
But he came on when we were actually chasing a game and he was effective

Today I assume he was meant to be playing 10 but actually was nearer our centre backs for a lot of the game . He I wore fully ineffective and offered very little of anything. Worryingly mason and Bentelab were worse as was Chadli and walker

But he came on when we were actually chasing a game and he was effective

Today I assume he was meant to be playing 10 but actually was nearer our centre backs for a lot of the game . He I wore fully ineffective and offered very little of anything. Worryingly mason and Bentelab were worse as was Chadli and walker

Both Mason and Bentelab were better whilst playing brick. He was shocking, nearly every ball went backwards because his first touch was brick. The team were brick so tjsg

He comes in and has a good 20mins and people think he is ok again.

Today he was horrific on the ball and played nearly every pass backwards. He looked like he cared a bit more and ran a bit and even didn't jump out tackles. Still in my view he is the worst midfielder we have had in so long - literally horrific

Both Mason and Bentelab were better whilst playing crud. He was shocking, nearly every ball went backwards because his first touch was crud. The team were crud so tjsg

Beg to differ - wonder what you would have said if he had had Bentaleb's early doors brainfart that pit Ings clear through on goal. Mason was simply abysmal. Not say the Brazilian pulled tress but out of a bad bunch, he just shaded it.

The whole midfield and attack were toss

Paulinho played to the best of his ability whcih clearly has limits. Mason and Bentekab were worse

What worries me is thah Paulinho was meant to be playing number 10... Yet spends most of the game with Mason and Bentelab

Were we playing 4-2-1-2-1???

This for me as well, and the reason he was so deep is because ( as usual) neither Bentaleb or Mason offer much ( if any) protection to our back four.

This for me as well, and the reason he was so deep is because ( as usual) neither Bentaleb or Mason offer much ( if any) protection to our back four.

Could not agree more; cannot understand how some seem to think it is our future central midfield pairing. No protection, no guile, no imagination - and it's not just because of yesterday ....

Could not agree more; cannot understand how some seem to think it is our future central midfield pairing. No protection, no guile, no imagination - and it's not just because of yesterday ....

I have been saying for ages that our CM is a weak area ( and been slagged off by many), I am not knocking either Betaleb or Mason ( although I think the hype for him is over the top, the same happened with Caulker), but they lack in the defensive area of the game and our back four get little protection from either of them.

I have been saying for ages that our CM is a weak area ( and been slagged off by many), I am not knocking either Betaleb or Mason ( although I think the hype for him is over the top, the same happened with Caulker), but they lack in the defensive area of the game and our back four get little protection from either of them.

We tend to agree to disagree on many issues :) but on this point we're singing from the same hymn sheet!

Mason and Bentaleb both had poor games yesterday.

The difference between them and Paulinho however:

*They didn't cost us £17m, or actually, anything at all.
*They can both point to a string of excellent to decent performances over the course of the majority of this season, while Paulinho's brickhouse was pretty much par for the course whenever we see his twitching Brazilian ass edge nervously onto the pitch to play bare-foot football with a hot coal (which is how he looks when he's on the ball, on the rare occasions he's not hiding)

He doesn't look at home. Still. He's a samba footballer trying to play in Burnley. He did ok today, but we needed someone to take the game on. Win the game and he's not that player at the moment.

A Samba footballer who takes 3 touches to bring a ball under control and out of his feet, cannot turn on the ball, has no vision, passing range and apart from the odd flick that people drooled over, has zero flair. You are giving him too much credit - the game is too fast for him and he does not have the technique to ever operate at a high level in this country.

Mason and Bentaleb both had poor games yesterday.

The difference between them and Paulinho however:

*They didn't cost us £17m, or actually, anything at all.
*They can both point to a string of excellent to decent performances over the course of the majority of this season, while Paulinho's crudehouse was pretty much par for the course whenever we see his twitching Brazilian ass edge nervously onto the pitch to play bare-foot football with a hot coal (which is how he looks when he's on the ball, on the rare occasions he's not hiding)

By that same argument, Lamela vs Townsend is a non-starter because in his case we are talking 30mill! How can you bring in money into the argument? He either played better or not...

Back