• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Bumped from page six - the forgotten man !

Does he deserve a run in the team in a three man midfield ?

He was very good in our 3-0 away win over WBA some ten games back , which incidentally was our last clean sheet .

By the way , whatever happened to King Dawson, Paulie's number one fan ?

Thought he made a real difference when he came on, not sure how much longer we can afford to start both Chadli & Townsend together

I thought so too. And that through pass, for Eriksen was a confident one too . Maybe, just maybe, if he were to be given a run of games we'd get to see a decent player for us, one similar to what we saw prior to signing him.

he will do well with space around him. to me that means no chadli and dembele who tend to crowd things out up front.

will be interesting to see if we can have paulinho, erkisen and lamela all feeding kane. but we have to do something to shore up the backline

There was that moment yesterday where he slid the ball through for Mason to run onto. Schmeichel got out early to clear it, but considering it came from two of our three midfielders is nice.

Whatever it is if he keeps playing like that he's given us another option for the rest of the season.
True but I don't trust the guy at all and I actually hope that he is sold. I have time for every player at the club, good, bad or indifferent as long as they are committed to the cause but he's turned in so many cowardly performances that I want the club to get shot of him. As of now I'm completely apathetic about anything he does really and he is the only player at the club I feel like that about.

True but I don't trust the guy at all and I actually hope that he is sold. I have time for every player at the club, good, bad or indifferent as long as they are committed to the cause but he's turned in so many cowardly performances that I want the club to get shot of him. As of now I'm completely apathetic about anything he does really and he is the only player at the club I feel like that about.

I largely agree. Both him and Adebayor for me are in situations it looks almost impossible to get back from. Wouldn't mind being wrong and all that, but if deals were made tomorrow I would be happy about it.

Right now, 8 games to go, he has at least shown us that he's capable of making an impact on the pitch. And that could be valuable for us.

I largely agree. Both him and Adebayor for me are in situations it looks almost impossible to get back from. Wouldn't mind being wrong and all that, but if deals were made tomorrow I would be happy about it.

Right now, 8 games to go, he has at least shown us that he's capable of making an impact on the pitch. And that could be valuable for us.
Ade has bought a little more leeway than Paulinho (in the dark recesses of my mind) as he did have some good matches for us amid the sea of dross. But as you say it looks like Ade's time at the club is pretty much over also. I hear West Ham are still interested.

Looking back at Paulinho's time I think he was often misused as one of a CM pair. He was never the right choice for that role, or at least not in this league. He should have been played as either the advanced player of a midfield trio or behind striker, or not at all. Maybe then his Spurs career might have been taken a differnt path. Now though there are other players I would bring on ahead of him every time, given the choice.

Ade has bought a little more leeway than Paulinho (in the dark recesses of my mind) as he did have some good matches for us amid the sea of dross. But as you say it looks like Ade's time at the club is pretty much over also. I hear West Ham are still interested.

Looking back at Paulinho's time I think he was often misused as one of a CM pair. He was never the right choice for that role, or at least not in this league. He should have been played as either the advanced player of a midfield trio or behind striker, or not at all. Maybe then his Spurs career might have been taken a differnt path. Now though there are other players I would bring on ahead of him every time, given the choice.

Agree about his position, have thought so for quite a while. Most of his good games seemed to come in that number 10 role.

Before fans start getting mad with Andros and Bobby, it's probably wise not to speculate at why they were laughing. It was pretty poor from Pauli though wasn't it! I think he got caught in two minds whether to pass left or right or to shoot (and he did all three)...

Our worst player of the past decade.

I have absolutely no idea how he still gets onto the pitch, let alone plays 90 minutes.

Pick some kid from the youth team or play someone out of position in CM if you have to. Just please Poch, don't ever let this guy near our first team again.

Back