• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Not just him the whole sorry lot from that summer.

Except eriksen. It was our policy and the way we went about it I did not like. The celebrating at getting rid of him feels small time.

Funny how quickly things change. 24 months ago Paulinho and Sandro looked to have the potential to become one of the best CMs in the world, for both club and country. Now one is in the championship and the other in China

I'm sad it didn't work out for him with. As has been said the PL was too much for him, especially after the Adam tackle.

He certainly started well and it's a shame we didn't see more of the performances he gave against Swansea, Norwich, Cardiff and Chelski.

Ah well. Like Paulinho, we move on.

What policy was that? Do you mean the policy of trying to sign what look at the time look good players?
getting hoodwinked into buying a player the Brazilians put into the national team who is not up to it so they can sell him to Europe and take some profit from a club who is stupid enough to fall for it.

I get where JPL is coming from.

At the end of the day I think we have done well to recoup that amount given what he has shown, perhaps some of the Levy woo wooing is a bit over the top though.

We messed up badly in signing the lad....and yes I was excited at the time....I thought we were getting some balls in midfield....a game changer....sadly he ducked out of tackles and made little to no impact.

I am happy he's gone.....I think damage limitation wise we have done well....but yes in the grand scheme of things the signing was a failure......another Tottenham rooster up of epic proportions.....

going to try and forget paulie as quickly as possible.

What......because we don't buy into your revisionist notion that Paulinho was a sh*t player even before we signed him?

Get a grip, fella!
Not revisionist. Just because you do not agree with someone elses opinion do not try and excuse them of things they have not done. I have never changed my opinion of him, it is the same as it has always been. Keep accusing me of things like this and I will report you to the mods.

You are welcome to your views as I am mine, your confrontational and aggressive manner to someone who has a difference of opinion to you is childish. I am prepared to read and listen to people who have different views to mine without accusing them of changing their views to suit an argument. Grow up or stop replying to my posts because I shall not respond to someone who behaves in such a way.

Not revisionist. Just because you do not agree with someone elses opinion do not try and excuse them of things they have not done. I have never changed my opinion of him, it is the same as it has always been. Keep accusing me of things like this and I will report you to the mods.

You are welcome to your views as I am mine, your confrontational and aggressive manner to someone who has a difference of opinion to you is childish. I am prepared to read and listen to people who have different views to mine without accusing them of changing their views to suit an argument. Grow up or stop replying to my posts because I shall not respond to someone who behaves in such a way.

o_O

Chich?

Is that you?

Or an impersonator?

When did you become such a delicate flower, mate? ;)

Report me to the mods? Confrontational? Aggressive?

Arf!

Lest you have forgotten, allow me to remind you how you entered this discussion and the vein in which you continued:

"But if other people wish to align themselves with losers and the losers mentality then I am not one to stop them. Fill yer boots ladies....."

"The celebrating at getting rid of him feels small time....."

"Honestly I think some people on here think Levy is jesus it disgusts me it really does....."

And you think that that kind of ad hominem language isn't provocative?????

Come on, fella. It's give and take. If you dish it out, you've got to expect it in return. You're old enough and ugly enough to know that by now. And you also know that it's all lighthearted and meaningless in the end.

So chill the f*ck out!

By the way, chich, I think you have misunderstood what is meant by "revisionist" in this context.

I wasn't suggesting that you have changed your opinion of Paulinho. You might well always have considered him to be sh*t. I was suggesting that the widely held perception of Paulinho at the time was of someone who had had an outstanding couple of years as a key player for both his club, Corinthians (winners of the Copa Libertadores and the World Club Cup in addition to titles in Brazil), and for his country, Brazil (winners of the Confederations Cup).

And to suggest that that wasn't the case would be a distortion of the truth. Hence "revisionist" (in its negative sense).

I won't be surprised if we do sell Paulinho as Pochettino doesn't seems to like him. But Paulinho will be really stupid if he does goes to China. He was one of the rising stars of Brazilian football when he joined us. Despite not playing much for us for the past 1 year or so, I think he can still attract attention from big clubs. There is no reason for him to go to China as he is only 27 now.

Bowlocks, mate.

He had had an outstanding year or two for both Corinthians and Brazil. Enough of this revisionism!

In the Brazilian league and in International friendlies?
Brazil didnt play a competitive game for 3 years before the World Cup. The confed cup definitely doesn't count.

Back