• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Party Like Its 2017 - The Has-Been Thread

Which has-been should we spunk CL money on obscene wages for

• Eriksen

• Bale

• Dybala

• Defoe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Eriksen seems a no brainer to me, has already adapted his game to fit Conte's system/s at Inter, seems to have not lost a step after his heart problem and I doubt his wage demands are "obscene" compared to say Bale and Dybala.

If Defoe fancies a coaching gig then we should get him involved but will guess he will make a living on the pundit scene for a while...

Inter didn't play the same system as we did. They used 3-1-4-2, with two of Barella, Sensi and Eriksen in CM, ahead of Brozovic

Better a has been than a never was / will be but the players listed have more to give to this wonderful game called football.

Not quite sure if you're attempting to be disrespectful to former players (plus Dybala) so bumping this thread seems iffy but I will begrudgingly do so -

Defoe as a youth coach seems like a no brainer if he's up for it, although don't know what badges / coaching qualifications he has but no doubt the club would help him get on the right path of anything is needed.

As for those currently playing, if Conte / Paratici want them then that's enough to convince me much better than the stale, set in stone, self parodying views of a salty poster on a forum ever will do.

Playing sides that park the bus, we don't need two holding midfield players, only one plus an Eriksen type who can find that pass.

The only one on there for me would be Eriksen.

For me Dybala is a much better player and a few years younger. Also maybe has something to prove, whereas Eriksen is just focused on the world cup.

Its just injury record with Dybala though.

For me Dybala is a much better player and a few years younger. Also maybe has something to prove, whereas Eriksen is just focused on the world cup.

Its just injury record with Dybala though.

Injury record is big. Would be new to the league too.

Eriksen would also be a potential solution for a CM role at times at least, give us a creative option in the middle. Dybala wouldn't.

Then there's the question of wages/cost.

Wouldn't be against Dybala if Conte wants. He's a quality player. Don't see him as an obviously better signing than Eriksen though. Who is also quality.

Dybala has that winning mentality from Juve that we've seen in Kukusevski and Bentancur, whereas Eriksen is a little bit tarred with being part of our great 'always the bridesmaid' side.

He's also Paratici's favourite player (the signing that made his name) and Bentancur's best mate, so it might make sense in terms of the current set-up/dressing room dynamics.

Back