• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Seems like a really exciting signing if it happens. Obviously more one for the future given good age and possibly a loan back.

Interesting to see us being willing to spend on players like him and Gil. I like it.

He sounds like the kind of player Leicester would sign next summer after they sell Soumare for a huge profit - so great we are getting in now.... before they do!
Also great to give him a consistency loan. And if this season doesn't go to plan for him, he could even stay another year.

Shows the intent to build a new team for the long-term...
Agreed and that's good to see.

We do have immediate concerns with the squad, but we simply can't compete with teams that have a lot more money than us if the plan is to continously fix short term concerns quickly (usually takes quite a bit of money that).
Indeed and its long overdue.
To some extent we've tried. Sessegnon, Clarke, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg, Rodon. Even before that with Janssen, Sanchez, Aurier, Foyth etc. All falling into that 25 or younger, some in their late teens group of signings.

Quite a few of them could very well still come good. I may have forgotten some, but the only real success in that list so far is Hojbjerg (I get that it's still fairly early for some of the others).

We just haven't succeeded as we once did at these signings imo, but we have tried. Even under Mourinho there were several signings with more potential than immediate quality.

We must get back to getting more of these right though, and continue that process.

The is some amazing talent in certain positions in that league. I am worried when it is offensive players as they get so much time on the ball they can look better then they are.

Most defences have at least 2 bad defenders so can make attackers look better then they are.

But conversely it can be a good way to spot the good defenders because of their organisation skills and covering abilities. But you really need to watch games to decide this.

Their striker, wingers and attacking players I am generally more suspicious of as the game over there is set up to make them look good.

Back