• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overall grade for the transfer window

Grade our transfer window

• A

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • B

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • C

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • D

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • E

• F

• U (Ungraded)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jurgen the German

David Ginola
Gutted we didn't get Moutinho! Shouldn't have let it so late, typical Spurs.

But nevertheless, some good players brought in.

Annoyed we sold VDV.

Think we are weaker than last season. The key will be how effective AVB is as a manager and how quickly we can develop our system of play. Losing Modric was expected, but VVD has compounded that. Moreover, at present I am not sure anyone on here really understands how AVB wants to set the team up, hence I am not going to make bold claims about the effectiveness of some of our new signings before they have done anything at all to justify some of the hyperbole.

Last edited:
Voted C and feel it was generous. Losing Modric wasn't good but expected, van der Vaart on the other hand is a huge disappointment. Needed a big last minute signing in the form of a top striker or Moutinho, and got Dempsey.

Meh.

Bit early to judge. Supposing Dembele scores 25 goals and gets every player of the year gong going, we'll be calling his signing a stroke of utter genius. Conversely, if he turns out to be a Belgian Jenas, we'll sigh and downgrade our view accordingly. Ergo, shouldn't judge to early. Voted 'B', though, just on a gut feeling.

Feel like the creativity has been ripped from our team.
That spark of genius has been replaced by athleticism and efficiency.

Compare what we did to the teams we are competing with i.e. Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, maybe Liverpool too? Liverpool didn't sign any strikers. Arsenal lost RVP and Song and didn't get a replacement for Song and got Giroud. Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have a thin squad. So our window wasn't a disaster even though it was slightly disappointing.

Gave it a B.

Still weak in a few positions.

But made some very good signings for very good prices.

And losing Modric was unavoidable.

Ledley too, obviously.

Gave it a C as while Moutinho was always a huge ask, I feel the targets we did eventually sign could have been signed much earlier. We've trimmed the wage bill though and have a squad more suited to our managers style of play. But we could have had Dempsey, Dembele and Ade all done in time for the opening day. I think we'd have done Saudi Sportswashing Machine over and WBA. Were now playing catch-up. Saying that Lloris is a real coup and very pleased with him and Dembele while I think Dempsey will be a big character in the dressing room and covers all positions in the front 3 potentially.

Back