• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Transfer Stategy moving forward

Shropshire Yid

Hossam Ghaly
Now we have a new manager, what do people feel our transfer strategy will be moving forward.

This summer I think we will be keen to add home grown players and we could buy British.

But I also believe with the managers policy of promoting youth, if we do have this reported £50m to spend, I think we will go for a quality 2/3 players to add rather than more wholesale changes.

I believe this will also be our mould for the next couple of summers.

I could realistically see us adding a couple out of Shaw, Lallana, Richards, Milner, Welbeck, to name a few.

Spurs have a history of doing polar opposites from there previous choices, with transfers and managers! So instead of loads of imports we will go for small number of home grown.

I also think we will see some surprising sales coming up this summer, I would not be shocked to see one of Sandro/Paulinho/Dembele/Capoue sold, as it wouldn't shock me to see us cut our losses with Soldado.

I think we will need 3 or 4 quality players to push forward. Those would be a left back, centre back, striker and maybe a midfielder.

If we could get Shaw and Lallana that would be brilliant! There will be alot of clubs after them though.

I keep reading that Lallana would be our choice but feel that we already have Erikson who can do that job, particularly as our new manager has a reputation for improving young players, I would hope that he could do that with some of ours. Shaw should be our prime objective for the obvious lack of quality at left back along with a forward who can go pass defenders.

I don't really rate many British players at the moment. Will Hughes, Barkley and John Stones - that's about it. There's no value in the market. I'd rather we just brought through our own (Pritchard, Coulthirst etc).

We can still bring in 3-4 international players and meet our quota of 17.

I don't believe our transfer policy will change. We'll likely bring in 2 or 3 ready made first team players at the expense of some of those the new manager won't fancy, whilst continuing to source young talent that offers value for money.

One thing from Levy's Poch confirmation statement I picked up on would have me believe that the club will not want to move on its English talent, by the looks of things we're going to need them even if they don't quite make the grade for top 4 players.

Agree with the above that our strategy wont change - will continue to target players in the 20-25 age range who are just under the top bracket and hope they continue to develop.

I also think we need a quiet summer, not one with wholesale change. Get in a LB, CB and perhaps a wide forward like Konoplyanka and thats it (max). Also hope we dont go and try to sign Lallana - think he's our next David Bentley.

Need to upgrade Rose and I would like a new striker either (young) to offer Kane competition or to replace either Adebayor or Soldado. Think we will shop where there is value, so probably overseas, and with Kane, Livermore, Pritchard etc in the 25 we will meet our quota criteria.

Need to upgrade Rose and I would like a new striker either (young) to offer Kane competition or to replace either Adebayor or Soldado. Think we will shop where there is value, so probably overseas, and with Kane, Livermore, Pritchard etc in the 25 we will meet our quota criteria.

Pritchard is too young to count in the 25, but realistically we aren't going to struggle with our 17 foreign player limit.

I can't see Livermore coming back. I thought Hull had a permanent option if they stayed up anyway?

I don't believe for a second that there is £50m to spend, I think that this is just paper talk. I also don't think that our transfer strategy will change, nor should it. I don't think that we will see many changes this summer, just fine tuning after the major changes last year.

I think it would be beneficial to bring in some experience into this squad. We lacked that last season, and we need to address why we were hammered so often

I think it would be beneficial to bring in some experience into this squad. We lacked that last season, and we need to address why we were hammered so often

I agree. I think that it was a real mistake that we did not do this last summer.

I don't believe for a second that there is £50m to spend, I think that this is just paper talk. I also don't think that our transfer strategy will change, nor should it. I don't think that we will see many changes this summer, just fine tuning after the major changes last year.

The only way we'll have anywhere near £50m to spend, is if we cash in on the likes of Siggy, Lennon and Dembele.

The only way we'll have anywhere near £50m to spend, is if we cash in on the likes of Siggy, Lennon and Dembele.

Just posted this in How much we will spend this summer thread.

Was just thinking about how much we will spend. I can see us spending about £30 mill net. Due to the increase in tv money which for us is 33.5m. we can only increase our wage budget per EPL rules by £4m as it is above £52m. Which basically leaves us with £30m to spend. We'll no doubt make a bit, already got Bale CL winner money(£6.5m) plus Defoe(£6m) from Jan. Also can imagine we'd sell one or two. So could easily spend £50m that is currently mooted.

I honestly don't think we need Lallana. I think Eriksen can play a similar role to him and there are more pressing area's of the squad that need strengthening. Unless of course Poch is planning and playing the two alongside one another, in which case fair enough, but I'm not sure we will look as balanced with those two and Lamela in the same squad.

Just posted this in How much we will spend this summer thread.

Was just thinking about how much we will spend. I can see us spending about £30 mill net. Due to the increase in tv money which for us is 33.5m. we can only increase our wage budget per EPL rules by £4m as it is above £52m. Which basically leaves us with £30m to spend. We'll no doubt make a bit, already got Bale CL winner money(£6.5m) plus Defoe(£6m) from Jan. Also can imagine we'd sell one or two. So could easily spend £50m that is currently mooted.

Levy has already spent it all on cantilevered trusses.

Our transfers will come to roughly zero net spend, same as it has in each of the last 7 years.

Sadly I have to agree with GB, cant see us spend anything else than the money we get from sales. Everything will be used to "the new WHL" IMO.

Now we have a new manager, what do people feel our transfer strategy will be moving forward.

This summer I think we will be keen to add home grown players and we could buy British.

But I also believe with the managers policy of promoting youth, if we do have this reported £50m to spend, I think we will go for a quality 2/3 players to add rather than more wholesale changes.

I believe this will also be our mould for the next couple of summers.

I could realistically see us adding a couple out of Shaw, Lallana, Richards, Milner, Welbeck, to name a few.

Spurs have a history of doing polar opposites from there previous choices, with transfers and managers! So instead of loads of imports we will go for small number of home grown.

I also think we will see some surprising sales coming up this summer, I would not be shocked to see one of Sandro/Paulinho/Dembele/Capoue sold, as it wouldn't shock me to see us cut our losses with Soldado.

I really would love for this to become our policy going forward as well. There's no shortage of British talent out there, and I feel we're not as thorough in our scouting of it as we used to be back in the mid-2000's. Start by bumping up the home-grown quota by signing Lallana if possible.

Sadly I have to agree with GB, cant see us spend anything else than the money we get from sales. Everything will be used to "the new WHL" IMO.

If Levy and co. are really serious about trusting our academy more going forward, then we could comfortably make 60-70 million quid in extraneous player sales imo, with the vacant spots being taken up by the likes of Carroll, Bentaleb, Fryers and co.

That would pay for Schneiderlin, Lallana and perhaps Alvaro Morata comfortably, and that's not counting any income from the alleged Bale + Modric clauses and any key player sales (Lloris et al).

There aren't any Bale clauses. It was a straight flat rate cash deal.

Also if say there was a £5m cl Modric bonus then that means we got £5m less than we thought 2 years back which should be factored in.

Back