• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Transfer policy

Nexus1967

Noé Pamarot
So after the game against Morecombe today there are the usual comments about players that should be sold or not at the required standard even as second choice players. Since we appeared in the Champions League final we have spent lots of money on transfers. Not sure of our net spend over the period but we have spent a lot of money on players who most think are not of a standard to be in a top 6 side.

In my opinion there are only one or 2 who would get into any other of the top 6 first teams. Our trouble is we just cannot compete with the financial might of other top teams (you know who I mean here) I mean does anyone seriously think a player like Dusan Vlahovic will choose us if a we are not in the Champions league and b if Harry Kane is still at the club and he has to compete with him for a place in the first team?

Also when it becomes clear a player just isn`t fitting in or doesn`t appear to want to be here (yes I`m talking about you Ndombele) Levy wont take the financial hit and let them go. As much as I loved Dele he looks like half the player he used to be. We just seem to hang on to players when its clear they should be long gone. Tanganga should be loaned out for a year then got rid of if he doesn`t get any sharper. The only player who has bucked that trend is Harry Kane. How many loan spells did he have? I for one never thought he would make it as a premier league striker. Still what do I know?

Talking of keeping hold of players can anyone explain why Cameron Carter Vickers is still on our books? He should have been sold years ago.
So the burning question is does anyone one these forums think Levy will back Paratici and Conte with at least the financial backing to bid for top players or do you think that when we sign someone for 25 million we will be googling their name to see who they are like I had to when we signed Bergwijn for example

So after the game against Morecombe today there are the usual comments about players that should be sold or not at the required standard even as second choice players. Since we appeared in the Champions League final we have spent lots of money on transfers. Not sure of our net spend over the period but we have spent a lot of money on players who most think are not of a standard to be in a top 6 side.

In my opinion there are only one or 2 who would get into any other of the top 6 first teams. Our trouble is we just cannot compete with the financial might of other top teams (you know who I mean here) I mean does anyone seriously think a player like Dusan Vlahovic will choose us if a we are not in the Champions league and b if Harry Kane is still at the club and he has to compete with him for a place in the first team?

Also when it becomes clear a player just isn`t fitting in or doesn`t appear to want to be here (yes I`m talking about you Ndombele) Levy wont take the financial hit and let them go. As much as I loved Dele he looks like half the player he used to be. We just seem to hang on to players when its clear they should be long gone. Tanganga should be loaned out for a year then got rid of if he doesn`t get any sharper. The only player who has bucked that trend is Harry Kane. How many loan spells did he have? I for one never thought he would make it as a premier league striker. Still what do I know?

Talking of keeping hold of players can anyone explain why Cameron Carter Vickers is still on our books? He should have been sold years ago.
So the burning question is does anyone one these forums think Levy will back Paratici and Conte with at least the financial backing to bid for top players or do you think that when we sign someone for 25 million we will be googling their name to see who they are like I had to when we signed Bergwijn for example
You talk about financial hits like it’s easy
The players we want rid of are all well paid… transfer fees are finically treated different to wages … wages are what makes it so hard to shift dead wood.

Yes That is another good point Bedford and another thing I should have said was we cant just get rid of 8 to 10 players in one or 2 windows. My point really I suppose is how bad our transfer business has been over the last 8 to 10 windows. I thought the lesson had been learned after we blew the Bale money on a load of average players instead of targetting 2 or 3 quality additions. I`ve said it before but we should have sold Kane after the champions league final when we would have got top dollar for him and started the rebuild then.
I nknow the pandemic and new stadium debt hasn`t helped but our transfer business/scouting needs some serious scrutiny

Yes That is another good point Bedford and another thing I should have said was we cant just get rid of 8 to 10 players in one or 2 windows. My point really I suppose is how bad our transfer business has been over the last 8 to 10 windows. I thought the lesson had been learned after we blew the Bale money on a load of average players instead of targetting 2 or 3 quality additions. I`ve said it before but we should have sold Kane after the champions league final when we would have got top dollar for him and started the rebuild then.
I nknow the pandemic and new stadium debt hasn`t helped but our transfer business/scouting needs some serious scrutiny
We spent about £140m after the champions league final
Our issue is that unlike city for endowment we can’t just write off a player
The issue of course is we had to pay top dollar to get some really mentally weak players in which now looks awful

I think Levy will back Paratici and Conte. The problem we have is that our squad is relatively full in terms of size, and we'll probably want to shift players before buying, or operate a 1 in, 1 out policy.

And finding buyers for the likes of Dele, Tubby, GLC is tough. If there was a way of selling that lot immediately, I think we'd be signing players quickly. Unfortunately this isnt a computer game where you can offload players with the click of a button

CCV has been making us money. Every loan we get a fee. Nobody took up the option to buy him. Although celtic look like they will.

CCV has been making us money. Every loan we get a fee. Nobody took up the option to buy him. Although celtic look like they will.
Yep
He will have brought in more than enough money for a limited player
But Tanguy won’t, Lo Celso won’t, others won’t
There the issues

I agree with the replies above. When we landed Ndombele I really thought we had made a coup getting him over some other clubs. But with a lot of our recent signings after the initial wow they never seem to develop for whatever reason or are injury prone and we keep thinking once he gets fit and gets a run in the team etc. Trouble is we cant buy a player for 100 million pay them stupid wages then not worry if they flop.
Also I am pretty certain the likes of Emirates Marketing Project and Chelski buy some players just to keep their rivals from buying them, and then loan them out. How many players have Chelski got out on loan at any time?
Being a Spurs supporter is so frustrating most of the time.
Only bright point today was during the game when we went 1-0 down my 2 sons said they were getting grief from fans of a certain club on social media, but had the last laugh when said club was knocked out by a championship side this evening

Back