• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Fans

Indeed, as i say it works both ways...no doubt most of us are scarred by the times hope has been killed brutally after having been raised...the truly optimistics amongst us are crucial to provide that belief - as are the players and coaching staff

The worst one, in terms of expectation, was the 2010 semi final. We’re bang in form against a bankrupt and almost relegated Portsmouth and we still managed to lose. I was steaming after that one and then Harry goes and beats Arsenal and Chelsea to get us in the box seat for CL qualification. fudge me, it’s never boring...

The worst one, in terms of expectation, was the 2010 semi final. We’re bang in form against a bankrupt and almost relegated Portsmouth and we still managed to lose. I was steaming after that one and then Harry goes and beats Arsenal and Chelsea to get us in the box seat for CL qualification. fudge me, it’s never boring...

You had to bleeping bring that up didn't you:mad:

Of all the semi-final defeats in the FA that the media mention constantly, that has to be THE most Spurzy of all! In fact, i'm certain that the word only appeared in common use after that day:mad:

I dont think our fans are any different than any others, I find most modern fans are only concerned with results and have little love or understanding of the game, they have been brainwashed by Sky and the media. Back in the terrible days of football hooligans most fans of other clubs appreciated good play or players, now its almost all about hate.

I dont think our fans are any different than any others, I find most modern fans are only concerned with results and have little love or understanding of the game, they have been brainwashed by Sky and the media. Back in the terrible days of football hooligans most fans of other clubs appreciated good play or players, now its almost all about hate.

I’m all about the results now too*, it’s a natural consequence of being a title challenger, the stakes are so high that everything matters so much more.

*Although I want the performance to justify the result before I’m completely satisfied.

It's a two way street though mate. How can fans not say 'we fall at the last hurdle' when we always do? People wont keep going on about it if it didnt keep on happening. Burnley was another case in point with a chance to truly get amongst the top positiions, and I dont see how the fans can be blamed for that showing - far as I could see we were positive before the game and we lost for reasons such as selection and failure to deal with Burnley's physical nature, not because fans weren't saying 'We are Spurs, we will win this'.....

RG0BS1U.gif

It's a two way street though mate. How can fans not say 'we fall at the last hurdle' when we always do? People wont keep going on about it if it didnt keep on happening. Burnley was another case in point with a chance to truly get amongst the top positiions, and I dont see how the fans can be blamed for that showing - far as I could see we were positive before the game and we lost for reasons such as selection and failure to deal with Burnley's physical nature, not because fans weren't saying 'We are Spurs, we will win this'.....

But seriously you're missing the point. Fans aren't to be blamed for a poor showing.. But they do shoulder some of the responsibility in correcting the 'vibe' around the club after a difficult result.

If we fans can shrug off adversary quickly and be confident about the next result (in the same way our players usually do) that has to have a big impact on the atmosphere when we next run out there to compete.

It's the dwelling that does the damage. As mentioned already our players are humans and to say our complaining, anxiety or general negative expectation isn't felt by them is folly.

But seriously you're missing the point. Fans aren't to be blamed for a poor showing.. But they do shoulder some of the responsibility in correcting the 'vibe' around the club after a difficult result.

If we fans can shrug off adversary quickly and be confident about the next result (in the same way our players usually do) that has to have a big impact on the atmosphere when we next run out there to compete.

It's the dwelling that does the damage. As mentioned already our players are humans and to say our complaining, anxiety or general negative expectation isn't felt by them is folly.
I know what you’re getting at and can agree to an extent about this forum. But having been to see plenty of Spurs matches I’d say our fans are very positive overall and always expect good things. If we lose a game we are still all there in full support for the next one. I know plenty of negative fans of clubs far more successful than ours, it’s just par for the course with every bunch of fans. Our vibe has been great, but playing at Wembley for so long has ground some people down for sure. But all in all I think we support the team whether we win or lose, and I don’t blame those who feel we will mess things up when it’s squeaky bum time.It’s why I never thought we was in the title race. But that’s not to say I won’t think we can go and get positive results in future important/critical games - simply it doesn’t surprise me one bit when we don’t, and it’s down to the players to change that....

If my friends are a clear measure of spurs fans then we’re doomed

2 weeks ago wow, we’re amazing

2 games later and Poch is a myth... we’re finishing 7th... we have to sack everyone

6th. Wolves won’t catch us. Drama queen.

You’re right though. 5 days ago people are talking about us winning 16 games on the bounce and now we’re afraid we’ll never win again and lose 4-0 to Dortmund. A lot of knees jerking badly.

6th. Wolves won’t catch us. Drama queen.

You’re right though. 5 days ago people are talking about us winning 16 games on the bounce and now we’re afraid we’ll never win again and lose 4-0 to Dortmund. A lot of knees jerking badly.
Yet we’re happy to criticise Michael Owen with his comments about the fans needing to change their mind set...

When we win on Saturday my mates will be on it all day about how great we are ...

No fan of Owen in the slightest but he does make a good point, there have always been " fickle fans" in the game so its not really that different in todays game. However there are ( imo) two reasons why its seems bigger now ( and it is). Social media is a magnet for these " fickle fans" and they have a audience for their gripes which encourages more coverage, it is also more prominent because we are now constantly a top team and because of that attract more " fickle fans". I am as gutted as anyone when we lose and it spoils my night/day when we do that, however some of the over the top bitching that you can read in any match tread ( even those we end up winning) is sad to see.

No fan of Owen in the slightest but he does make a good point, there have always been " fickle fans" in the game so its not really that different in todays game. However there are ( imo) two reasons why its seems bigger now ( and it is). Social media is a magnet for these " fickle fans" and they have a audience for their gripes which encourages more coverage, it is also more prominent because we are now constantly a top team and because of that attract more " fickle fans". I am as gutted as anyone when we lose and it spoils my night/day when we do that, however some of the over the top bitching that you can read in any match tread ( even those we end up winning) is sad to see.

All football fans are fickle until they get brick loads of dosh! Then become smug and say ‘they don’t know what all the fuss is about, this is easy this winning stuff’

Back