• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our best result of ther season so far?

colin fishwick

Reto Ziegler
What has been our best result of the season so far? Only two spring to mind Liverpool and Arsenal at home. I think that puts things into perspective.

We need to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat.

True that, but the reason we're still third is because we this season have beat the likes of West Brom, Wigan, Fulham, Wolves etc away from home, something we've usually struggled with. But you're right, we haven't really had a super-result this season. Let's take Chelscum away.

True that, but the reason we're still third is because we this season have beat the likes of West Brom, Wigan, Fulham, Wolves etc away from home, something we've usually struggled with. But you're right, we haven't really had a super-result this season. Let's take Chelscum away.

We need one against the grain, otherwise no 3rd and quite possibly no 4th.

On current form Chelsea, Everton, Sunderland and Villa away would get us no more than 2 points.

We need to show a bit of mettle and be on the right side of some luck. We haven't enjoyed much of that.

Is beating Liverpool 4-0 not a great result, what about Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0? I know they were both at home but we could easily have drawn those games and people would have accepted it but instead we spanked em.

What has been our best result of the season so far? Only two spring to mind Liverpool and Arsenal at home. I think that puts things into perspective.

We need to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat.

I would say the 5-0 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine is up there, and right now that 3-1 win at West Brom is looking a pretty good result too

Is beating Liverpool 4-0 not a great result, what about Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0? I know they were both at home but we could easily have drawn those games and people would have accepted it but instead we spanked em.

Teams like that have to come and try to play, so we can do them on our own terms.

Manure tried to play against us and so did the goons, one we got right, on we didn't.

How many do you think we would have won by if Wolves, WBA, Sunderland etc etc had actually tried to play football against us? Or Stoke away?

looking back through our results, and with the hindsight of the current league table, i'm gonna say it was the 2-0 away at Norwich, when we played the goons earlier in the season they were a rabble, same for liverpool (it should have been more than 4) and we played against Saudi Sportswashing Machine when all their centre halves were out injured

and looking at Norwich's home league record this season we are the only side thats gone there and won easily

I think the best result is how well we've done collectively against the teams we should be beating. Against teams currently 10th or lower in the league, we've played 14, won 12, drawn 2, lost 0. If we keep up that kind of form against the "lesser" teams I'm positive we'll finish 3rd.

Last season we pick up excellent results against the top 4 teams and lose/draw to the rest

This season we lose/draw to top 4 teams, and beat the rest

No good results this season? Were third and at one stage were challenging for the title, but some people wont be happy if we cant spank utd/city...You just cant win.

A few times when looking back at past PL champions the team that has won the title often hasn't had the best of results against the other "big four" teams, but just kept on racking up the points against the lesser clubs while their rivals dropped silly points.

It doesn't matter where you get the points from, as long as you get lots of them!

Norwich away was the most impressive this season. We dominated them, we looked very mature and very Man U like. Professional.

A few times when looking back at past PL champions the team that has won the title often hasn't had the best of results against the other "big four" teams, but just kept on racking up the points against the lesser clubs while their rivals dropped silly points.

It doesn't matter where you get the points from, as long as you get lots of them!

Is that actually true? I swear I've seen pundits say the very opposite - i.e. it is usually the teams who win matches against their closest rivals who end up winning the title.

Fulham away was an eye opener. Not particularly good in the 1st half but went in 2-0 up. Battered 2nd half, conceded and you'd think there's only one way this is going but somehow managed to keep it at 2-1 and then two or three goalmouth scrambles later Defoe sticks one away to make it 3-1 with the last kick of the game.

We need one against the grain, otherwise no 3rd and quite possibly no 4th.

On current form Chelsea, Everton, Sunderland and Villa away would get us no more than 2 points.

villa away would be near the top of anyone's list of most winnable away games in the prem at the moment

Is that actually true? I swear I've seen pundits say the very opposite - i.e. it is usually the teams who win matches against their closest rivals who end up winning the title.

sure united won it in one of the ronaldo years with very poor results against the top 4 sides. probably 2009 when liverpool did the double over them

Back