• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other teams forums...

Who's saying it was? We cannot expect Levy to be achieving great triumphs every time he makes a decision but rather, the correct decisions with the club's best interests at heart.

The DoF system was a significant part of Levy's blueprint to get us back where we once stood. To rip-up all that hard work and expense for Harry simply shows his intent - that his appointment was long term and within the squad's original remit to become a regular top 4 club.

I wouldn't say he ripped it up. The tasks entrusted to Comolli were simply reassigned to other people, some already at the the club and others brought in with Redknapp.

I occasionally browse other teams forums. Never felt the need to post though, it's bad enough when 1 non Spurs poster comes on this board and people try and talk sense into them, try talking sense into an entire forum of people who don't like Tottenham.

Do anyone know who GlastonSpur is? He posts on VillaTalk and RedCafe, but I think he's been banned from the General Football section at RedCafe. Patronising, abrasive and occasionally deluded on Spurs' behalf. Find myself shaking my head at the way he comes across at times. Not as bad as some of the goons posting there though.

Do anyone know who GlastonSpur is? He posts on VillaTalk and RedCafe, but I think he's been banned from the General Football section at RedCafe. Patronising, abrasive and occasionally deluded on Spurs' behalf. Find myself shaking my head at the way he comes across at times. Not as bad as some of the goons posting there though.

We have our trolls, same as other teams. Only difference is that other teams generally tend to have a lot more of them than we do, for reasons which for the life of me I cannot fathom. I mean, we've got a history of stylish, attractive football, we're one of the most successful teams in England, we're based in London and we're currently third in the league. By rights, we should be absolute clams. Yet I've never seen a multitude of Spurs supporters crashing a Liverpool/United/Arsenal thread and yelling disparate abuse at everyone and everything.

Well, except on the Sun's comments pages, and they don't really count.

I sometimes find myself enjoying a Spurs related thread on another team's forum and then having to stop reading because some taco of a Spurs fan has barged in and started behaving like an arrogant arse, a whining bitch, a bore or a troll.

I sometimes find myself enjoying a Spurs related thread on another team's forum and then having to stop reading because some taco of a Spurs fan has barged in and started behaving like an arrogant arse, a whining bitch, a bore or a troll.

Yeah, same here.

Without picking apart your post piece by piece and trying to stay on my point (Luck instead of judgement)

Remember back to that time, the situation we were in. We had just spent massive money on new players, had one of the highest paid coaches in the league, we had gone to great lengths and suffered massive scrutiny to get him (Under a DOF's advice) and we were bottom of the league and adrift from safety having taken 2 points from 24.
We needed a change of any kind, players were coming out against him in the media and the team were awful to watch.

Getting Harry was not a pre conceived idea to get Champions League football and there is no reason to suggest such, it was a desperate move to keep us up and anything else was a bonus. What a bonus it has turned out to be.

I am not stating that every success by every club was pre conceived, I stated that doing it the old fashioned way (building a team carefully over time) can be done but we were lucky to do it, things with Harry just kept getting better.

Daniel Levy hasn't got the experience and knowledge of world football to get a Wenger ala David Dein. Mr Levy, for all his positive traits, has made a lot questionable decisions during his tenure (albeit with the benefit of hindsight from my pov) and Harry was not a decision he would have chose under normal, mid table mediocrity, standards.

I'll be astonished nayimfromthehalfwayline if Levy did say I wanted Harry some years ago... I would like to see that interview.

All IMO, disclaimer, please read the small print and my shovel is at the ready.

well - you didn't do anything to pick my points apart, all you did - was what I did, state an opinion.
Which is fine by me.

Back