• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

Just want to say thanks to Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Southampton, Palace and Sunderland on making this season entertaining outside of our own woes. They have all either played entertaining football, performed minor miracles or in the case of Southampton been a breath of fresh air.

Oh, and to United aswell obviously. They have been a joy to watch too!

I hope next season is as exciting as this one.

Well done to ManCity for winning the league title for the second time in 3 years. Never thought Pellegirini would win the league for ManCity as he had never won any honours in Europe before. Well done to ManCity for taking the big risk with Pellegirini and getting the big reward. Despite their money strength, ManCity don't make stupid player or manager changes, unlike Chelsea. This is what makes them more stable than Chelsea. Can see them dominating the league for years to come.

Would have preferred Liverpool to have won the league just to annoy ManU. But can't see Liverpool winning the league as long as the inexperienced Brendan Rogers is in charge.

Leicester City: Billionaire owner 'will spend £180m' to make top five
Newly-promoted Leicester City's owner wants a top-five finish in the Premier League within three years - and will spend the money needed to get there.

The Championship title winners have returned to the top flight after a decade-long absence.

Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."

Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.

"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.

"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

Nigel Pearson's side collected 102 points on their way to landing the Championship title. And the manager shares his chairman's optimism.

"The important thing is we're going with a belief that we can achieve," he said after showing off the Championship trophy to fans in the Thai capital.

"It's important we continue to improve everything about ourselves. So, we can challenge for the top five. But, of course, one step at the time."

Leicester have qualified for Europe three times, most recently as the 2000 League Cup winners. They went out of the 2000-01 Uefa Cup in the first round, losing 4-2 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade of Serbia.

Srivaddhanaprabha's consortium took over at Leicester in 2010.

Billionaire Thai chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha outlined the club's next steps to reporters in Bangkok.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off."

Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.

I think a lot of these owners (especially the foreign ones, whos interest in football seems to be relatively new) just don't understand how much of a gargantuan task it is to get into the top four (or five in this case). £180m spend is nowhere near enough for a newly promoted side to break the top four.

According to transfermarkt.co.uk, Arsenal's 27 man squad is valued at £325m. Liverpool's 22 are valued at £250m. And our 25 players are valued at £240m.

The next two sides are Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who both have 25 men and are worth £150m and £125m respectively.

When Randy Lerner first came to aston villa, he was spending like mad (relatively) to try and break the top 4 and get the champions league money. but after a few years, he realised that it was a futile task that was costing him way too much money. I don't remember how much it cost Emirates Marketing Project to break into the top 4. but i suspect it was closer to £500m in transfer fees. that does not include the all the other costs that it took to administer this such as agent fees.

Even if you look at us, we spent £100m this summer to bolster an already very good team, and we're still struggling to get into the top 4.

Getting the Yanks ready for 2014-15...

BnwpZXuIAAAoTP1.jpg

"He got a cake but when it was Roberto Carlos's birthday, the president of Anzhi gave him a Bugatti.

"I don't expect City to present Yaya with a Bugatti, we only asked that they shook his hand and said 'we congratulate you'.

:ross:

He's already tweeted that he's got a card off city. He has also tweeted that he looks to leave in the summer.

Back