• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other fans valuation of players

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
So I had lunch with two friends today and both are season ticket holders at Brighton.

They were talking about Lewis Dunk, who for anyone who does not follow Brighton much is the poor man Dawson. Nice guy, tries hard but very limited player.

So they were talking about whether they should sell him for 45m and reinvest in one quality striker. I kid you not they actually think he is worth 45m. He is a 20m player at best and nothing more then a back up defender for a top 6 team.

Can not believe two otherwise sensible people have such a distorted figure of what a player is worth.

So I had lunch with two friends today and both are season ticket holders at Brighton.

They were talking about Lewis Dunk, who for anyone who does not follow Brighton much is the poor man Dawson. Nice guy, tries hard but very limited player.

So they were talking about whether they should sell him for 45m and reinvest in one quality striker. I kid you not they actually think he is worth 45m. He is a 20m player at best and nothing more then a back up defender for a top 6 team.

Can not believe two otherwise sensible people have such a distorted figure of what a player is worth.
20 million? No fudging way! The guy is a walking catastrophy! The only thing certain, is that he'll score 5+ own goals every season, and give away at least as many penalties!
He's terrible!

Most fans of all clubs tend to over value their own players, that is until they have a couple of poor games and then they are crap. ;)

20 million? No fudging way! The guy is a walking catastrophy! The only thing certain, is that he'll score 5+ own goals every season, and give away at least as many penalties!
He's terrible!

But also English defenders from the championship are now rated around 15m.

While I agree with you completely, the market is fudged.

All it would take is two teams interested and I wouldnt be surprised if he went for near that.

Disgusted, but not surprised.

Back