• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

I was getting concerned about the Ozil rumours last night.

Today it seems he is more likely to stay ...
BBC said:
OZIL TO ARSENAL?

Spanish football writer Andy West: "Mesut Ozil's potential departure from Real Madrid is possibly the most interesting storyline to follow. Last season he was one of Los Blancos' key players and widely regarded as an indispensible member of the team - never mind the squad - but the arrival of Isco and Bale means something will have to give...and so far it's been Ozil.

"The Germany international reacted angrily to being substituted at Granada last weekend, and he didn't feature at all in yesterday's victory over Athletic Bilbao. However, latest rumours suggest he's set to rebuff Arsenal's interest and fight for his place in Madrid. We'll keep a keen eye on that one."
The Guardian said:
'Ozil has chosen to stay at Real Madrid'

So says Spanish newspaper Marca, who tend to be on the ball when it comes to life at the Bernabeu. Here's the link to their story (in Spanish), but the gist is that Real's Florentino Perez had agreed a €45m fee with Arsenal, only for Ozil to opt against the move. Unless there is "a sudden change at the last minute" he'll be staying in Spain.

... although there are also rumours involving United.

Plus Ozil is NOT what Arsenal need at all; strange, because he would have been perfect for us (pre-Eriksen and assuming he does the business for us...)

Might not be the position where they most obviously need an upgrade, but I think he would be "the best player" they could possibly sign in terms of ability.

Would make them a lot stronger. Really hope it doesn't happen.

Kaka back to Milan on a free.

If Milan can get Kaka playing half-decent again then they have a very decent team. Big if though.

True. Kaka behind Balotelli... Seems half decent...

I'd be gutted if they sign him, He'd pretty much be the best player in the league. I can't believe Utd aren't in for him, is Moyes a ****ing retread or something?... Don't answer that !

Go for Fabregas but not Ozil?!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23929339

Mesut Ozil: Arsenal agree a £42.4m deal with Real Madrid

Arsenal have agreed a £42.4m (50m euros) deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms but must undergo a medical before Arsenal can complete what will be a club record signing.

The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

More to follow

Very ****ed off if this happens. Ozil is a great player and will make big difference to Arsenal.
We may have spent a shedload of money, but we still lack a) a playmaker/leader b) creativity c) second striker/#10 (maybe b&c the same). d)left back -assuming BAE is unloved by AVB.

Unless Eriksen or Lamela turns out to be one of these players we will still be short in key areas of the pitch.

I wonder what Chelsea make of this.. Surely they would rather have had Ozil than Willian and been in for him if they hadn't spent the money..

If LFC keep Suarez they will be a strong team this year with their signings and Moses on loan.. Arsenal with Ozil. Chelsea got Willian plus others. Man U and Emirates Marketing Project both competitive.. Top four will be really tough this season.

Please is what i say ... for all the players we brought Ozil would have been the one player that could make our spend a complete waste in trying to catch them up.

Yep agreed, advantage them again if they sign him. Annoying.

Come on utd/psg you know you want to...

Am i really seeing this? talk about knee-jerk, the man has talent but we have signed Lamela and Eriksen, neither have even got their foot in the door and your saying advantage Goons???? Christ on a bike

Am i really seeing this? talk about knee-jerk, the man has talent but we have signed Lamela and Eriksen, neither have even got their foot in the door and your saying advantage Goons???? Christ on a bike

Oh don't get me wrong i'm delighted with our signings, that Arsenal game came 2 or 3 weeks too early for us IMO, once they're intergrated we'll be looking quality. My comment was more related to how good i think Ozil is really.

Back