• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Re: Harry Redknapp

That has not proved your point. That 2nd thread people were saying "oh no they'll get someone decent now" and "why couldn't they wait until after they play us?"

I found in both threads that people thought AVB wasn't a good fit for Chelsea and the fault was mostly with Terry, Cole, Drogba etc. They needed discipline, not coaching. You could say that trying to change too much, too soon was a bad on AVB's behalf, but I think he must have had some kind of instructions from Roman on what he was expected to do.

"why couldn't they wait until after they play us?"

New manager effect obviously.

This one sums it up pretty well for me: "Shock Horror....Spurs fans want Chelsea manager to fail!!!!"

That right. Because this season, Chelsea haven't fudged up like they did last season.

Erm, yes they have. They were top of the league for the first couple of months and looked like the best team in the country. There is no question they have improved in midfield, but they had Fernando Torres as their only striker until January. Plus they've lost Drogba who carried them in the big games.

I have no doubt that if we finished above united last season, people would have said this is the worst United side in years, our midfield is better and so on.

We had the 4th best squad in the country last season, which is where we finished. We should have finished above Arsenal, but it was only compounded by Chelsea fluking the CL.

Erm, yes they have. They were top of the league for the first couple of months and looked like the best team in the country. There is no question they have improved in midfield, but they had Fernando Torres as their only striker until January. Plus they've lost Drogba who carried them in the big games.

I have no doubt that if we finished above united last season, people would have said this is the worst United side in years, our midfield is better and so on.

We had the 4th best squad in the country last season, which is where we finished. We should have finished above Arsenal, but it was only compounded by Chelsea fluking the CL.

fudging up isn't binary - there are varying degrees. Should Chelsea be doing better this year? Of course. But they're doing a hell of a lot better than last year.

We had the 4th best team at the start of last season, but you have to take into account the fact that one of the three better teams failed miserably. In that situation, if we finish below 3rd (or simply ignore 3rd and secure 4th because that's what our bonuses are dependant on) then we've also failed.

This thread is funny because its the 'non Harry' phalanx that tend to bring this subject up. Its pretty funny. Yet accuse the 'Harry' phalanx of not moving on.

(The use of non Harry phalanx and Harry phalanx may not be appropriate but you get the jist)

This thread is funny because its the 'non Harry' phalanx that tend to bring this subject up. Its pretty funny. Yet accuse the 'Harry' phalanx of not moving on.

(The use of non Harry phalanx and Harry phalanx may not be appropriate but you get the jist)

I am a non Harry and the thread is funny because the Harry phalanx actually are now QPR supporters. I get the feeling that a few here get more of a buzz about QPR winning and Spurs losing than the converse.

I am a non Harry and the thread is funny because the Harry phalanx actually are now QPR supporters. I get the feeling that a few here get more of a buzz about QPR winning and Spurs losing than the converse.

Really? :-k

QPR boss Harry Redknapp: I may leave unless I can sign players

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has warned he will consider leaving the relegated club if he is not allowed to overhaul his squad this summer. Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Liverpool was the Premier League bottom club's seventh loss in nine matches.

"If I can't change it around during the summer and get some good lads in, I wouldn't want to come back," he said. "Lots of them can't get up early enough to get to training on time"

Since taking over the London club in November, Redknapp has bemoaned the discipline of some of his players. He added: "I don't need to come to work every day and have that aggravation. I want to get a group in willing to come, learn and take a bit of pride in what they do. Hopefully I have support from the board and we have to see what players we can find."

Defender Jose Bosingwa was fined in December for refusing to be a substitute when Rangers beat Fulham 2-1, while midfielder Stephane Mbia was fined earlier this month for his conduct on Twitter. "I don't want people coming in late and me fining players every day," Redknapp said. "I want to put a team together where I can look forward to coming into work.

"They seem to be late every day, that's how it drags on and that's what it's been like since day one at this club. "One player got fined more this month than he got in wages - and, believe me, he earns plenty of money."

Club chairman Tony Fernandes admitted earlier this month that he had been exploited by agents in signing players to bolster the squad. Redknapp brought six players into the club in January, including Christopher Samba and Loic Remy at a cost of more than £20m. However, the former Tottenham manager still believes the current side may not finish in the top half of the Championship next season unless changes are made.

"It's going to be hard because you've got to build a team," said Redknapp. "I've only had to do that once, probably when I was at Portsmouth. We managed to get some lads in with great attitudes who were just fantastic and managed to win the league. I've got to get the same type in here now if I can."

This guy :ross:

Lol.

A good book about the inner workings of Harry has been released. Harry's Games by John Crace is a very good read and you really do realise how clever and cunning at times Redknapp is with some of the stuff he comes out with.

Lol.

A good book about the inner workings of Harry has been released. Harry's Games by John Crace is a very good read and you really do realise how clever and cunning at times Redknapp is with some of the stuff he comes out with.

Thanks - will check it out.

Hopefully a good companion to Tom Bower's excellent book on his earlier career - Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of English Football.

@StanCollymore: Harry Redknapp bookies favourite to be new Brighton & Hove Albion manager.

If Redknapp takes Brighton over, it's conceivable he could retire having caused more damage to England's South coast than Hitler managed to.

@StanCollymore: Harry Redknapp bookies favourite to be new Brighton & Hove Albion manager.

If Redknapp takes Brighton over, it's conceivable he could retire having caused more damage to England's South coast than Hitler managed to.

:ross:

:ross: :ross:

Back