• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Same reason he went for AVB and bought Sheva, loves high profile stars and managers. Harry has no profile or cred abroad and would never be hired by the likes of Chelscum.

I can't see him wanting to leave the south coast for opportunities outside the UK. It'll probably be media work for Redknapp for the next 12 months at which point he'll retire from management and go enjoy the rest of his life.

It'll be something else soon enough. HMRC are waiting and watching. Same with the old bill.

You reckon? They've just spent millions only to lose the case. He's a high profile celebrity, they're going to have to have some pretty brick hot evidence if they are going to convict him. I mean ffs he got off last time partly by saying he doesn't even know how to send a text!!!

Same reason he went for AVB and bought Sheva, loves high profile stars and managers. Harry has no profile or cred abroad and would never be hired by the likes of Chelscum.

Come off it, he is a high profile manager. Bastian Schweinsteiger said he was shocked that Redknapp didn't get the England job and claimed to have never heard of Hodgson or words to that effect. Regardless of what you think about him, he raised the profile of our club and he raised his own profile due to the club's CL campaign.

EVEN England’s arch rivals Germany thought Harry Redknapp was a dead cert to be national boss.

Some of the biggest names in German football were bewildered when the FA appointed West Brom boss Roy Hodgson instead.

Germany enforcer Bastian Schweinsteiger, his Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes and international skipper Philipp Lahm were scratching their heads.

Schweinsteiger said: “The work Redknapp has done at Tottenham is perfect. The other one, I don’t know.

“I hope he will bring the national team of England back to the top because it is a footballing nation and England should be one of the top teams in the world.”

Asked if he had at least heard of Hodgson, Schweinsteiger added: “Yes, but I can’t tell you anything about what he’s like with players, or how he trains them.

“I’ve heard more about Harry Redknapp because, with Tottenham, he played really good football, especially in the Champions League last season.”

Bayern boss Heynckes — who won the Bundesliga with the German giants and the Champions League with Real Madrid — revealed he knew little of Hodgson.

Worse he slammed the FA’s THREE-MONTH delay in appointing a new chief after Fabio Capello quit in February.

Heynckes, 66, said: “No, I cannot imagine that this delay would happen in Germany. Absolutely not because we have a totally different mentality.

“I don’t think it would be possible in Germany. They would have sorted it out way, way before. Whether it’s with a club or a national team, when one manager finishes, the next day the new one is presented.”

Heynckes said he had heard top stars such as Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand had publicly given Redknapp their endorsement.

He added: “I don’t know him well. But I’ve followed the discussions and also heard the opinions of the national team players and they would have preferred the Tottenham manager.

“But as often with national associations, they don’t listen.

“To be the manager of the English national team is not that easy. What do I know? Maybe there were difficulties, or problems with Redknapp.”

Germany and Bayern skipper Lahm said: “I don’t know Roy Hodgson well. But I think it was very, very important they made a decision and that there is a manager in place now.

“You need training sessions before a big tournament like the European Championships and the weeks just before a tournament are very important when the team is together.

“It’s particularly important with Chelsea in the Champions League final, because their players will be joining up late with the national squad.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...t-Harry-Redknapp-was-Englands-top-choice.html

Who does Harry write for again? Whose been the most vocal over his sacking?

Pigfudger is entitled to his opinion. Give me another prominent foreign player singing his praises.

As I said. The proof of the pudding.....

Who does Harry write for again? Whose been the most vocal over his sacking?

Pigfudger is entitled to his opinion. Give me another prominent foreign player singing his praises.

As I said. The proof of the pudding.....

Schweinsteiger is one of the best players in Europe and has no alleigance to Redknapp whatsoever.

Yes. I know my mind and have a clear agenda. And you don't?

Not really I just acknowledge that he did a great job at Spurs and despite his faults, he's one of the top 5 or so managers in this country. I think Di Matteo will get found out eventually, you can only be that lucky for so long.

I'd say he's clearly in the top ten. And I'm not a massive fan of his personally but can see through that to acknowledge he's a decent manager.

Yeah. Decent.

Fergy
Wenger
Di Matteo
Lambert
Rodgers
O Neill
Moyes
Pardew
Jol
Martinez

All arguably better IMO.

Warnock probs better as well

Hughton?

Think about actual cups won and the likes of Pardew who did better than Harry last year with an inferior squad IMO.

:ross: Warnock!

Too early to judge when it comes to Rodgers and Lambert, lets see how they do at big clubs!

Jol is not a better manager, it's not close!

Di Matteo luckier not better

:ross: Warnock!

Too early to judge when it comes to Rodgers and Lambert, lets see how they do at big clubs!

Jol is not a better manager, it's not close!

Di Matteo luckier not better

for the sake of argument - one place lower with an inferior team. . . .

Back