• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - How long have you been a member of GG?

Not forgetting Morrientes!
Didnt Convey have the work permit issues that went on for ever!

I remember United getting a permit for someone at the same time that had no caps, while Convey was denied one while almost filling the demands. He signed for Reading a year or two later, we didn't miss out on much really.

I was thinking about it this morning, trying to suss out how long I'd been a member here based on players associated with us.

I clearly remember excitement about the impending signing of Bobby Convey, and that was 2003. As was the whole Rivaldo fiasco.

So I must've been around for about 10 years at least or so I reckon.

How about you lot?

Member for about five minutes, lurked since the Spursupdate-days. Fond memories of Morientes, the Sock, Jimmy Kong and THAT letter from Rivaldo...

mid 2004 i think - just after the board i was on shut and closed for good after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine roasting thing happened

I invented the site and the previous versions.

About 12 years I think. Maybe less. Since it was spurs talk or somethin silly.

Not sure exactly, but I've been through at least three regenerations of this forum, and remember it in it's yid-talk days, and I believe it may even have been called something else before that. I reckon it must be around 10-12 years by now.

the sock, guy in tree, morientes... the time where there where little internet symbols were used for posters... it was the idiosyncracies such as these that got me to post and stay.

Since it was known as Spurs Update, I lurked more then though only posted once or twice back in the day.

Got me thinking about a few of the old posters you don't see anymore... Anyone remember SouthStandGirl, she had a massive crush on Anderton or something wasn't it, very strange girl !

Back