• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT / Going to Liverpool Friday to see the Missus' family

I'm going up with the gf, her sister and bf and her mum and dad on Friday to see all her family and coming back Sunday. Coincidentally it was the only weekend I was free.

Mate emails me today and says he has a spare ticket for Saturdays game in the away end but it could be on it's own.

Text the missus to ask if I can go to the game saying I'd leave at 5 and be back at 8-30pm (complete and utter bullsh..)

"Are you joking" she replies.

hmmm do I or don't I? Not sure what to do. I probably won't get to watch the game otherwise as I doubt they will have ESPN at the house.

The thing is her family do not care about football, other than that they're from Liverpool and love Liverpool even though they dont have a clue about football at all, so I know if I go I will be in the doghouse with all of them.

What would any of you guys do? Normally I tell my gf I'm watching spurs or am at spurs at the weekend and she doesn't give a brick, now it's on her families territory and I've asked she's tinkled...

Last edited:
So let me get this straight!

you are giving up your weekend to go visit her family and probably be bored From Friday to Sunday, but go anyway as its the boyfreind thing to do. Then a mate happens to offer you a free ticket for a game going on around the corner from where you are for your team and she is upset about that?

Seems you did the other half thing, going up there. So the least she could do is let you go out for 3 hours to see the game. You are spending the whole weekend up there for gods sake. To me she is being unfair and I would point that out and make her feel guilty. And go anyway.

BTW my first thought was to suggest kicking her in the sponge and going anyway.

Man up and go to the game unfortunately can't help but think fact you're posting on here means you ain't gonna go and are looking for an excuse. Well I'll tell you now if you don't go your a bottle job

yes mate. when the weekend was being negotiated I even looked at the fixtures and mentioned that the spurs game was on and mentioned that I would want to go the game to my gf and her sister and they didnt seem too bothered.

The thing is since being with her I have only missed one Spurs game that has been on tele, which happened to be on her actual birthday which was the Liverpool game when we lost 2-0 at Anfield, the night game 09/10. I absolutely hate missing spurs games and she knows this.

I should make her feel guilty shouldn't I.

Man up and go to the game unfortunately can't help but think fact you're posting on here means you ain't gonna go and are looking for an excuse. Well I'll tell you now if you don't go your a bottle job

Just like sharing my predicaments with you guys, see if any of you have been in similar situations. but you are right, if I do not go, I am indeed a bottle job.

How long have you been together?

What is the general state of your relationship?

If you feel going to the game might cause a massive fight/break up AND you're prepared to live with that = go to the game

If you believe she'd understand afterwards and have enough leverage/brownie point to afford this = go to the game

If you fear this could be the end of what's been a patchy ride and you would rather work on improving things amongst yourselves = don't go the game and make be watch it online at the house or something.

How long have you been together?

What is the general state of your relationship?

If you feel going to the game might cause a massive fight/break up AND you're prepared to live with that = go to the game

If you believe she'd understand afterwards and have enough leverage/brownie point to afford this = go to the game

If you fear this could be the end of what's been a patchy ride and you would rather work on improving things amogst yourselfs = don't go the game and make be watch it online at the house or something.

It will be 3 years next month. Going a bit ropey. need more time to ourselves so in all honesty I'd say the one I've bolded.

so ill go to the game! :lol:

My missus is a die hard Spurs fan now. If were playing Sunday's she will even stream the game at her parents house.

I told her when we first started nothing comes inbetween me and my Football :barnet:

My missus is a die hard Spurs fan now. If were playing Sunday's she will even stream the game at her parents house.

I told her when we first started nothing comes inbetween me and my Football :barnet:

You bloody geezer. That's exactly what I said when I started out with her. She doesn't give a monkeys about football and I try and show her highlights of our goals but she just looks at me and smiles. It's bloody annoying as her sister is a new gooner now as her new bf is one and has converted her.

I took her to the Sunderland game last year (when bent missed a pen or was that a year before?) and she seemed to enjoy it....

Women are like kids. If you let them away with anything you are on to a constant battle.

Man the fuk up and goto the game, if she gets upset tell her there is no fudging I in us.

Back