• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - BBC Sport webpages

It's not great but I like the live updates more than before. Why on earth do these people insist on having so many freaking options on the homepage? Keep it simple!

Last edited:
I think it's brick but it'll be completely normal in 2 months time

Yeah true, like facebook, every so often they swap it around and it is a fudging trainwreck, everyone moans, then everyone gets use to it.

The only winners are the designers gettting paid for churning out the pointless changes.

The BBC website was so nice....

Haven't bothered checking it out yet, but I've struggled to find things there in the past, like Twunty's predictions and the Predictor.

I cannot for the life of me work out how to get to the European league pages anymore. It does not show up in the league options, I can change the results to say the Portuguese league but I used to be able to get on a page that had the results, table and upcoming fixtures all in one.

I do like a lot of the improvements, more stories on the front page, more facts and easier to get to but the Navigation seems a little to hidden in places. Oh and Yellow is way better than Red ;)

I cannot for the life of me work out how to get to the European league pages anymore. It does not show up in the league options, I can change the results to say the Portuguese league but I used to be able to get on a page that had the results, table and upcoming fixtures all in one.

I do like a lot of the improvements, more stories on the front page, more facts and easier to get to but the Navigation seems a little to hidden in places. Oh and Yellow is way better than Red ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/default.stm

I think its good. Its without doubt a tough task to represent a massive subject such as sport with limited page size and a reluctance to put too much below the fold (scrolling is so much like hard work;))

The top, with the slightly messy scatter of headlines is not good, but the rest they've tried to column out and the 'video/audio' and 'highlights' widgets that scroll left and right are good as well as the collapsible menus for the fixtures/results. Should add these for the tables as well.

I think the trick these days is to represent as much as possible on the front page and to keep all facts and figures type stuff as accessible as possible on that front page so not to lose browsers deeper into navigation. Sometimes people just want to visit for only 1 minute so if you can feed them a solid overview of everything quickly, inc maybe feeds then all the better.

The traditional navigation at the top is always worth having and if you look at the drop down box 'more sports' or 'leagues & competitions' (when on football page) you will find most of the drill down stuff you may have trouble finding.

I did the feedback thing on the new site.

I too think it's a train wreck. Cluttered, no pattern, and bloody hard to find anything of relevance.

Awful.

Does this brick happen because of a lack of positive feedback? I wouldn't really have considered getting in contact to say how well a website was designed/ran but they really had it sorted before, was anyone really unhappy/calling for change? Whoever they paid to do this brick has really fudged up.

They seem to have removed the top goalscorers section for each league, nice one! Don't like it at all but I suppose I'll get used to it.

I think it's awesome - way better than the old one, and 10 times better than the new Spurs one

In 10 seconds you can see all the top stories, all the top videos - on the Spurs site it takes around 3 minutes to see the top stories and read them - whilst waiting for a pointless enormous image to load - awful design that is

Note that if you go to the leagues on the BBC and expand Spurs you can see how our league position has fluctuated this year, who our top scorers are etc - awesome stuff

I love the full league table showing you the form, then when you click on your team it shows all the details and stats. I had to watch the video to work it out though.

This one gets on my tits

Problem is - most customers have patterns an once they learn where to find their products - walk straight to those and never 'explore' other parts of the shop where they can find other things to buy. At leat that's my conspiracy theory

Problem is - most customers have patterns an once they learn where to find their products - walk straight to those and never 'explore' other parts of the shop where they can find other things to buy. At leat that's my conspiracy theory

Yeah that's the reasoning, but it doesn't suddenly make me want to buy more things I don't need.

Some people do, I'm afraid

Simlar to putting sweets and chocolates alongside the isle for the queue - the missus always picks one or two while waiting. Wouldn't do it otherwise. Aaaarrrgggh

I actually think its okay, not great but okay.

However I will be gutted if they have binned all old interviews (haven't checked)

Back