• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ossie Ardiles

W ell its all about o pinions and i disagree, the fact is the best team he played for was us and when you think that we were a poor team around the time says a lot about how good he was. A player who was as good as some fans insist you would think he would have ended up with a real top team, the fact that he did not says a lot. imo
The Saudi Sportswashing Machine team he played for were far better than us.

Fact fans....that's the golf course where John White was killed by lightning strike.

Really? i am old enough to remember that about White. Great player who was called the ghost because of his ability to find space and use of the ball. Such a loss to Spurs and football. :(

I don't hate anyone, particularly our players, I'm frequently labelled a happy clappy fan as I try to see the best in our players, but after seeing some really great players in our shirts I don't buy into put some good players on a pedal stool simply because they had media appeal. The Ginola thing does annoy me as players like John Duncan was a far better player in terms of end product and team play but never gets a mention.
well Ginola did not play the amount of games John Duncan did IIRC...Ginola absolutely lit up WHL like no other player!
Graham ditched him ...because he was jealous of what Ginola was as a Spurs. Unfortunately Ginola had his best days before us..but what a player...

Fact fans....that's the golf course where John White was killed by lightning strike.
yeah..everything changed so quickly to that great Team. John White so much an important part of that Team. My Dad allways used to say he was our key player! And they were a Team..of complete British stock no foreign
internationals like todays Squads..and ..No subs! No expensive fresh legged substitutes!!!!!!! to come on and win games..in the 80th minute..it was real Team football as it was designed to be. You simply cannot compare football today in any way to yesteryear.

well Ginola did not play the amount of games John Duncan did IIRC...Ginola absolutely lit up WHL like no other player!
Graham ditched him ...because he was jealous of what Ginola was as a Spurs. Unfortunately Ginola had his best days before us..but what a player...

Duncan played 3 more games and he was carrying an injured back for a long time while playing, he played in a struggling team with a very young Glenn Hoddle and Steve Perryman supported by the likes of Terry Naylor, John Pratt, Keith Osgood and John Gorman whereas Ginola had Mabbutt, Carr, Campbell, Ferdinand, Anderton and Klinsmann in his team. Ginola had lots of skill and star appeal but was too fond of fannying about, week after week you would see the striker make the run for the cross but David wanted to beat the back again and do a couple of body swerves and step overs.

Last edited:
Duncan played 3 more games and he was carrying an injured back for a long time while playing, he played in a struggling team with a very young Glenn Hoddle and Steve Perryman supported by the likes of Terry Naylor, John Pratt, Keith Osgood and John Gorman whereas Ginola had Mabbutt, Carr, Campbell, Ferdinand, Anderton and Klinsmann in his team. Ginola had lots of skill and star appeal but was too fond of fannying about, week after week you would see the striker make the run for the cross but David wanted to beat the back again and do a couple of body swerves and step overs.

He had the dog days of Mabs, Ferdinand and Klinsmann TBH

Ginola was sensational for us, to win the PFA as a Spurs player in those times says it all....Ridiculous talent

I guess if you were brought up on Ginola, the star appeal in a sea of duds would have stuck with you, but he simply doesn't compare to Archibald, Crooks, Ardiles, Hoddle, Waddle, Gascoigne, in fact he was probably on a par with Micky Hazard. Not to mention Sheringham, King, Berbatov, Modric, van der Vaart, Bale, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane. And that's not including any of the greats that come before my time. So no, Ginola definitely did not absolutely light up WHL like no other player!

Back