• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. West Ham

Let's keep in mind who Defoe has been scoring against. Remember Soldado got a brace when he was given a run against one of our glorious Europa League competitors as well. Let's think of what it would do for Soldado's confidence to be benched after 6 games, after 26 million spent on him and AVB's vote of confidence. I also don't think he's done that bad of a job.

His movement has been great and he's been putting in the work. If he was sulking around the pitch like a Berbatov or Adebayor and wasn't getting any goals, that's one thing, but he's opening up holes and creating chances with his movement. The goals will come, I just think that people were expecting that we were going to be winning games with 4-5 on a regular basis because of all the additions.

It took Lineker nearly three months before he scored his first Spurs goal. And he ended up as the league's top scorer that year. Have patience
I know Defoe hasn't been scoring against top opposition but that's only because he wasn't allowed to play in the premier league, all of his finishes where top class and he is on fire. I am not a Defoe fan, and i like Soldado at least as much as Defoe, but going with the in form one should be the number one rule except if you have a Messi or C. Ronaldo then you can play them even if they are not in form :) I am not saying that Soldado has been bad, he is playing ok but we should give Defoe and Holtby 3 starts in the premier league if they don't show goals/assists then we could go back to eriksen/soldado. I think cup matches would help eriksen and soldado learn more about english football and increase confidence with good perfomances, hopefully, against weaker teams. Look at Vlad just growing with every match and already pressing for a first 11 place.

------------------Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose(Naughton)
--------------Dembele--------Paulinho
Townsend-----------Eriksen-------------- Siggy
-----------------------Soldado

Is currently working well for us. Soldado needs to start scoring or he will find himself on the bench with Defoe starting, Eriksen has to keep up his fine form to stay ahead of Holtby and Dembele/Paulinho has been working thus far so i wouldn't stick Sandro in. Those are the three closest to breaking into the 'first team' imo.

Chadli is only recently back from injury and Siggy is on a goalscoring run, Townsend does far more than Lamela at the moment and Chirches needs to get some game time in the PL before he gets his first start.

Last edited:
------------------Lloris

Is currently working well for us. Soldado needs to start scoring or he will find himself on the bench with Defoe starting, Eriksen has to keep up his fine form to stay ahead of Holtby and Dembele/Paulinho has been working thus far so i wouldn't stick Sandro in. Those are the three closest to breaking into the 'first team' imo.

Chadli is only recently back from injury and Siggy is on a goalscoring run, Townsend does far more than Lamela at the moment and Chirches needs to get some game time in the PL before he gets his first start.

I think you've nailed the starting line up there, in terms of what we'll be picked.

This should be a comfortable home win for us. 3-0 to Spurs.

I think you've nailed the starting line up there, in terms of what we'll be picked.

This should be a comfortable home win for us. 3-0 to Spurs.

This will be my son's first PL match - both matches he previously attended ended up 3-0 wins so hopefully his record will continue on Sunday.

This will be my son's first PL match - both matches he previously attended ended up 3-0 wins so hopefully his record will continue on Sunday.
Careful, if Mourinho sees your son is a good look charm, he will offer him free season tickets...

I know Defoe hasn't been scoring against top opposition but that's only because he wasn't allowed to play in the premier league, all of his finishes where top class and he is on fire. I am not a Defoe fan, and i like Soldado at least as much as Defoe, but going with the in form one should be the number one rule except if you have a Messi or C. Ronaldo then you can play them even if they are not in form :) I am not saying that Soldado has been bad, he is playing ok but we should give Defoe and Holtby 3 starts in the premier league if they don't show goals/assists then we could go back to eriksen/soldado. I think cup matches would help eriksen and soldado learn more about english football and increase confidence with good perfomances, hopefully, against weaker teams. Look at Vlad just growing with every match and already pressing for a first 11 place.

He's scored one league goal in 2013. Its ****ing october.

Spammers really have some dross these days don't they. Went down with far better sides than this one.

--------------Lloris-----------------

Walker-----Verts----Dawson----Naughton

-----------Dembele---Paulinho---------

Townsend--------Eriksen----------Siggy

--------------Soldado-----------------

No reason to change things up and judging by the side we saw Thursday I expect no changes from Chelski

2-0 they will inevitably park the bus and we will have 35 shots on goal before 85th minute breakthrough

Was talking about this season, i agree to bench him when he has a goal drought but now when in form we should play him.

I don't think he's particularly in form. He scores in those lower level competitions like this every year (20 goals in 30 uefa/europa league games and 9 in 16 keague cup games) yet fails to deliver in the league.
I'd be all for dropping Soldado if he wasn't working hard or missing chances but he's not. Is Soldado gonna improve because he was dropped? No, he's already doing everything he needs to do. All that will happen is his confidence will take a battering. Soldado has already been dropped from the Spain squad. So any motivation he needed is already there for him to up his game. Ultimately our front players need time to gel. They need as much time on the pitch together as possible.

I don't think he's particularly in form. He scores in those lower level competitions like this every year (20 goals in 30 uefa/europa league games and 9 in 16 keague cup games) yet fails to deliver in the league.
I'd be all for dropping Soldado if he wasn't working hard or missing chances but he's not. Is Soldado gonna improve because he was dropped? No, he's already doing everything he needs to do. All that will happen is his confidence will take a battering. Soldado has already been dropped from the Spain squad. So any motivation he needed is already there for him to up his game. Ultimately our front players need time to gel. They need as much time on the pitch together as possible.

I fully agree. Soldado has been unlucky thus far and really deserves some goals - I am positive that once he starts to score, he will regain his confidence and start drilling them in. 20 goals in the PL by season's end is what we'll get from the Spaniard. Defoe is in fine form, scoring while not wasting too many chances surprisingly, but Soldado brings so much more to the game and is the obvious choice imo.

I like Vlad so far, had some of his usual heart stopping moments which you guys are not yet used to (he's never conceded a goal when he does this and I've never seen him give away a penalty kick - he's spot on at crucial tackles), but I think he can get some playing time against West Ham just to get the feel of the league. A pair with Dawson and Verts on the left would be a great set up especially with Caroll out.

Lamela would also be in my first choice team and I think he will be out to prove himself after a disappointing game on Thursday.
I think we'll really trash WH with Soldado to score twice and one a piece for Lamela and Eriksen. 4-0.

Last edited:
Wingers vs inverted wingers game written all over it
Their team is effective ad full of mid table cloggers - must be alardyce in charge

I fully agree. Soldado has been unlucky thus far and really deserves some goals - I am positive that once he starts to score, he will regain his confidence and start drilling them in. 20 goals in the PL by season's end is what we'll get from the Spaniard. Defoe is in fine form, scoring while not wasting too many chances surprisingly, but Soldado brings so much more to the game and is the obvious choice imo.

I like Vlad so far, had some of his usual heart stopping moments which you guys are not yet used to (he's never conceded a goal when he does this and I've never seen him give away a penalty kick - he's spot on at crucial tackles), but I think he can get some playing time against West Ham just to get the feel of the league. A pair with Dawson and Verts on the left would be a great set up especially with Caroll out.

Lamela would also be in my first choice team and I think he will be out to prove himself after a disappointing game on Thursday.
I think we'll really trash WH with Soldado to score twice and one a piece for Lamela and Eriksen. 4-0.

Everyone is super confident about his match and the Hammers fans don't hold out much hope.

This has all the hallmarks of a 1-1 draw where they score early on, we pepper their goal withou success until Townsend scores with his first shot of the match in the 97th minute from the half way line.

------------------Lloris

Chadli is only recently back from injury and Siggy is on a goalscoring run, Townsend does far more than Lamela.
+1
That is our current best home team of fit players.

Unfortunately, I can't see anything but a resounding defeat, but as we all know, nothing is certain, and with a solid, disciplined and professional performance, we may just sneak away with a point, but to do that, we are going to HAVE to score - and that's what worries me.

This game doesn't bear thinking about.

To stop the depression that will engulf this thread, I think we should avoid predicting the score but instead predict our shots on target,
Ever the optimist, I'll start with 2.

Just want a good away support, anything else is a positive.

We haven't a prayer. They have pace in abundance in their team and top class players who will undo us at leisure, plus one the division's meanest defences. I really fear for us in this one, I really do. Not only can they score goals from open play, their dead ball experts, of which they have quite a few, will also have a few chances to score from just outside the penalty box and they will convert some of them too. We will do well to keep them to under 3

Is anyone able to explain why Dawson's not in even the England squad?

He had Carroll for breakfast last year at their place.

My least favourite away game of this or most seasons .

Tottenham are developing a fine side , full of pace and players skillful enough to run at defenders carrying the ball , creating acres of space .Two things defenders generally hate are direct pace making them back peddle or having to defend their goal whilst looking at it .

...now my take on this is that we have our best defensive set up in years - one that can hold it's own against the best of them. I think we will see our lads give their forwards a beasting next week and break their hearts. Their weaknesses in defence were exposed against Chelsea and if we set up positive and play possession like we did yesterday, we will create chances. The key in this game for me will be where Morrison plays - against better teams he'll get more freedom to run at them and pick his passes - he must be deployed in the advanced role behind the forward.

Don't think you can go to T*ttingham with our team as is currently is and compete with them, football doesn't work like that.

Stay solid, stay tight, pray for a bit of luck and hope to nick a goal somehow off of someone's elbow.

We are awful at the moment, especially away from home.

Anyone who thinks we can go there and match them and be open against them needs to admit themselves to a mental hospital sharpish.

I don't think Tottenham are that good TBH - both Arsenal and Chelsea were better ........the problem lies with us as an attacking force and the rotund one's team selection.

They're not completely gelled yet, and from what i've seen, they struggle to get a good ball tempo against opponents who park the bus. Hopefully this will be true when we play them as well and we can nick it in the end.

I'd rather focus on that than the problems at our end

never heard so much negativity its only spuds not bloody brazil, the odds were against us when we were doomed for relegation against united.. BUT WE STAYED UP!.. i went Hull this weekend yeah i was dissapointed, we didnt deserve to lose, 2 stupid calls from the ref both given the opposite ways (penalty calls).. i am always optimistic going to these mugs at the weekend, we can always hope to grab a point, or a 94th minute diame screamer!! Im sticking with 0-0 or 0-1 COYI's!!!

I watched the Spurs game against Chelsea and have to admit that there's absolutely no chance of us getting even one point and we'd be lucky if we concede less than...say two goals.

Jesus, they're a cheery bunch nowadays!...

Guess that's what being managed by fat Sam does to a team

Jesus, they're a cheery bunch nowadays!...

Guess that's what being managed by fat Sam does to a team

****ing hell man, I almost feel sorry for them. Less than 10 years ago, some of them were going on about how they were going to surpass us as a team and club.

Back