• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. West Ham

4-0 Spurs

BVq9q8DIUAAKQNt.jpg

Wow could see the return of Joe Cole? Did they have to move the game to Old Trafford so they hadcen

Dembele's been superb recently and people want him dropped :-s

Maybe they want to see Sandro-Paulinho instead? They're 3 players fighting for two spots. At least one will miss out most games and we have Capoue to come back as well.

It's not about dropping players, it's about picking a team that will get us the result we want AND keep everyone fresh.

Maybe they want to see Sandro-Paulinho instead? They're 3 players fighting for two spots. At least one will miss out most games and we have Capoue to come back as well.

It's not about dropping players, it's about picking a team that will get us the result we want AND keep everyone fresh.

=D>

Is Erkisen really a no brainer? He had a great debut and played well vs. Tromso but hasn't really dazzled us since. Holtby has impressed in every chance he's gotten so far this season, and has been with the team longer.

Is Erkisen really a no brainer? He had a great debut and played well vs. Tromso but hasn't really dazzled us since. Holtby has impressed in every chance he's gotten so far this season, and has been with the team longer.

Yes he is :)

I'd be tempted to play Holtby beside Paulinho in the middle, its only West Ham and Holtby will be way more creative than Dembele.

Holtby and Defoe have to start more often in the premier league, when Holtby has a bag full of assists and Defoe one full of goals recently they should be a no brainer. I understand that we have to settle in soldado and eriksen but come on, H&D have been playing superbly and they have been with the club longer, i can see that we punish people for that now...

Holtby and Defoe have to start more often in the premier league, when Holtby has a bag full of assists and Defoe one full of goals recently they should be a no brainer. I understand that we have to settle in soldado and eriksen but come on, H&D have been playing superbly and they have been with the club longer, i can see that we punish people for that now...

The thing is you know what you get with Defoe. He's gonna shoot on sight, go on month long goal droughts, and have a few weeks where he catches fire. This is why I am not in favor of dropping Soldado, as we still only seen glimpses of what he can offer the team. Same with Holtby, they need to be giving those extended periods of play to find out what they are all about.

I'd be tempted to play Holtby beside Paulinho in the middle, its only West Ham and Holtby will be way more creative than Dembele.
I don't think it would be fair to the lad to play him in any position other than his preferred one behind the striker, considering his chances to impress in the premier league have been few and far between.
I understand he needs any time he can get, but I don't want him to go out there in a deeper position, where he has always failed to impress, and give the staff a reason not to play him.

The thing is you know what you get with Defoe. He's gonna shoot on sight, go on month long goal droughts, and have a few weeks where he catches fire. This is why I am not in favor of dropping Soldado, as we still only seen glimpses of what he can offer the team. Same with Holtby, they need to be giving those extended periods of play to find out what they are all about.
If you know they have a few weeks where they catch fire why don't you use them in those weeks?? When goal droughts for defoe start then it is back to the cup games, simple as that. Ain't saying that soldado should be dropped entirely, play him in the cups until defoe's fire is gone. Most of the new signings need time to get used to english football so players like soldado and eriksen can learn a lot during cup games and when they are ready they will play in the premier league. Holtby is a passing GHod at the moment and defoe scores in a match as many times as he wants at the moment.

If you know they have a few weeks where they catch fire why don't you use them in those weeks?? When goal droughts for defoe start then it is back to the cup games, simple as that. Ain't saying that soldado should be dropped entirely, play him in the cups until defoe's fire is gone. Most of the new signings need time to get used to english football so players like soldado and eriksen can learn a lot during cup games and when they are ready they will play in the premier league. Holtby is a passing GHod at the moment and defoe scores in a match as many times as he wants at the moment.

Let's keep in mind who Defoe has been scoring against. Remember Soldado got a brace when he was given a run against one of our glorious Europa League competitors as well. Let's think of what it would do for Soldado's confidence to be benched after 6 games, after 26 million spent on him and AVB's vote of confidence. I also don't think he's done that bad of a job.

His movement has been great and he's been putting in the work. If he was sulking around the pitch like a Berbatov or Adebayor and wasn't getting any goals, that's one thing, but he's opening up holes and creating chances with his movement. The goals will come, I just think that people were expecting that we were going to be winning games with 4-5 on a regular basis because of all the additions.

It took Lineker nearly three months before he scored his first Spurs goal. And he ended up as the league's top scorer that year. Have patience

Back