• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham vs West Ham ***

Andy Carroll, he only scores when we let him.

About as smart as this guy:

_40863700_bent.jpg

i post that because i did slate ade a little during the game, but i hold my hands up here. he was actually quite effective and worked hard.. parker too.

=D>
You've shown courage mate. Many of his slaggers won't ever 'see' it...good on ya! Agree re: goal, and the sitter missed was inexcusable, but he has been ploughing away steadily for a few games now and is very important in helping Bale get that extra yard to move into...IF he can score a coule, the threat becomes even greater and leaves defenses even more to worry about...

:ross: I'm not getting in to this again.

Earlier in the season he would have made the Holtby for Sigurdsson sub in the 75th minute and we'd have dropped points. It's this kind of decisiveness and recognition of what needed to be changed that I was crying out for and that's why I'm pleased that he's now getting things completely right.

You are getting into it by making the comment.
I just think it's laughable that you genuinely believe that now AVB is doing 'what you said he should be doing' we're winning. You should've applied for his job in the summer!
Seriously, in my opinion you have consistently failed to apply CONTEXT to his work, starting with what he came into. Be fair, you and a score of others were savaging the geezer after 8 games and could not see what he was trying to do. It's alright, no worries...and I wouldn't have bothered saying anything but you keep on getting stuck in mate! ;-)

All in the spirit of friendly, but punchy, debate! :)

We're ALL winning in the end regardless of who said what when, that's the important thing.
COYS!

Taking Raboner's lead of 'hand in the air' honesty, I have to say that Jurgen and KD have been proven right with regards to Bale needing to get on with it more once fouled. Had he stayed on the deck he'd never have been in the position to score. He jumped to his feet and suddenly had the ball! You've been proven right on that one chaps, he does seem to be getting up from his fouls quicker. Interesting to note hi own comments post-match about how many times they tried to kick him second half...

Taking Raboner's lead of 'hand in the air' honesty, I have to say that Jurgen and KD have been proven right with regards to Bale needing to get on with it more once fouled. Had he stayed on the deck he'd never have been in the position to score. He jumped to his feet and suddenly had the ball! You've been proven right on that one chaps, he does seem to be getting up from his fouls quicker. Interesting to note hi own comments post-match about how many times they tried to kick him second half...

I have noted that this golden run of form started with his 60 yard run and goal against Norwich when he didn't go down despite being clipped at full stretch. The boy is mentally and physically stronger.

:ross: I'm not getting in to this again.

Earlier in the season he would have made the Holtby for Sigurdsson sub in the 75th minute and we'd have dropped points. It's this kind of decisiveness and recognition of what needed to be changed that I was crying out for and that's why I'm pleased that he's now getting things completely right.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Tottenham_Hotspur_Results_2012-13.html

I don't really see a systematic change in how subs are made. Several games earlier in the season with subs made at similar times to the Sig sub against West Ham. Several games recently with the first subs at later stages than the West Ham game.

It depends on a lot of factors that are individual to each game. Random chance then creates some patterns perhaps. To think that AVB all of a sudden in the last month or two learned some simple fact about how to make substitutions sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. It also sounds condescending and insulting towards AVB. He's not some guy who won a contest on the telly and got the job as Spurs manager this summer as the prize. He's been working under top class managers in the past, studying how they work and studying the game, he's been coaching for over a decade and has been a manager/head coach for several years now at several clubs.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Tottenham_Hotspur_Results_2012-13.html

I don't really see a systematic change in how subs are made. Several games earlier in the season with subs made at similar times to the Sig sub against West Ham. Several games recently with the first subs at later stages than the West Ham game.

It depends on a lot of factors that are individual to each game. Random chance then creates some patterns perhaps. To think that AVB all of a sudden in the last month or two learned some simple fact about how to make substitutions sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. It also sounds condescending and insulting towards AVB. He's not some guy who won a contest on the telly and got the job as Spurs manager this summer as the prize. He's been working under top class managers in the past, studying how they work and studying the game, he's been coaching for over a decade and has been a manager/head coach for several years now at several clubs.

=D>

Well done Steff, its probaly the only thing I had a differing opinion of from you. I get a lot wrong as an opinionated fan but that was one thing I did feel strongly about. Its always better to get up and keep going than to roll around playing the victim. Not to blow my own trumpet but I shall quote my post from the Gareth Bale thread to show I'm not bandwagon jumping.

8th February 2013, 16:27 #2706
Lily White

Re: Gareth Bale

Perhaps its just me but I think far too many players go down too easy and it shows a lack of fight and determination.
I use to play mainly on the wing and occasionally as striker, I was small and quick a bit like Azza and I would get hacked at, barged, tripped etc but I would always try to keep going. Even if I was hacked down I would get up and keep running unless the ref interveened. Bloody modern day overpaid pansies

You are getting into it by making the comment.
I just think it's laughable that you genuinely believe that now AVB is doing 'what you said he should be doing' we're winning. You should've applied for his job in the summer!
Seriously, in my opinion you have consistently failed to apply CONTEXT to his work, starting with what he came into. Be fair, you and a score of others were savaging the geezer after 8 games and could not see what he was trying to do. It's alright, no worries...and I wouldn't have bothered saying anything but you keep on getting stuck in mate! ;-)

All in the spirit of friendly, but punchy, debate! :)

We're ALL winning in the end regardless of who said what when, that's the important thing.
COYS!

Well said.

Spotted this stat about the WH keeper....
His 11 saves in tonight's game is the first time a goalkeeper has reached double figures in a single Premier League game this season.

Can't believe we are back to the "man up" brick from the keyboard warriors.

Amazing how our own fans want to give the best player we have seen in decades brick when he goes down, but no one mentions the fact that the fat basterd's team spent the night trying to hack him down at every opportunity, where's the comments on lack of ref protection? how would you feel if one of those tackles injured Bale?

No offense personally Lily, but running fairly quick vs. Bale's speed is two big differences, as is the level of the game being played. Bale has dedicated his life to the game, he's on the verge of being one of the top 5 players in the world, has been badly injured by pricks before, has spent months on the sidelines before, and must have wondered like any player that depends on pace, if he'd come back the same.

Players who can be stronger on the ball do get additional opportunities, but the take a hit like a man conversation is flimflam ... if Bale sees some asshole trying to break his leg on the way in, I for one hopes he does everything he can to avoid it.

You would be incredibly lucky to avoid injury in a career in football. I'm not on about avoiding injury but the times that players get knocked or brushed and fall to the floor and sit there waving their arms at the ref when it could often be beneficial to get up and keep going, especially if the ref doesn't give a free-kick.
For example I think it was last season when Andy Carroll was playing for liverpool. He threw himself to the floor in the penalty box looking for a penalty when it was easier for him to score. Bale has recently been getting up and trying to keep going and has scored goals, whereas before he would have sat there waiting for the ref to give a free kick.

Well done Steff, its probaly the only thing I had a differing opinion of from you. I get a lot wrong as an opinionated fan but that was one thing I did feel strongly about. Its always better to get up and keep going than to roll around playing the victim. Not to blow my own trumpet but I shall quote my post from the Gareth Bale thread to show I'm not bandwagon jumping.

8th February 2013, 16:27 #2706
Lily White

Re: Gareth Bale

Perhaps its just me but I think far too many players go down too easy and it shows a lack of fight and determination.
I use to play mainly on the wing and occasionally as striker, I was small and quick a bit like Azza and I would get hacked at, barged, tripped etc but I would always try to keep going. Even if I was hacked down I would get up and keep running unless the ref interveened. Bloody modern day overpaid pansies

Let me clarify though that I do believe Bale has had to take evasive action to avoid injury from the likes of Sidwell and Agger, who clearly have no intention of ever playing the ball against him. In fact, I'd wager that at Anfield we will see the same old Agger flimflam. I hope Bale can avoid being clattered by the taco! Plus I DO still believe that a man of his build and 6ft 2", flying at that speed, needs only the slightest contact to go down...but I think he has clearly decided to channel his anger into the ball whenever it IS possible to get up.

Can't believe we are back to the "man up" brick from the keyboard warriors.

Amazing how our own fans want to give the best player we have seen in decades brick when he goes down, but no one mentions the fact that the fat basterd's team spent the night trying to hack him down at every opportunity, where's the comments on lack of ref protection? how would you feel if one of those tackles injured Bale?

No offense personally Lily, but running fairly quick vs. Bale's speed is two big differences, as is the level of the game being played. Bale has dedicated his life to the game, he's on the verge of being one of the top 5 players in the world, has been badly injured by pricks before, has spent months on the sidelines before, and must have wondered like any player that depends on pace, if he'd come back the same.

Players who can be stronger on the ball do get additional opportunities, but the take a hit like a man conversation is flimflam ... if Bale sees some asshole trying to break his leg on the way in, I for one hopes he does everything he can to avoid it.

This.

I DO think it's worth acknowledging that it appears AVB and Bale have obviously spoken about trying to get on with it when decisions are not given, but perhaps the most telling bit of that goal was in Bale's post-match interview. He spoke of them 'fouling me the second-half' and I think what we are seeing is a man who is now channeling his anger at the roughhouse tactics into the ball; and IF that IS the case, LONG may it continue!!!!!

Spotted this stat about the WH keeper...

His 11 saves in tonight's game is the first time a goalkeeper has reached double figures in a single Premier League game this season.

I normally read all the posts in the OMT but I haven't in this one. Some of the comments in other threads would make you think we lost and all our players are crap.

Thanks for posting that.

It was amazing the way we came back from behind to win this match. Ofcourse, it would have been better if we had won comfortably, but the way we recovered after going behind shows we have this mental strength now. Good to know we have the mentality to fight until the match is over nowadays. AVB deserves full credit for instilling this mentality in the team. And Bale deserves all the praise for scoring another 2 world class goals.

It is really amazing to see the form Bale is in right now. He seems to be getting better and better. It was another 2 wonder goals from him, especially the winning goal. Never thought he could score from that distance but amazingly he did. He seems to be in that red-hot form now that he could score whenever and wherever he wants to. There will be more speculation over his future after this performance. But just hope his valuation keeps on rising and makes it harder for any club to buy him. Hope we can keep him for long time. We simply relies on him too much to let him go to another club.

I think the crucial moment in this match was Lloris' wonder save when it was 1-2 and our second goal by Sigurdsson. What a time for Sigurdson to score his first league goal for us ! When his shot hit the post after being saved by the goalie, thought he will never score a league goal for us as that was the third time his shot had hit the post. Fortunately for him, he got the chance to score the goal. Hope it will boost his confidence to score more goals for him. You cannot say the same about Adebayor. It was unforgivable the way he wasted that header after Sigursson's shot had bounced off the post. Really not sure if Adebayor will get a better chance to score than that.

Despite the win, was disappointed by our defending for conceding the 2 goals. Parker shouldn't have went into the tackle like that inside the penalty box. He was always going to concede the penalty like that. Was also annoyed by the way Cole had all the time in the world to score West Ham's second goal. The defence should have been amore alert for Cole for that. Despite that, Lloris did well to make the crucial save in the second half when we were down 1-2. We could have lost this match had West Ham scored that. Due credit to Lloris for that.

With his win, we are now unbeaten in 11 league matched. Hope we can continue this run longer. It is great to see us move into third place now. Hope this will boost our confidence for the derby match against Arsenal.

Not sure, I thought it was when Parker stepped on his foot but after the game they're saying it was the Moose?

Reflecting back on this game, I think that's the best we've played in a while.

Back